00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted XMenheraAngelMyuX supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

question about being scouted

251 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

question about being scouted 2023-04-29 12:55:47

ok, so i got scouted 2 days ago. and it says that my work will be seen in the "approved artists" section on the recent tab.

and a recent shitpost drawing was in the "undiscoverd artist" section. i also saw a arting im considering scouting but there isnt a button where i can scout them.

so can anyone explain to me how this works. im not saying that my work shoud be there (bc it shoudnt tbh) but im confused

iu_959349_14510086.webp

here is proof that i was indeed scouted. you can see my pfp with me message that i can scout others and my stuff being seen on the approved artist tab being circled

iu_959350_14510086.webp

all i want to know is how the system works. i dont care that im not in the approved arist tab. im just confused

Response to question about being scouted 2023-04-29 13:26:26

I can confirm that you are scouted. You can scout other users if they have 4 pieces submitted to the portal and are not scouted yet. Maybe the users you looked at didn’t match the criteria. You are scouted though. Be careful what you upload, because scouted status can be lost as well. Hope you're having a great time either way.

BBS Signature

Response to question about being scouted 2023-04-29 14:39:58

At 4/29/23 01:26 PM, Luwano wrote: I can confirm that you are scouted. You can scout other users if they have 4 pieces submitted to the portal and are not scouted yet. Maybe the users you looked at didn’t match the criteria. You are scouted though. Be careful what you upload, because scouted status can be lost as well. Hope you're having a great time either way.

the person in question that im intresed to scout has more than 4 artpeaces submitted. but i cant find where i can scout them. is there a video guide how to scout peaople?

Response to question about being scouted 2023-04-29 15:25:18

At 4/29/23 02:39 PM, Nebulate wrote:
the person in question that im intresed to scout has more than 4 artpeaces submitted. but i cant find where i can scout them. is there a video guide how to scout peaople?

Usually you just visit any. of their submissions and there's a link.

iu_959456_1031048.png

BBS Signature

Response to question about being scouted 2023-04-29 15:26:13

Hello,

Sorry to say that you were descouted by the mod team. I don’t know the reason but looking at your art, it was probably determined that you do not currently meet the quality threshold. The good news is that you can change that by working hard at improving and creating more art, so don’t be discouraged.

going to tag @luwano here too. The Scouting system is going through a few changes internally right now that unfortunately has led to vagueness on who is and isn’t scouted after someone is descouted. I don’t know for sure if that’s going to be fixed or if that’s the intention, but I have stated that I am more in favor of clarity on it.

At 4/29/23 03:26 PM, SourCherryJack wrote: Hello,
Sorry to say that you were descouted by the mod team. I don’t know the reason but looking at your art, it was probably determined that you do not currently meet the quality threshold. The good news is that you can change that by working hard at improving and creating more art, so don’t be discouraged.
going to tag @luwano here too. The Scouting system is going through a few changes internally right now that unfortunately has led to vagueness on who is and isn’t scouted after someone is descouted. I don’t know for sure if that’s going to be fixed or if that’s the intention, but I have stated that I am more in favor of clarity on it.

oh its ok. its nice to know why i got descouted. im not devestated. just confused. i have no idea hwy i got scouted to begin with. i didn't reely see my stuff being scouted to begin with. but at least its a motivator for me to improove

but i'd woud be happy if a mod coud send a private message saing "you have been descouted bc of qualaty controll" or somthing along the line as a heads up

Response to question about being scouted 2023-04-29 16:09:26

i've made a news post to let others know

i got descouted - by Nebulate (newgrounds.com)