00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VOXPhi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Posting old unfinished/abandoned music?

224 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I've just recently decided to start using this site regularly, but I'm unsure about the rules surrounding audio uploads. I have a lot of old songs that I don't plan to finish, some being less than 2 minutes long, and I wanted to show them off because, unfinished or not, I think they have interesting concepts. Since these aren't technically WIPs I'm not sure what the rules for posting them are. I just think they're neat or funny to look back on, and I wanted to show them off, but I also don't want to have them crowding spaces meant for finished music. What would be the best way to go about showing these off assuming it's not against the rules? Thank you!

Response to Posting old unfinished/abandoned music? 2023-07-30 17:51:43

At 7/30/23 03:39 PM, killerwat wrote: I've just recently decided to start using this site regularly, but I'm unsure about the rules surrounding audio uploads. I have a lot of old songs that I don't plan to finish, some being less than 2 minutes long, and I wanted to show them off because, unfinished or not, I think they have interesting concepts. Since these aren't technically WIPs I'm not sure what the rules for posting them are. I just think they're neat or funny to look back on, and I wanted to show them off, but I also don't want to have them crowding spaces meant for finished music. What would be the best way to go about showing these off assuming it's not against the rules? Thank you!

It’s not against the rules, post whatever you want hear as long as it doesn’t infringe on any copyrights or if it’s just spam. You can read the rules if you want :/

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

Response to Posting old unfinished/abandoned music? 2023-07-30 20:19:42

At 7/30/23 05:51 PM, underscore8298 wrote:
At 7/30/23 03:39 PM, killerwat wrote: I've just recently decided to start using this site regularly, but I'm unsure about the rules surrounding audio uploads. I have a lot of old songs that I don't plan to finish, some being less than 2 minutes long, and I wanted to show them off because, unfinished or not, I think they have interesting concepts. Since these aren't technically WIPs I'm not sure what the rules for posting them are. I just think they're neat or funny to look back on, and I wanted to show them off, but I also don't want to have them crowding spaces meant for finished music. What would be the best way to go about showing these off assuming it's not against the rules? Thank you!
It’s not against the rules, post whatever you want hear as long as it doesn’t infringe on any copyrights or if it’s just spam. You can read the rules if you want :/

I did read the rules, but I was still uncertain. Thank you for letting me know!