00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Maya2501 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Making a story title

342 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Making a story title 2023-07-23 21:09:41

One of my greatest weaknesses as an writer is coming up with titles for my stories. What I usually end up doing is taking a title or lyric from a song I like and twisting it around and making it fit into my stories general themes. Other times I just throw together some words that sound good, flow well together, or hit the ear just right and put them together regardless of how they fit into the story.

What are some of your tips for coming up with good story titles?

Response to Making a story title 2023-09-18 10:49:15

Idk, i'm still struggling with mine too-

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to Making a story title 2023-09-18 20:18:57

At 9/18/23 10:49 AM, BlueKnightSkeleton wrote: Idk, i'm still struggling with mine too-

One of the tried and true methods I’ve seen is to use what the story is about! Here are some examples from different forms of media!

Name/descriptor of a character or group of characters: “Winnie-The-Pooh”, “The Hobbit”, “X-Men”, “The Three Musketeers”

Important item: “The Sword in the Stone”, “The Tell-Tale Heart”

Plot event: “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”, “The Hunger Games”

Combine two or more of the above, or two characters, with “and”: “Harry Potter and the [plot-important thing]”, “Beauty and the Beast”

Important quote from the actual dialogue… I can’t think of any examples, but I know I’ve been given this advice before.

Hope these help!

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Making a story title 2023-09-18 22:00:37

Oh, yeah, that is my idea i went thru and still going, it's just that i can't think in a good name for the place, first was Droiderworld, now is Techland, but idk man, they're not good and can't reallly ring well. It's hard man.

Hope these help!

Thank

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature