00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted SwitchClock supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[PAID] Looking for Anvil Studio Musician for RPG Maker Game

250 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I am currently working on a small 1-level game that I plan on uploading here on Newgrounds and perhaps itch.io. It may become a bigger project if I am sure someone would pay money for a longer, more complete game, but for now it’s just a one-off personal project of mine to take a break from my main squeeze of 3D animation.

An odd quirk of these older RPGM engines is that, while it can handle MP3 and WAV files, the looping music MUST be in the MIDI format to avoid problems, and from what I understand the only software still in circulation good for making and exporting MIDI loops for R2K3 is Anvil Studio.

WHAT DO I WANT FROM A COLLABORATOR?

I want a musician who either happens to know the ancient Anvil Studio well or who can quickly learn it. I want you to replace all the placeholder music currently in my game with more original and bombastic JRPG-style tunes, ideally in the vein of Yasunori Mitsuda’s work in Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. I could just do it myself, but besides taking much longer for me to finish the game doing everything myself, I am not musically inclined and the stuff I make will certainly be inferior to what someone who properly studies music theory can make. I am even willing to pay, since I recently got paid from a temporary job last week. Name your price and I’ll see if I can afford it, but know I am willing to pay for better music than I could do myself and I will even give you a financial bonus if the music manages to evoke similar emotions out of me as Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. Of course, I will give proper credit to you on Newgrounds and itch.io, plus the game’s credits.

If I pick you as my musician, let’s keep things simple and keep communications on the Newgrounds private messaging thing and send files through NG’s File dump feature. I will send you the money when done via PayPal. Let me know if you have any questions and what files you need from me. I’m pretty new at paid commissions for bigger projects, so also be patient with me if I accidentally make things difficult in any way and be sure to clearly communicate your needs with me.