00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your Opinion On Cubase?

337 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your Opinion On Cubase? 2023-07-06 21:24:58

I am looking for a DAW, and I tried the Cubase trial. I am taking a liking to Cubase. I am aware that there are different variants (Artist, Elements, etc), but what do y'all think about Cubase? I am asking because I feel like there are aspects I need to know before using it fully.

Response to Your Opinion On Cubase? 2023-07-08 04:00:42 (edited 2023-07-08 04:02:05)

At 7/6/23 09:24 PM, ChanChanP wrote: I am looking for a DAW, and I tried the Cubase trial. I am taking a liking to Cubase. I am aware that there are different variants (Artist, Elements, etc), but what do y'all think about Cubase? I am asking because I feel like there are aspects I need to know before using it fully.

I have Cubase pro, and it's awesome. Tbh, the disable track feature, alone, is something which makes it worth it when your projects get large. The folders, organisation, search, tempo and signature integration, professionalism, hardware aupport is all excellent.

The main issues? For what I still recognise as significant, the cost to upgrade, all the time and no VST2 support any longer, and the need to sometimes create expression maps for certain complex instruments.

I wish I learned Cubase because my ability in FL Studio is so superior which causes me to use it as my primary DAW.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Opinion On Cubase? 2023-07-08 09:09:34 (edited 2023-07-08 09:12:52)

At 7/6/23 09:24 PM, ChanChanP wrote: I am looking for a DAW, and I tried the Cubase trial. I am taking a liking to Cubase. I am aware that there are different variants (Artist, Elements, etc), but what do y'all think about Cubase? I am asking because I feel like there are aspects I need to know before using it fully.

Get Cubase Pro. The engineer/owner at M23:Studio uses it and swears by it. The feature I think really makes it stand out is the automatic vocal track alignment tool. It's like magic.

This DAW's biggest downside IMO is that Cubase requires a physical usb dongle to work.

EDIT:

Oh. Version 12 and up doesn't need that USB key from what I've just managed to read.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Opinion On Cubase? 2023-07-08 10:54:17

At 7/8/23 09:09 AM, CzySzy wrote:
Get Cubase Pro. The engineer/owner at M23:Studio uses it and swears by it. The feature I think really makes it stand out is the automatic vocal track alignment tool. It's like magic.

This DAW's biggest downside IMO is that Cubase requires a physical usb dongle to work.

EDIT:
Oh. Version 12 and up doesn't need that USB key from what I've just managed to read.

I do not think that I can use Cubase Pro because of its price. If I save up, I can use Elements. But then, music making is not a necessity at times. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Response to Your Opinion On Cubase? 2023-07-08 20:06:18

At 7/8/23 10:54 AM, ChanChanP wrote:
At 7/8/23 09:09 AM, CzySzy wrote:

EDIT:
I do not think that I can use Cubase Pro because of its price. If I save up, I can use Elements. But then, music making is not a necessity at times. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Don't even bother with Elements. It has a lot of limitations like a very low max number of tracks et al., it's not worth it. In terms of inexpensive DAWs, Reaper is king.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Opinion On Cubase? 2023-07-09 02:09:24

It may be a pain in the ass to load, but hey. It works!

iu_1018240_8157415.webp

Response to Your Opinion On Cubase? 2023-07-13 00:52:01

Again, depends on the genre, but generally you can use any DAW however you want. Unless you want to go on a professional route, any DAW is fine. I personally use FL Studio (in an unconventional way) and currently transitioning to Cubase Pro atm. It's quite a steep learning curve. Just a thought!

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

Visit My Official Portfolio!

BBS Signature

Response to Your Opinion On Cubase? 2023-07-13 01:59:05

it's based

BBS Signature