00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LickleLuki just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is the most violent game you've ever played?

2,502 Views | 103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

For me, the answer is that Splatterhouse reboot from 2010. Blood all over the damn place, Namco logo screen? Blood, Title Screen? Blood, Pause Menu? Blood. This game makes Mortal Kombat look like Child's play. The metal soundtrack is awesome as it has music from bands such as Mastadon, Municipal Waste, Lamb of God, and The Haunted. The OST is pretty sweet too. The combat is brutal and empowering as you feel every punch and slice. The voice acting is pretty sweet too as the Terror Mask is voiced by the voice acting Legend Jim Cummings, imagine Winnie the Pooh cursing up a storm as well as making dirty jokes

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-20 13:10:12

I didn't expect this topic to be so weirdly thought provoking.

My mind keeps going back to Doom 2016/Doom Eternal since dismemberment is a core mechanic of those games.

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-20 13:14:01

Madworld maybe, I can't remember how horrible Manhunt was but in my head I remember it being pretty graphic, so that could be it as well.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-20 13:37:33

Probably Dead Space. I'd argue once you get into dismemberment territory, you're probably not gonna get much further in any game since they usually don't push it much further than that.

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-21 16:22:53

I don't really play much violent stuff cause I get a gag reflex from seeing body parts get injured/severed/etc.

One exception I've made to that is Left 4 Dead 2. Guess I got desensitized to all the blood and guts on the screen after playing it for 10+ years now. There's also Binding of Isaac but in that case the non-realistic artstyle makes it feel less violent (even though that game gets really gross).

My mind kept thinking this thread was "most gory game you've ever played" not most violent while i was writing this but those two kinda go hand in hand.

A socially awkward goof | Takes forever to reply to things | Posts drawings sometimes

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-21 16:44:42

The old Punisher game for the original Xbox.

They got away with a lot of brutal kills with the low res graphics.

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-21 18:39:04

At 3/20/23 12:49 PM, DemonTorch wrote: For me, the answer is that Splatterhouse reboot from 2010. Blood all over the damn place, Namco logo screen? Blood, Title Screen? Blood, Pause Menu? Blood. This game makes Mortal Kombat look like Child's play. The metal soundtrack is awesome as it has music from bands such as Mastadon, Municipal Waste, Lamb of God, and The Haunted. The OST is pretty sweet too. The combat is brutal and empowering as you feel every punch and slice. The voice acting is pretty sweet too as the Terror Mask is voiced by the voice acting Legend Jim Cummings, imagine Winnie the Pooh cursing up a storm as well as making dirty jokes

pico's school lol

Check out the Hell Alex Animated Trailer on Newgrounds!

Check out the Hell Alex Animated Trailer on Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-21 21:04:16

From what I've played so far, I would say Unreal Tourment 1. The graphics, the gameplay, and even the gore was unbelieveable at that time. You can take off some body parts. Even on that one map you turn someone's body into a bubble, by setting up a trap.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-21 21:10:41

Mortal Kombat 11 I think, since the further back you go the tamer stuff gets

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-21 21:24:31

Yep and it almost got an AO rating

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-21 21:31:36

God of War

Assassins Creed games

and Halo

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-21 22:01:22

Brutal Doom <-Over the top gore

Fear & Hunger <-Horror gore

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-21 23:17:31

What was that game where you could light the homeless on fire and piss on them? Probably that one.

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-21 23:24:06

At 3/20/23 12:49 PM, DemonTorch wrote: For me, the answer is that Splatterhouse reboot from 2010. Blood all over the damn place, Namco logo screen? Blood, Title Screen? Blood, Pause Menu? Blood. This game makes Mortal Kombat look like Child's play. The metal soundtrack is awesome as it has music from bands such as Mastadon, Municipal Waste, Lamb of God, and The Haunted. The OST is pretty sweet too. The combat is brutal and empowering as you feel every punch and slice. The voice acting is pretty sweet too as the Terror Mask is voiced by the voice acting Legend Jim Cummings, imagine Winnie the Pooh cursing up a storm as well as making dirty jokes

Terraria with the zenith on master mode difficulty with a battle potion and water candle

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 01:28:56

Probably DOOM 2016/Eternal; those chainsaw glory kills are pretty visceral.

But you know what, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Dwarf Fortress 2022, not just because battles will smear blood over everything, but because of how excruciating the aftermath of violence can be. Creatures bleed out, vomit from organ failure, get infections, become permanently disfigured from nerve damage, losing limbs, eyes and so on... it's not very glamorous but it is very detailed.

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 03:29:45

The Dead Island series and Bulletstorm are some pretty violent games to add to the conversation. Lots of blood, gore and dismemberment.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 04:01:37

Probably Bloodborne. Say what you will about Doom, ya aint doin shit like this:

iu_928171_9770022.gif

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Support me at PATREON, SUBSCRIBESTAR or donate at my KO-FI

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 04:04:41

Sniper Elite 3 I guess. Not big into violent games normaly but I love stealth games and this one was a blast.

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 04:32:51

For me its probably manhunt 2

Floating in space

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 06:35:42

N64 Hexen

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 10:42:09

Kirby

Nah i'm kidding, probably mortal kombat 9 when I used to play it on the 360 with my friends

and recently Ultrakill, awesome game, it mainly contains blood instead of full gore like organs and stuff, I love shooters and action games but I don't usually play gorier ones

Hai art thread

~-.¸¸,.-~*’ •·.·´¯`·.·• `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· •´`·..íì..·´`•

║▌Your hollow gaze has shifted past my eyes ▌║

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 10:43:59

At 3/22/23 04:32 AM, COOLZONE17500 wrote: For me its probably manhunt 2

Wasn't it the game that was prohibited in a lot of countries bc it resembles criminal filmmakers?

Hai art thread

~-.¸¸,.-~*’ •·.·´¯`·.·• `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· •´`·..íì..·´`•

║▌Your hollow gaze has shifted past my eyes ▌║

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 10:44:19

You must mean Postal 2

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 11:14:35

At 3/21/23 04:44 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote: The old Punisher game for the original Xbox.

They got away with a lot of brutal kills with the low res graphics.

Just took a look at some game play and pictures, you weren't kidding. Some brutal stuff.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 13:25:15

women's feelings

xoxo 💋 (ps: okay I guess you can watch TRW)

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 14:04:21

probably total carnage for me

I'm not sure, I'd say something like Doom or Call of Duty. Maybe there are indie games more violent than the AAA games on the market.

Ok boomer.

BBS Signature

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 15:32:20

By body count? Pandemic II. By blood? Madworld. By thematic violence? Manhunt.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 16:13:03

When thinking about it, F.E.A.R would definitely be on the list. One of the guns literally reduces any unfortunate enemy into a charred skeleton. Also the shotgun has the ability to reduce your enemy into fine red mist whenever shot at point blank.

There's also the whole paranormal aspect, with Alma and the player character tripping out and seeing entire halls just filled with blood. Also Alma's backstory.

OH MAN I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE SIGNATURES

Response to What is the most violent game you've ever played? 2023-03-22 17:11:46

Outside of the normal FPS violence, games that facilitate your most bas eimpules are games like Postal or Hatred. I love the Postal franchise.