00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kinoki just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need criticism on my webcomic

284 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-05-13 21:01:32

i will be posting here some art/sketches and updates to my webcomic. i welcome constructive criticism about writing and comics cause im not that skilled in it

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-05-13 21:22:31

iu_970741_10876731.webp

This would be the MC. His name is Bin. I want to make this webcomic a bit strange so MC just wears socks, short pants and oversize t-shirt. I haven't finished his character yet, I plan to make him serious ,grumpy and easy to anger. Also he don't understand jokes and it's easy to anger him if you say some silly joke about him. But he feels too unlikable, I think that he needs a reason to be that grumpy and give him something that he likes. I was thinking to make him introverted and give him a hobby, so because when people talk to him he becomes angry and wanting them to go away. Maybe he needs to be more neutral

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-05-13 21:23:55

Oh, I rarely draw characters from this webcomic so soon I will post some sketches with them

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-05-14 11:18:54

In cartoons there are some character that are "unlikeable" but are mc like: bevis and butthead, eric cartman. But i think its hard to give you criticism cuz we dont know anything about actuall story.

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-05-14 13:11:00

At 5/13/23 09:22 PM, PinkYandere wrote:
This would be the MC. His name is Bin. I want to make this webcomic a bit strange so MC just wears socks, short pants and oversize t-shirt. I haven't finished his character yet, I plan to make him serious ,grumpy and easy to anger. Also he don't understand jokes and it's easy to anger him if you say some silly joke about him. But he feels too unlikable, I think that he needs a reason to be that grumpy and give him something that he likes. I was thinking to make him introverted and give him a hobby, so because when people talk to him he becomes angry and wanting them to go away. Maybe he needs to be more neutral

The MC might not be the most important part.

To make a comic, you need a story. The part of the story that probably is the most important is the ending. If you know your ending you can set the story up to lead up to it in an interesting way. Make your first story very short.

See my profile page for link to showroom

BBS Signature

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-05-14 13:47:05

This would be the MC.

My writer friends - as in professional writers - have told me their stories always start with ... an end. And a webcomic (or any comic) should start with a story before it has any characters or design ideas. Your characters, your world designs and style has to fit the story you have built. And a good story starts form the end, not the beginning. You write a better journey, when you know, what is the destination.

I have recently started to work on a humble fan-comic and out of the 1st weeks I had worked on it - I have spent 1st 3 weeks on story alone before I doodled a single sketch. Despite story being a really-really short one (only 61 key-points) , it took 3 weeks BEFORE dialogues. And now as I have moved to stage two and while still work on dialogues, I have started to work on environments and still have not really put emphasis on characters as I believe characters are really the easiest part of a comic.

Another thing to look out for on your workflow is that if you plan to draw a lot of drawings - designs have to be simple/easy enough for you to draw several times over.

Talking about characters and writing story. It is quite possible, when you write your story, you see that some character dynamics do not work as well as you planned or you do not know where those characters lead to, and you save a lot of time not to spend time on this before you know what you need a character in your story for. Additionally a MC is nothing without their support and 'driver' (character that causes them to grow and develop during story) . You can design an ensemble only when you know what your story really is.

Hope it helped a bit. :)

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-05-15 21:40:44

Looks cool to me.

you could post some thumbnail sketches of some panels or any other info that could help us give some criticism.

right now we don’t really know anything about the story.

But it looks cool.

Hope you finish it! 👍

TURKEYMAN

BBS Signature

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-06-04 21:58:26

some of the older pics of Penny and Wendy Alps. the second one was drawn in 45 minutes

iu_988150_10876731.webpiu_988151_10876731.webp

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-06-04 21:59:21

At 6/4/23 09:58 PM, PinkYandere wrote: some of the older pics of Penny and Wendy Alps. the second one was drawn in 45 minutes

ref photo of second drawing

iu_988153_10876731.jpg

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-06-04 22:04:19

and another old drawing, i even did small animation with music https://youtube.com/shorts/wsslpfH4O4E?feature=share

iu_988159_10876731.webp

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-06-10 21:57:16

iu_992844_10876731.webp

Response to Need criticism on my webcomic 2023-06-11 22:48:02

It's looking really nice and a good mix of styles

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature