00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

domvip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Unpublishing/Deleting old songs

350 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Unpublishing/Deleting old songs 2023-07-20 00:23:23

I've been thinking

I have so many songs that I don't like,

But is it really worth it to delete/unpublish all of them to have a cleaner page?

Is it possible by chance to "private" them? As in still have them on the site but not available to the public?

Or is my best option simply to just get rid of the songs that I don't like entirely?

I know you guys have much more experience with this so I hope you guys can help 🙂

Charl

Response to Unpublishing/Deleting old songs 2023-07-20 01:31:55

At 7/20/23 01:10 AM, Leavesz wrote: When you unpublish a track you still have access to it under your projects page, it just won't show up in your user page or the audio portal. This is basically making it 'unlisted', you can share the preview page link to other people and they'll be able to listen to it depending on what preview access setting you pick.

Oh, thank you so much

I don't know how I never realized that lol

I really appreciate the help

Charl

Response to Unpublishing/Deleting old songs 2023-07-24 07:01:00

At 7/20/23 12:23 AM, Charlmot wrote: I've been thinking

But is it really worth it to delete/unpublish all of them to have a cleaner page?
Is it possible by chance to "private" them? As in still have them on the site but not available to the public?

Or is my best option simply to just get rid of the songs that I don't like entirely?

I know you guys have much more experience with this so I hope you guys can help 🙂

You can always download them and store them in some archive somewhere before taking them down. At least that way you have a copy.

On my website I have a page where you can download my old eJay projects, some of which weren't publicly available for one reason or another. I keep that as an archive available because I think it's important to remember and understand our roots when it comes to creating any form of art.

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

Response to Unpublishing/Deleting old songs 2023-07-24 13:31:29

At 7/24/23 07:01 AM, TheJayJay wrote:
At 7/20/23 12:23 AM, Charlmot wrote: I've been thinking

You can always download them and store them in some archive somewhere before taking them down. At least that way you have a copy.

On my website I have a page where you can download my old eJay projects, some of which weren't publicly available for one reason or another. I keep that as an archive available because I think it's important to remember and understand our roots when it comes to creating any form of art.

That's true! I might do that eventually, thanks for letting me know

Charl