00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Enoughforcast just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Make bullet shot sound powerful?

446 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Make bullet shot sound powerful? 2023-05-24 17:49:54

What am I missing?

Am I not using enough Treble? Am I not using enough Bass? Does it just need to be louder volume wise?

Is the reverb a key part of it?

Response to Make bullet shot sound powerful? 2023-05-25 11:19:28

We need the sound itself to solve that problem.

BBS Signature

Response to Make bullet shot sound powerful? 2023-05-25 11:27:08

At 5/25/23 11:19 AM, NikoN1nja wrote: We need the sound itself to solve that problem.

Right

Response to Make bullet shot sound powerful? 2023-05-25 11:27:33

Without an example it's a little hard to know exactly. Many sound designers will layer bullet and gunfire sounds with other impactful sounds to achieve a more powerful result.

As for bass and treble, more bass will make it sound heavier and fuller, whereas treble will add more clarity and air. Don't overdo it though; it's easy to get carried away with EQ.

Reverb will help blend the sound to the environment. Again, don't overdo it.

Hope it helps.

BBS Signature

Response to Make bullet shot sound powerful? 2023-05-25 11:28:33

At 5/25/23 11:19 AM, NikoN1nja wrote: We need the sound itself to solve that problem.

I'll let you know when I put up the sound file sample up on youtube.

Response to Make bullet shot sound powerful? 2023-05-25 11:29:41

At 5/25/23 11:27 AM, AceMantra wrote: Without an example it's a little hard to know exactly. Many sound designers will layer bullet and gunfire sounds with other impactful sounds to achieve a more powerful result.

As for bass and treble, more bass will make it sound heavier and fuller, whereas treble will add more clarity and air. Don't overdo it though; it's easy to get carried away with EQ.

Reverb will help blend the sound to the environment. Again, don't overdo it.

Hope it helps.

This does help; youtube's search engine was being a pain in the ass on this info; let alone google.

Response to Make bullet shot sound powerful? 2023-06-01 14:23:33

There's a fantastic sampler called Weaponiser by Krotos Audio.

It's a little on the pricey side, but it's hugely versatile and the gun foley stuff is incredible.

Trailer here!

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

Response to Make bullet shot sound powerful? 2023-06-30 20:14:10

distort it

Response to Make bullet shot sound powerful? 2023-07-01 04:49:51

If the sound is weak to start with, turning up the bass and treble or making it louder is kinda just polishing a turd, to a degree.

I'm gonna say you should definitely experiment with layering. Try it with other gunshot sounds underneath, or even just some other generic foley/impacts that have the power you're looking for.

genreless and multi-monikered multi-instrumentalist, producer, and musician, mainly releasing as Jaew and Elm Maxell.

website / bandcamp