00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

So depending on the game you're playing, what music you rocking?

436 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I just started playing Doom II again and I got the Doom eternal music in the background (it's soo good) so I'm essentially playing Doom II music in well...Doom II.

i usually am fine with just listening to the OST, but if I'm grinding I'll play whatever I'm currently into on Spotify or Soundcloud or Bandcamp or whatever else

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Into Sandy's City on loop over everything ever.

BeSURETODRINK

YOUROVALTINE

BBS Signature

I like to play Terraria while listening Starbound's OSTs.

Life is a game !

BBS Signature

Wasn't there a thread like this already a few days ago? Idk.

I said in that thread that having music or a video while playing a game is way too distracting to me. Feel like a TikTok kid who can't focus without Subway Surfers and Faimly Guy funny moments.

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Just the game's music is enough for me, because most games I play have banger soundtracks anyways.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Animal Crossing New Leaf:

K.K. metal

Which honestly sounds awesome, I'm surprised nobody made up lyrics for it, nor just simply put metal screams to certain parts🔥🔥🔥

BBS Signature

Usually games I play have soundtracks / ambient music that works nicely which I will listen to as I play. If the game lacks this then usually I'll put on some long video of someone talking about something in the background or if I need to focus more on the game then some extended video of music from another game to listen to.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

At 8/22/23 07:32 PM, Magnedeus wrote: I just started playing Doom II again and I got the Doom eternal music in the background (it's soo good) so I'm essentially playing Doom II music in well...Doom II.

I haven't been really rocking music just been having rdr2 in the background and it's quite nice when you aren't being shot at

Fuck

Jet set radio future

Floating in space

BBS Signature

I have a whole playlist of gay music that I listen to while playing, like:  Ver$ace COVER GAY FULL, wenty one pidors, Skillet pidrs.mp3 , Мы ДИЛДО FULL, А ТЫ И ПОДРОЧИ Blatota

At 8/22/23 07:32 PM, Magnedeus wrote: I just started playing Doom II again and I got the Doom eternal music in the background (it's soo good) so I'm essentially playing Doom II music in well...Doom II.

OH DUDE, I started playing quake 3 again using ioQuake and it's been a blast. For some reason I had the GTA San Andreas radio stations on my mind, specifically Playback FM, and I just kinda started playing the radio station while I was in the game. Dude the hip hop tracks on there fit SO WELL with me playing deathmatch. It seriously helped me get in the groove of the game. I wanna try and play some MF Doom stuff later too cause I have a feeling a few tracks I have in mind might work really well too.

Ayo, my name is Dorfde. I do things on the internet.

BBS Signature

If i was playing undertale, it be calm or horror music depending on the route

Check out my stuff.

BBS Signature

If it's a '90s game with the choice of MIDI and CD, then I prefer CD.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

aw man,

ive recently decided to try Silver Surfer again for the nes cause of it being flat out impossible and Tim Follin is like, the one saying grace for this thing.

everyone says it, but in the end there needs to be a reason for everyone to say it, cause yeah, this stuff rocks, how Tim made the music to this god awful game is beyond me but I'm happy he did, ill pause the screen screen listen to the jam, awesome stuff really.

so, if anything NES related, something with Tim Follins name on it

richard milhous nixon looks as if he were a funked lyndon b johnson but not

LET'S-A GO!

OKI DOKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMxcPgEJkfA

And with some osts of Bomb rush cyberfunk lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbogUmJkeBI

The goofy ahh penguin, creator of Deep Sea Prisoner! ;D

BBS Signature

I really don't play much songs whenever I am playing games, Unless they have a mp3 feature of course.

But usually with minecraft, I like to play megaman game's soundtracks while I build, And with Gta SA..I just rock to nirvana while I drive around

any yakuza ost

gets the blood pumping

BBS Signature

When I'm playing Messcraft (illegal browser Minecraft, basically MinecraftForFree's reincarnate) I like to put on Minecraft BGM (since it doesn't have it).

When I'm playing MKWii online, sometimes I listen to some atmospheric breakcore (usually usedcvnt or Sewerslvt), somehow I just get into a small winning streak when I play that shit.

And I know this doesn't count entirely, but when I'm doing some of THAT STUFF on AI websites I love to blast some Odetari.

Otherwise, eh.

!!^!!COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA!!^!!

BBS Signature

I don't really listen to other music/podcasts/shows while playing a game. I think a large part of enjoying the world of the game is to be immersed in it's sound design too.

At 4/22/24 05:02 AM, ZekeWatson wrote: I don't really listen to other music/podcasts/shows while playing a game. I think a large part of enjoying the world of the game is to be immersed in it's sound design too.

Right on! That's not just on the music front, but the ambient sounds too. Footsteps, wind blowing, water flowing, waterfalls rushing, critters... making whatever sound a critter makes, a distant scream of a dude dropping an anvil on his foot...

if im playing a game for the first time ill usually keep things stock and then decide if i wanna play some other music on a replay/grinding side content. when i played jedi fallen order and spider-man i was listening to some miscellaneous movie soundtracks cus thats what im into at the moment.

really depends based on the game, i play a lot of games where i associate specific artists pretty heavily with them (for example pretty much any fire emblem game and hitoshizuku-p) syo i usually play whoever the artist like that is for that game but for others i have specific songs that i associate with certain parts/characters (for example i have songs assigned to the bosses in splatoon side order that i always play while fighting them) that i'll play at that point

BBS Signature