00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dubstep Pre-Drop Vocals/Chants

332 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dubstep Pre-Drop Vocals/Chants 2023-07-31 11:55:29

Other artists like Rukkus and Xtrullor or whoever always seem to have great chants (by that I mean some dude saying "aye" or "drop" or something) that they have in their songs - and also good pre-drop vocals. Where ever I look there's either none or they all sound horrible. I've looked on splice, and there's no good results on google, so can you help? Please include a link to the sound or website or whatever. Thanks for your time!

Casporb - Dubstep delivered to your door!

Response to Dubstep Pre-Drop Vocals/Chants 2023-07-31 12:19:26

At 7/31/23 11:55 AM, Casporb wrote: Other artists like Rukkus and Xtrullor or whoever always seem to have great chants (by that I mean some dude saying "aye" or "drop" or something) that they have in their songs - and also good pre-drop vocals. Where ever I look there's either none or they all sound horrible. I've looked on splice, and there's no good results on google, so can you help? Please include a link to the sound or website or whatever. Thanks for your time!

Just grab audio from your favourite films/podcasts. That's what most folk do.

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep Pre-Drop Vocals/Chants 2023-07-31 12:21:55

At 7/31/23 12:19 PM, AkioDaku wrote:
At 7/31/23 11:55 AM, Casporb wrote: Other artists like Rukkus and Xtrullor or whoever always seem to have great chants (by that I mean some dude saying "aye" or "drop" or something) that they have in their songs - and also good pre-drop vocals. Where ever I look there's either none or they all sound horrible. I've looked on splice, and there's no good results on google, so can you help? Please include a link to the sound or website or whatever. Thanks for your time!

Maybe... I'm not sure that would work, because of Newground's strict copyright rules.

At 7/31/23 12:21 PM, Casporb wrote:
Maybe... I'm not sure that would work, because of Newground's strict copyright rules.

You're fine for one shots like drum hits, sound fonts and one shot vocal samples. It's more to stop people using premade melodic loops. When in doubt get written permission from the original creator of the sample. Most people are happy to be sampled if you just drop them an email and ask.

BBS Signature

Response to Dubstep Pre-Drop Vocals/Chants 2023-08-01 05:23:48

At 7/31/23 01:12 PM, AkioDaku wrote:
At 7/31/23 12:21 PM, Casporb wrote:
You're fine for one shots like drum hits, sound fonts and one shot vocal samples. It's more to stop people using premade melodic loops. When in doubt get written permission from the original creator of the sample. Most people are happy to be sampled if you just drop them an email and ask.

Thanks for the info!

Response to Dubstep Pre-Drop Vocals/Chants 2023-08-10 01:06:13

Listen to Emalkay - Fabrication, the predrop vocal fits in with the synths and basically transforms into the drop, if you ask me you should definitely do some pitch shifting and if youre feeling like a badass, record yourself saying whatever! You could also do the old school way and sample scenes from old kung fu movies! The Widdler - Sensi Samurai is a good example of this.

Musician with a computer older than Julius Caesar and humor drier than desert sand on a sunny day.

BBS Signature