00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xeno910078 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I think I went too hard on one song…

371 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

To be honest, I doubt it’s even good, but it took me at least 12 hours to even finish. Worse yet, my computer could barely handle Flstudio and Deflemask running at the same time, especially as the song gets longer! This is probably going to be the only song I’ll ever make this complex until I get a new work tablet.

Have you guys ever worked on a song so hard that you end up with your head on the keyboard and your computer just wanting to give up on itself?

OviVixen Master Demo (18+)

BBS Signature

Response to I think I went too hard on one song… 2023-08-25 14:35:22

At 8/25/23 02:29 PM, OviManic wrote: To be honest, I doubt it’s even good, but it took me at least 12 hours to even finish. Worse yet, my computer could barely handle Flstudio and Deflemask running at the same time, especially as the song gets longer! This is probably going to be the only song I’ll ever make this complex until I get a new work tablet.

Have you guys ever worked on a song so hard that you end up with your head on the keyboard and your computer just wanting to give up on itself?

No, but recently I did start working on some music. I made a start on one track and was very happy with it, the following afternoon though when I went back to it I didn't like it as much and the longer I kept working on it the more I hated it and realised that it was a dud. I then tried to work on another track and had a similar thing where I had a decent start, but could not flesh it out properly.

So the moral of the story is, don't just Wing It, instead you should write your music in advance or already have an idea that you want to work on. Failing that you can always do an Album A Day and just try to get ideas out and say that you've made something.

As for the computer not being able to handle it, uh... I don't know. The only time I've had problems with something like that was when my PC's Water Cooler broke and my CPU kept on overheating, making it impossible to use FL Studio for a while.

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

Response to I think I went too hard on one song… 2023-08-25 15:01:28

At 8/25/23 02:35 PM, TheJayJay wrote: So the moral of the story is, don't just Wing It,

Ri-i-i-i-i-i-ight, Don’t just “wing-it”…

iu_1060286_8152063.gif

…Well, what’s done is done. I had to make around 12 songs in a span of 5 days in order to get my game demo to release by the end of the month. I’m surprised I actually made it to my personal deadline of August 25th: the music, not the game yet. Whether or not the songs are even listenable… well, that’s up to public to decide once I get this thing out the door!

BBS Signature

At 8/25/23 03:01 PM, OviManic wrote:
At 8/25/23 02:35 PM, TheJayJay wrote: So the moral of the story is, don't just Wing It,
Ri-i-i-i-i-i-ight, Don’t just “wing-it”…

That's only based on my own experience with trying to "wing it" with making a quality song, unless it's to do an AAD.

…Well, what’s done is done. I had to make around 12 songs in a span of 5 days in order to get my game demo to release by the end of the month. I’m surprised I actually made it to my personal deadline of August 25th: the music, not the game yet. Whether or not the songs are even listenable… well, that’s up to public to decide once I get this thing out the door!

12 songs in 5 days!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? HOW!??!?!?!?

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

Response to I think I went too hard on one song… 2023-08-25 15:45:05

At 8/25/23 03:31 PM, TheJayJay wrote: 12 songs in 5 days!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? HOW!??!?!?!?

A good chunk of them are very short; spanning 30 seconds at most with only two or three lasting over a minute. They are also chiptune without much of the special effects often used by chiptune experts. Surprisingly, it’s not that hard to have your Flstudio “prototypes” translate into a tracker so long as the song requires at most 4 or 5 instruments.

BBS Signature

Response to I think I went too hard on one song… 2023-08-25 16:10:07

At 8/25/23 03:55 PM, Leavesz wrote: Any time I make anything with more than 3 instruments playing at the same time cuz I'm running Live 11 (lite) on 4gbs of ram and an intel celeron cpu.

Hooo! The prototype of my last song have 5 instruments playing at the same time and it was feeling that my computer was gonna blue screen at any moment! Hell, it actually did when I installed Flstudio and played around with it and Deflemask at the same time. I almost lost my first song because of that! I can work with 3 instruments playing at the same, but with that last song, it would’ve been a major hassle!

BBS Signature

Response to I think I went too hard on one song… 2023-09-30 01:11:07

Oh absolutely. Here it is

I may be an FL mobile exclusive user, but I haven’t had performance issues this severe until I conjured this behemoth. You can even hear clipping because I had to screen record it natively to get it to render properly. It was an absolute mess to export.

Response to I think I went too hard on one song… 2023-10-02 11:37:29

At 8/25/23 02:29 PM, OviManic wrote: Have you guys ever worked on a song so hard that you end up with your head on the keyboard and your computer just wanting to give up on itself?

Head's bopping along, however my workstation's always screaming in agony when the 175GB RAM Orch Template is open

| Multi-Genre Composer, Main Preferences Are Atmosphere Crafting & Technical Detailing/Palettes | Audio Portal Moderator |

| FREE Audio Resources List For Composers | NG Audio Pub Discord | Follow These Legends! |

BBS Signature