00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

my cursor skin's pointer keeps clicking on bottom left instead of top left

205 Views | 7 Replies

ok as much as I hate to make this thread, I am afraid that I unfortunately need to ask for help, and I don't know which forum on ng to post this (and no I don't think it would fit on "Where is / How to / Help!" forum as this issue is not about newgrounds ;w;)
so I decided to go with general forum since I assume that maybe there's some tech-savvy people on general forum that could help with this issue.
so if you think I'm posting this on wrong forum, let me know :v

so recently I have been working on my cursor sprites of madness combat characters (cuz why not lol)

and I am currently dealing with this issue where that even though the pointer is supposed to click at the top left corner of the cursor, instead, it clicks on bottom left corner of the cursor,

for some odd reasons, it only happens to my cursor (madness) skins that I made by myself (so perhaps maybe there's an mistake that I made or maybe I'm just not that smart? lol),

that never happens to default windows cursor skins and other cursor skins that I downloaded off the internet,

I have been searching around the internet for some troubleshoot and I couldn't find it,

all I found was "help my cursors keeps teleporting to the bottom left of the computer" (which is not the kind of issue of what I'm having right now -_-),

It's pretty frustrating, so I will really appreciate it if you can help.

here's some recorded .gif to help you understand the issue:

iu_924112_11185278.gif iu_924114_11185278.gifiu_924113_11185278.gif

^ you see that? the pointer is supposed to be on top left, but instead it's on bottom left for some odd reason :/

iu_924115_11185278.gif < if you look really closely, you can see that the second that I change my default cursor to my madness cursor, my madness cursor is placed way higher than usual and that's probably why this is happening.

(I severely apologize if I explained it very poorly ;_;)

iu_924116_11185278.png

and yes, the pointer is indeed supposed to be placed on top left corner, if that helps, I usually convert my .png to .cur and the size is 32x32,

I have absolutely no idea how that managed to happen, if anyone knows how to fix this issue, please let me know, thank you. ;w;

I may not be the brightest in the box full of light-bulbs, but that doesn't mean I can't light the way in this dark world.

(you can call me wilson or mawi if you want, I'm also the one who made skibidi club.)

TOYHOUSEYOUTUBETUMBLRREDDIT

BBS Signature

At 3/17/23 03:25 PM, Konqe wrote: I *think* what is going on, is that even though you changed the icon shape, the properties as in the area where the mouse click is registered against a button, link, or icon never changed.
I severely apologize if I misunderstood your comment, ;w;

hmmm, I decided to try changing some things in mouse's properties (like enabling "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box" and stuff like that I guess, maybe I missed something?) and I even tried refreshing the computer,

but unfortunately it seems like that the issue didn't get solved/fixed, so I still have to figure out what's the problem. <_<

thanks for trying tho :>

I may not be the brightest in the box full of light-bulbs, but that doesn't mean I can't light the way in this dark world.

(you can call me wilson or mawi if you want, I'm also the one who made skibidi club.)

BBS Signature

Maybe try asking the programming forum?

I imagine someone there might have an idea.

At 3/18/23 12:15 AM, Griffonmender wrote: Maybe try asking the programming forum?
I imagine someone there might have an idea.

hmmm, sounds like fine idea, I might try asking programming forum soon, although I won't be surprised if nobody replies lol

although I just realized that I have reddit account, so maybe I can also ask for help out there on reddit? idk which subreddit should i go to tho

(wait, does that break the rule if I make a thread on different forum about the same exact topic? ;_;)

BBS Signature

What software are you using to create the .cur file? It should have an option to set the point on the image that you want to be the focus point. If it doesn't, maybe try using a different software.

BBS Signature

At 3/18/23 12:20 PM, tydaze wrote: What software are you using to create the .cur file? It should have an option to set the point on the image that you want to be the focus point. If it doesn't, maybe try using a different software.

I actually was just using some random website (this one) to convert .png to .cur, but now that you mentioned it, maybe I should've have been using software instead of websites, I think you might actually have a good point. :o

I might try checking out some software that can convert things to .cur files, is there anything that you might recommend? ^^;

edit: imma try using AniFX :3
another edit: omg AniFX is awesome

BBS Signature

At 3/18/23 12:25 PM, Wilson wrote:
At 3/18/23 12:20 PM, tydaze wrote: What software are you using to create the .cur file? It should have an option to set the point on the image that you want to be the focus point. If it doesn't, maybe try using a different software.
I actually was just using some random website (this one) to convert .png to .cur, but now that you mentioned it, maybe I should've have been using software instead of websites, I think you might actually have a good point. :o

I might try checking out some software that can convert things to .cur files, is there anything that you might recommend? ^^;

Oh I don't know, it's been ages since I have made a custom mouse pointer. But good luck, I hope what you're trying works out!

BBS Signature

ok I have finally found the solution to this issue!

apparently, I should've have been using an actual software instead of random website on internet,

so uh yeah ;w;

now I'm using AniFX and it seems to be working pretty well! ^^

literally, @tydaze thank you so much I don't even know how to thank you enough :DD

moral of the story: use an actual software not websites on internet lol

can any moderator (like @olskoo @malachy, anyone?) lock this thread (and lock this one on programming forum as well?)

BBS Signature