00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hellpix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

songs youd make edgy animations to?

784 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

for me its gotta be slowed reverb BrooklynBloodPop instrumental.

you guys?

nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanya-

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-15 10:20:09

Zero, I'm too lazy to make them

BBS Signature

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-15 10:34:29

• literally any song by machine girl (but mostly “out by 16, dead on the scene”, “ghost”, “…because i’m young, arrogant and hate everything you stand for”, “uzumaki”, “mg1”, “post rave maximalist”, etc)
  • mercy - sir chloe (also animal - sir chloe)
  • pretty cvnt - sewerslvt (especially the daycore version)
  • wolves - old gray
  • couture - epsyle
  • s/c/a/r/e/c/r/o/w - my chemical romance
  • heartbeat in the brain - the world is a beautiful place and i am no longer afraid to die
  • personal - stars
  • literally any song by la dispute (but mostly “such small hands”, “footsteps in the pond”, “view from our bedroom window”, “anxiety panorama”, “rose quartz - fulton street I”, “first reactions after falling through the ice”, “Sunday morning, at a funeral”, + a whole bunch more)
  • literally any song by jack stauber (but mostly “leopard”, “oh klahoma”, “inchman”, “today today”, “cupid”, “doctor”, “able”, and like 100 billion more lol i love jack stauber)
  • honey i’m home - ghost, the chattering lack of common sense - ghost

tl;dr: A Lot

art thread!! :D

art nerd who has nothing to talk about, other than art or extremely specific fandom stuff

BBS Signature

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-15 13:44:44

At 4/14/23 01:55 PM, chilicheesefritocat wrote: for me its gotta be slowed reverb BrooklynBloodPop instrumental.
you guys?

ngl i want to make a cool pico animation of this song named Machine Gun by Yungblud because damn I can imagine a cool animation of Pico having a shootout with Cassandra and her lackeys as this blasts

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-15 14:19:27

anything from sewerslvt's last album works, but if i had to choose one it would be either sick, twisted, demented or goodbye

ong just like that

If I had energy, I would make this song into something cool. (More specifically, 3:30 time stamp)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Len0qLhmhL0&pp=ygUObGV0dGluZyB5b3UgZ28%3D

BBS Signature

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-20 17:56:02

probs a soul can't be cut

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-20 18:56:06

When I was younger I was in the process of making an edgy animatic to Algiers - The Afghan Whigs

It's not a song many people have heard of, but even now I still really like it.

Though what deterred me was being copyright struck and having to fill in the sound with some 'audio jungle' alternative when their record label eventually strikes it.

If any NG musician wants to write a song like this though (eye emoji)

BBS Signature

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-20 20:13:34

Dotexe's remix of monster. But in the end im not an animator lolz

Musician with a computer older than Julius Caesar and humor drier than desert sand on a sunny day.

BBS Signature

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-20 22:50:31

Deftones error

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-21 04:04:53

I have some ideas in mind

Something by Tiny Tim. The happy high-pitched voice with the ukelele (however you spell that mini-guitar) will make any disturbing imagery 10x more f*cked up by contrast.

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-21 08:08:12

Obsidian Lust by @NemesisTheory

Show no Tears by @NemesisTheory

Chaoz Devotion by @ParagonX9

Brks Olskool Trance by @Teck071

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-21 09:25:08

At 4/14/23 01:55 PM, chilicheesefritocat wrote: for me its gotta be slowed reverb BrooklynBloodPop instrumental.
you guys?

Barbie Girl from aqua. When the song is happy drawing is edgy. When the song is edgy the drawing is happy

Nothing to read there but click in my image you will see my shitpost comic! (Its just st8 up shitty)

no escape NO ESCAPE EPACSE ON No EsCaPe

BBS Signature

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-25 18:51:46

you guys?

i cannot animate so none. however when i did try learning flash as a teenager i had dreams of making an animation to go along with the song The View From The Afternoon. i don't know if it was supposed to be edgy though.

i also remember wanting to animate something to go along with Chateau from The Matrix Reloaded. given that it's a song from the greatest fight scene in film history i probably would've made the animation edgy.

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-26 13:23:15

At 4/20/23 08:13 PM, Tapestoppa wrote: Dotexe's remix of monster. But in the end im not an animator lolz

YES I LOVE THAT ONE-

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-04-27 18:15:56

if i only knew how to use flash,, id go ham lol

ive got soo many animation ideas

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-05-10 18:01:58

Anything Sewerslvt ofc ofc, especially a lot of her more ambient works like With You Forever and Nice Ways To Die just convey such a certain kind of hopelessness to me that hits sooo nicely for some existential type stuffs

some songs by loli in early 20s and burial would be cool too

I should note that I have no clue how to animate but I think it would be sick nasty to learn one day

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-06-30 12:44:44

At 4/21/23 09:25 AM, callmeNattHS wrote:
you guys?
Barbie Girl from aqua. When the song is happy drawing is edgy. When the song is edgy the drawing is happy

holy shit

months later and this has held up as a fact-

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-06-30 12:44:56

you guys?

months later I can confirm this is a fact

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-06-30 12:45:44

At 4/21/23 07:35 AM, Guidodinho wrote: Something by Tiny Tim. The happy high-pitched voice with the ukelele (however you spell that mini-guitar) will make any disturbing imagery 10x more f*cked up by contrast.

who the fuck is Tiny Tim

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-07-04 19:59:09

At 6/30/23 12:44 PM, chilicheesefritocat wrote:
you guys?
holy shit
months later and this has held up as a fact-

it sure does!

Nothing to read there but click in my image you will see my shitpost comic! (Its just st8 up shitty)

BBS Signature

Response to songs youd make edgy animations to? 2023-07-04 19:59:31

At 6/30/23 12:44 PM, chilicheesefritocat wrote:
you guys?
months later I can confirm this is a fact

oh yeah!

BBS Signature