00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

🔬⚗️🔭Nonsense science questions for ChiralAnomaly

509 Views | 25 Replies

Ok so @sobolev aka ChiralAnomaly, what if we bonded helium with steel to make really light metal?

We have tons in our atmosphere we can just scoop and bond to the Fe Iron.

Can we synthesize Fe and He together to form a very light but sturdy object?

hello

For my next question, how many newtons of force are required to slingshot somebody over 100 feet? And what sort of materials can we use to create that much bound-up potential energy?

hello

At 3/15/23 11:16 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Ok so @sobolev aka ChiralAnomaly, what if we bonded helium with steel to make really light metal?

You just described rowboat k2 cooking

BBS Signature

iu_922790_7843618.jpg

hello

At 3/15/23 11:22 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: For my next question, how many newtons of force are required to slingshot somebody over 100 feet? And what sort of materials can we use to create that much bound-up potential energy?

here's my attempt

100 feet = 30.5 metres

use the optimal launch angle of 45 degrees since we want as much distance with the least force

assume landing position is at same altitude as launch position

ignore air resistance

use projectile motion formula

30.5 = (v^2 * sin(90))/9.8

v=17.3

a velocity of 17.3 m/s is required

Faverage = mass * (deltav/deltat)

assume mass is 80kg

Faverage = 80*(17.3/t)

F = 1384/t Newtons, where t is the amount of time the person is being accellerated by the slingshot

Hopefully my highschool level physics knowledge didn't fuck anything up

tries too hard to be edgy and is blocked by many because he acts rude towards others to feel better about himself.

BBS Signature

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck was impaired from use of alcohol

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

At 3/15/23 11:50 PM, MetalSlayer69 wrote:
At 3/15/23 11:22 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: For my next question, how many newtons of force are required to slingshot somebody over 100 feet? And what sort of materials can we use to create that much bound-up potential energy?
here's my attempt

100 feet = 30.5 metres

use the optimal launch angle of 45 degrees since we want as much distance with the least force

assume landing position is at same altitude as launch position

ignore air resistance

use projectile motion formula

30.5 = (v^2 * sin(90))/9.8

v=17.3

a velocity of 17.3 m/s is required

Faverage = mass * (deltav/deltat)

assume mass is 80kg

Faverage = 80*(17.3/t)

F = 1384/t Newtons, where t is the amount of time the person is being accellerated by the slingshot

Hopefully my highschool level physics knowledge didn't fuck anything up

Great! Now get into the giant slingshot so we can test it

hello

Your question clearly depends on the angle of launch and the length of the cannon along which acceleration takes place. None of these are given.

I am not going to work it out. I will just leave the rest of the details to you.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

At 3/15/23 11:16 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Ok so @sobolev aka ChiralAnomaly, what if we bonded helium with steel to make really light metal?

No. Unless the helium is ionised, which cannot happen under normal conditions.

Latest TCs

Biology might not be your wheel house, but will we ever get talking animals?

hello

At 3/16/23 01:34 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Biology might not be your wheel house, but will we ever get talking animals?

most (if not all) animals are physically incapable of making the noises humans can

but we did teach a gorilla sign language

tries too hard to be edgy and is blocked by many because he acts rude towards others to feel better about himself.

BBS Signature

@sobolev how do you feel about breaking bad? Is it too much of a “how to” guide on abusing the law using science, or is it a great cautionary tale about how crime doesn’t pay?

Also can you make meth

hello

how can I seperate and atom with my bare hands to make infinite water?

What if your mom fell from the 1WTC (1776 ft/541.3 m)? Will she cause an earthquake? What could be the magnitude?

At 3/16/23 11:39 AM, MrsCoolioh wrote: how can I seperate and atom with my bare hands to make infinite water?

Very carefully.

hello

How do Pop Tarts work?

So the light from stars can be almost as old as the universe, it just takes that long for the wavelengths to reach us.

maybe we also send out wavelengths showing our planet and stuff

Does that mean we could look into the past on earth if we had a big mirror 1 light year away?

That would be sick to set up a mirror 2,000 light years away and see Ancient Rome in all of its glory. The wavelengths with those signals are still bouncing around space somewhere

hello

At 3/19/23 09:07 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: So the light from stars can be almost as old as the universe, it just takes that long for the wavelengths to reach us.

Not all stars in the past are visible to earth. Only those within the particle horizon can be seen, while signals from those outside the particle horizon do not (yet) have time to reach us. Particle horizon grows with time, so it is possible for stars outside the particle horizon to reach us in the future.

maybe we also send out wavelengths showing our planet and stuff

By definition, stars lying outside the (cosmological) event horizon can never receive signals from us. Accelerated expansion of the universe causes stars to move apart from one another and thus with time, we will be able to interact with less and less of the universe.

iu_925678_779242.webp

Latest TCs

what is inside black holes?

O prudente varão há de ser mudo,

Que é melhor neste mundo, mar de enganos,

Ser louco c’os demais, que só, sisudo

At 3/19/23 02:30 PM, detergent1 wrote: what is inside black holes?

I want to say it’s a link to somewhere else. We can tie a camera to a rope and throw it in there and pull it out and see a whole new world on the other side. But Sobolev will say nay and Malachy will say neigh 🐴 and Damnedbyfate will say nein

hello

At 3/19/23 02:30 PM, detergent1 wrote: what is inside black holes?

Black holes are vacuum

solutions to Einstein’s field equation so within the event horizon and away from the singularity it is just a vacuum, that is locally the interior looks like nothing special to an in-falling observer. You might see traces of dust.

Latest TCs

When are we going to be able to create a spaceship for proper space travel?

Or at the very least how soon can we make it to Mars?

hello

At 3/22/23 07:08 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: When are we going to be able to create a spaceship for proper space travel?

My first name is not Elon and my last name is not Musk.

Latest TCs

At 3/22/23 10:23 AM, ChiralAnomaly wrote:
At 3/22/23 07:08 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: When are we going to be able to create a spaceship for proper space travel?

My first name is not Elon and my last name is not Musk.

Ok Nikola Tesla, make me a water powered car

hello

Which element of the periodic table does Twitter mostly consist of?

At 3/22/23 10:59 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: Which element of the periodic table does Twitter mostly consist of?

You read the title correctly lmao

hello