00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ada242 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Goodbye Sonic

389 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Goodbye Sonic 2023-04-10 21:01:00

This is my first creepypasta, and yes, the poor quality and cliches are intentional. It's supposed to be a return to the early 2010s style of quickly written and poorly thought through story to be haphazardly slapped onto a message board. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments below

The story begins below

Hey, I'm a major sonic fan. I've played every game at least once, and watched every episode of every cartoon. One day, I was looking to sit down and relive my childhood and watch an episode of Sonic X. That day I can never forget. It was a crisp summer night. 2:30 AM, and I got a call from my friend. He said he wanted to talk sonic, which I am always down to do. Eventually, we ended up talking about our favorite Sonic cartoon. Out of every sonic cartoon, Sonic X was always my favorite. I asked if there was any cool news about it, and he mentions a lost drama heavy episode about Amy and Sonic breaking up, and sonic having to deal with that pain. I asked him if he could send me a copy of the episode, and he suddenly got upset. "You. Don't. Want. To. See." He seemed stressed out and left the call. I sighed. "Guess I gotta do it myself" I regrettably said. I was a minor guy in the sonic community, I contributed to a lot of searches for lost sonic media, and my methods are pretty good. After about half an hour of digging on some pretty sketchy places, I found it. Weirdly enough it was called. "Goodbye Sonic" I figured sonic just left the group at some point in the episode to deal with his emotions alone. One other thing about me is that I'm a bit of a tech wizard. I can easily take any video and burn it to a VHS tape really quickly. Since I grew up watching Sonic X, I burned the episode to VHS and popped it into my VCR. I was a little confused when the episode started. The intro almost played as normal, but every time they would have said "fast" or "faster" it cut out, and immediately cut back in when they would have moved to the next word. And any time Amy would have showed up, it would cut out again. I just assumed the file got corrupted when I was putting it on tape, and kept watching. The episode started with Chris, Sonic, Amy, and Tails were standing together in a room, but the room was pretty much a blank box, aside from a door and a window. Then, Chris started talking "Sonic, we all know what you did, so just tell Amy and we can move on" he said, with a harsh tone and angered look. Sonic looked worried, and then started sweating. "Tell her now, or we'll tell her for you" Tails said, almost like he was scolding Sonic. I was confused, what was everyone mad at sonic for? Why is the room so empty. Finally, sonic said "Amy..." Amy looked worried, and almost like she was about to cry. "Amy, I cheated on you." Amy started crying, "WHY SONIC!?" she screamed "I NEED A BREAK FROM YOUR OBSESSION WITH ME!" Sonic yelled back, like he was trying to make himself look innocent. Amy tried to run at Sonic, sonic then smacked her across the face and knocked her to the ground. I couldn't believe what I saw. Amy had three swipes across her face, right below her left eye. They were slash marks. They were bleeding. "Oh...oh Gosh" tails said, it seems I wasn't the only one who couldn't understand what was going on. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE SONIC!?" Chris screamed at him. "I...I gotta go." Sonic said with an extremely upset voice. It then cut to him running in an open field. He stares at the red stains on his glove. And slowly stops running. "Amy...." "I'm so sorry..." The episode cuts again to sonic standing at Amy's door, with a bouquet of flowers. Amy opens the door and looks shocked. "Why did you come back?" She said, with a whimper in her voice. "I'm so sorry Amy" Sonic said. The episode cut to black. It stayed black for four minutes. I'm not sure if I was going crazy, but I thought I heard the sound of bells. Three quiet chimes, and then the episode cut to sonic in a restaurant. He was surrounded by empty bottles. "What have I done" he said. "It never had to be this way" he then got up and started running, it looped on him running for three minutes, and then it played the skidding sound when you turn around when running in the classic sonic games. Sonic had a shocked expression against a night sky background and then the screen cut to black. I heard a scream, and then the old rings lost sound effect. Then those three chimes again those cursed bells. Then it hit me. Those were the bells that toll. The sound of death. First sonic killed Amy, it must have been a domestic violence issue that ended in him accidentally killing her. Then he ran off a cliff and died. My fears were confirmed when the footage came back. It was a shot of a bloodied and mangled hedgehog corpse. A real one. A real, high quality photograph of an actual hedgehog corpse, edited to be blue in color. It played the American Sonic CD game over sound effect with Tails screaming violently at the top of his lungs. It immediately cut to credit right after. Those credits were the only normal thing about that whole experience. I was frozen to my seat. "Why would Sonic not only attack, but kill Amy?" "Why would he commit suicide?" These were the only thoughts I had in my head. I looked at the clock, 4:45 AM. Because I didn't have work that day, I went right to sleep, or well, I tried. I kept having nightmares of that horrifying image of the dead hedgehog. I couldn't get that image out of my head, so I went to take a drive around town to clear my head. As I kept going, I pressed harder and harder on the gas pedal. "gotta go fast" "gotta go fast" "gotta go faster, faster, faster faster faster" I kept repeating to myself.

Obituaries

-Thomas J. Clark

-June 15, 1985 - July 20, 2023

-Time of death: 6:55 AM.

-Cause of death: High speed car collision

Funeral to be held on July 25, 2023