00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LuckyCheshire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Scene Description by Chapter

461 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Scene Description by Chapter 2023-02-11 13:21:48

Had a question for scriptwriters. I'm writing a multi chapter script for a show/game and I wanted to know, if you describe a setting in an earlier chapter, do you describe it again if it shows back up? If so, would you just reuse an old description?

Response to Scene Description by Chapter 2023-03-11 04:07:12

At 2/11/23 01:21 PM, TorgoTheEnfeebled wrote: Had a question for scriptwriters. I'm writing a multi chapter script for a show/game and I wanted to know, if you describe a setting in an earlier chapter, do you describe it again if it shows back up? If so, would you just reuse an old description?

I feel it all really comes down to one's personal preferences for writing and storytelling, but personally speaking, I would say that generally speaking, you only need to describe the setting once and then you don't have to reuse the description again. Generally speaking, some scripts don't bother with reusing descriptions, but if you believe that the writing calls for it (like to describe a change in atmosphere or appearance for example), then go ahead and write for a new description. You can also research how scriptwriters write for shows or films and be inspired how they handle settings too, and I guarantee that you'll find what you're looking for too. I hope this helps! :)

Response to Scene Description by Chapter 2023-03-12 16:51:08

At 3/11/23 04:07 AM, Fad-Artwork wrote:
At 2/11/23 01:21 PM, TorgoTheEnfeebled wrote: Had a question for scriptwriters. I'm writing a multi chapter script for a show/game and I wanted to know, if you describe a setting in an earlier chapter, do you describe it again if it shows back up? If so, would you just reuse an old description?
I feel it all really comes down to one's personal preferences for writing and storytelling, but personally speaking, I would say that generally speaking, you only need to describe the setting once and then you don't have to reuse the description again. Generally speaking, some scripts don't bother with reusing descriptions, but if you believe that the writing calls for it (like to describe a change in atmosphere or appearance for example), then go ahead and write for a new description. You can also research how scriptwriters write for shows or films and be inspired how they handle settings too, and I guarantee that you'll find what you're looking for too. I hope this helps! :)

Honestly big help, thanks for replying!