00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

domvip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vintage Sounds Collab!

377 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Vintage Sounds Collab! 2023-07-17 01:11:41

I'm organizing a music collab titled Vintage Sounds Collab. Which started on the NGAP Collab Centre Discord server.

Overview:

Musicians create an old sounding/vintage piece by experimenting with 60 Hz hum, the crackling sound of an old vinyl record, amp noise, and filters that emulate the sound of a gramophone as an example.

Just to be clear this isn't a Lo-fi collab so no Lo-fi hip-hop tracks for this collab, we still want the songs to be of high production quality, but reflect the sound of a bygone era.

Rules:

-       Files must be submitted in WAV 16-bit format

-       Songs should be between 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes and 30 seconds in length

-       Your song should utilize at least 2 or more filters that make the track sound vintage, e.g. 60 HZ hum, sounds like vinyl filter, amp noise, warm saturation, crackle, static, Grungelizer, etc.

-       Your file name should contain your Newgrounds Username, song name, and those who you collaborated with.

-       Avoid using too much compression and making your track overly loud, since this is a vintage sounds collab, we want to create music that predates the loudness wars in sound. 

Submissions can be sent to me in a PM via NG file dump, drop box, or any other file storage app that you prefer (as long as I can access it).

For the deadline I am thinking August 18th which should give participants enough time to create and mix their tracks.

Have Fun!

BBS Signature

Response to Vintage Sounds Collab! 2023-08-19 20:45:17 (edited 2023-08-19 20:45:27)

The Collab is finished!

BBS Signature