00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LainLover just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

So what brought you into the BBS and newgrounds? (Or brought you back?)

1,072 Views | 57 Replies

I was bored

At 2/11/23 11:50 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I'm slowly on my way out or something idk. I have a harder time relating to this community with each passing year.

I mean, it's a site for librul artists, and you're not a librul.

How do you think it would go?

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

At 2/12/23 10:52 AM, detergent1 wrote: Kongregate refugee

Thank you for your service.

BBS Signature

I think I knew very vaguely about NG as a kid, but in the UK there was a program on CBBC called Newsrounds (News for tweens) so I always thought this was some kind of weird ass news website for kids and got really confused when games and animations popped up. (For as much as I write now, as a kid I couldn't spell so the chances are I always misspelt Newsround as Newsground)

Fast-forward a few years, I used to be fairly active on Deviantart but over the years (2014+) it started getting bleaker and bleaker. I went to Twitter (begrudgingly) but always missed interacting with other artists like I had. On DA I used to have a few mutuals who I'd grown close to and enjoyed seeing and art trading with, unfortunately Twitter's platform was the exact opposite and posting artwork became more and more isolated. It felt like everyone was talking but nobody was listening and mutuals would always reblog something political or some other nonsense which would show up on your feed. I found Twitter to be energy draining and retreated more from showing my art there unless it was fanart.

I made a NG account two years ago, I don't really know why and I'm not sure if it was all that active, I just posted my work like I did on every other social media and left. Though shortly after I joined I returned and participated in some events on here which was really enjoyable, it's an environment that cultivates and inspires creating art which no other website does. It's the Goldilocks Zone between Art Station and Deviantart. Art Station was always way too formal for me, and DA is full of fart inflation shit and when you say you have a DA account people would think you're one of those types of people.

Only now am I really getting to the forum side of things, I tend to ignore threads that seem like kids shitposting but who knows, maybe I will meet some cool creative people.

BBS Signature

Sense of belonging that I never really got to experience for a couple of years.

BBS Signature

At 2/13/23 04:25 PM, DamnWei wrote:
At 2/12/23 03:04 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:
At 2/12/23 02:56 PM, DamnWei wrote: Kongregate died from NFTs downsizing or some shit.
Wtf kongregate was investing in nfts? I fucking knew they would take actual advantage out of their buddy thing system. You know those creatures you get when you get achievements for games in a week
they never did anything with it. their company blogs IIRC were saying something about exploring blockchain tech, but it never happened.all they did was talk about it, sell some silly chatroom stickers with "blocks", and then proceed to shut down those chatrooms, and fire almost everyone. it's absurd what happened.

you might still be able to find old posts complaining about it in the locked down Kongregate forums, if you're really interested in the madness that brought it down.

Pretty please. I am a former user there. I really wanna know what the fuck happened. To destroy the site completely?

Whenever I remember to check back, or rather, stop forgetting.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

At 2/13/23 04:45 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 2/11/23 11:50 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I'm slowly on my way out or something idk. I have a harder time relating to this community with each passing year.

Hi welcome to Newgrounds, where it's Everything by Everyone.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

At 2/13/23 07:43 PM, TailsPrower wrote:

Art is inherently liberal in nature. Conservative artists might exist, but conservatives are more likely to take up a trade. Only rich, spoiled liberals have the kind of free time it takes to practice art.

It's all just going to become increaslingly liberal. There was a brief dip in the graph of conservativism, like there was in the 80's, but we'll be even more liberal that we ever were soon.

That's why old people get lonely; eventually everyone you know dies or goes away and the "kids these days" just get more and more liberal.

the only way to survive socially is to become more liberal as standards change.

BBS Signature

At 2/11/23 09:42 AM, DerangedKnite wrote: You know, I really wanted to ask this question, Especially to answer with mine over why I'm here, And honestly I would love to know what you brings you over to where you are now and being an active user here?

For me, Its kind of a long story that I will try to make short but, Basically I usually felt lonely most of the time, And I didn't socialize with much people, I used to be in communities like the smash community on twitter, But they all end up dying in drama, Communicating with people on social media is it that easy really too, It would feel weird to come out of nowhere and say hello, And trying to talk on discord servers is hell but.

Cue few days before the new year. I decided to check back on newground because really browsing newgrounds was a tradition at this. But, I was curious about the forums, And I decided to lurk there for a while, I expected after fnf's popularity, Things wouldn't be the same, But I was sort of wrong, The community there still retains its old spirit, And even better its more bearable than any place on social media. Its really easy to talk to everyone here for some reason and so on. It just felt great

Yeah I think forums are the best way to socialzie really. No matter how old it is, Its way more superior than writing small text on an image.

And then, I ask this, Say traveler what had brought you here in the first place?

Other creators before me, then I wanted to create my own funny and raunchy toons, also I just want to make art and stuff.

At 2/13/23 07:56 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:

Art is inherently liberal in nature. Conservative artists might exist, but conservatives are more likely to take up a trade. Only rich, spoiled liberals have the kind of free time it takes to practice art.

It's all just going to become increaslingly liberal. There was a brief dip in the graph of conservativism, like there was in the 80's, but we'll be even more liberal that we ever were soon.

That's why old people get lonely; eventually everyone you know dies or goes away and the "kids these days" just get more and more liberal.

iu_895695_1089462.gif

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

the hopes that someday, someone will make me laugh.

xoxo 💋 (ps: okay I guess you can watch TRW)

BBS Signature

At 2/13/23 08:01 PM, Konqe wrote:
At 2/13/23 07:56 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:

Art is liberal. Modern art is shit. Therefore, liberals are shit.

Peepee Poopoo indeed. Peepee Poopoo.

BBS Signature

At 2/11/23 09:42 AM, DerangedKnite wrote: You know, I really wanted to ask this question, Especially to answer with mine over why I'm here, And honestly I would love to know what you brings you over to where you are now and being an active user here?

For me, Its kind of a long story that I will try to make short but, Basically I usually felt lonely most of the time, And I didn't socialize with much people, I used to be in communities like the smash community on twitter, But they all end up dying in drama, Communicating with people on social media is it that easy really too, It would feel weird to come out of nowhere and say hello, And trying to talk on discord servers is hell but.

Cue few days before the new year. I decided to check back on newground because really browsing newgrounds was a tradition at this. But, I was curious about the forums, And I decided to lurk there for a while, I expected after fnf's popularity, Things wouldn't be the same, But I was sort of wrong, The community there still retains its old spirit, And even better its more bearable than any place on social media. Its really easy to talk to everyone here for some reason and so on. It just felt great

Yeah I think forums are the best way to socialzie really. No matter how old it is, Its way more superior than writing small text on an image.

And then, I ask this, Say traveler what had brought you here in the first place?

Ok, so there was this game called Friday Night Funkin'...

I know, I know.

Just let me explain.

So, FNF came out, and it was a free rhythm hame, which was wild enough, but the music was copyright free too?

And everything about it was really cool and unique?

And so I came over here looking to see what was what, and found an even cooler platform that supported creative freedom, had respect for creators, and was full of neat stuff, including games from my childhood?

Why wouldn't I join?

So I set up an account and sort of lurked for awhile.

And then our youngest cat at the time, Camazotz, died on the first day of spring at only a year and a half.

And it really sucked.

But working on my animation submission for the FNF contest at the time gave me something to do and I made something, though incomplete, that I'm pretty proud of.

It's been nearly two years now, and a lot has happened, but it's been pretty chill on here.

I'm slowly getting followers, making progress porting my Deviantart stuff over, and just enjoying all the stuff people have been making.

On BBS? Shitpost and so many cool interesting people.

On Newgrounds? Just so I can upload some music.

Artist please check out my art, and musician please check out my music.

BBS Signature

I joined Newgrounds in 2015 because I liked flash games.

I joined the BBS because I needed someplace to help me get over my Reddit addiction (which I have now successfully accomplished)

Good times good times good times good times

Nostalgia aside, I think one of the biggest things that keeps me here is the fact that Newgrounds isn't some faceless board of NPC corporate sellout hacks. The website is built and run by real people who actually care about artistic expression over ad revenue, unlike literally fucking anywhere else on the internet at this point.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

1. Scene creators brought me here... Man...

2."hol on dis bitch got FORUMS?!"

BBS Signature

well first off it's not as toxic as YouTube and i was beginning to hate YouTube and i remember this site from the days i would play Windows Doors and Windows RG and i found some cool stuff here so i made a account and it's far from a edgy high school website as for BBS probably boredom

At 2/13/23 06:25 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:
At 2/12/23 02:56 PM, DamnWei wrote: Kongregate died from NFTs downsizing or some shit.
Wtf kongregate was investing in nfts? I fucking knew they would take actual advantage out of their buddy thing system. You know those creatures you get when you get achievements for games in a week
they never did anything with it. their company blogs IIRC were saying something about exploring blockchain tech, but it never happened.all they did was talk about it, sell some silly chatroom stickers with "blocks", and then proceed to shut down those chatrooms, and fire almost everyone. it's absurd what happened.

you might still be able to find old posts complaining about it in the locked down Kongregate forums, if you're really interested in the madness that brought it down.
Pretty please. I am a former user there. I really wanna know what the fuck happened. To destroy the site completely?

can't say for sure. i already summarised what happened.

"...exploring blockchain tech, but it never happened.all they did was talk about it, sell some silly chatroom stickers with "blocks", and then proceed to shut down those chatrooms, and fire almost everyone."

At 2/14/23 04:16 PM, DamnWei wrote:
At 2/13/23 06:25 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:

can't say for sure. i already summarised what happened.
"...exploring blockchain tech, but it never happened.all they did was talk about it, sell some silly chatroom stickers with "blocks", and then proceed to shut down those chatrooms, and fire almost everyone."

I mean, Fine I'll try to search for the locked forum posts myself, Hopefully I actually find them

i wanted to make music and post it somewhere

and i wanted to socialize since irl is really bad for me

@taka and @mawibblap were one of the first guys i met over here, altho much more time before i met @monster8maker , tho we dont talk much anymore.

At 2/14/23 09:59 PM, awdgamer123 wrote: Probably not what you meant, but regarding your point about conservatives not being likely to be artists, Ronald Reagan used to be an actor you know....

He played a very convincing president while his cronies looted the treasury, so this tracks.

BBS Signature

I go to the BBS cause I am bored.

I found Newgrounds from SMBZ and music from artists like Waterflame and cornandbeans

Cat Dynamics, Assassin and Telebubby Fun Land

I needed something that keeps me (un)bored. Also because I want to.

Masochism

Before I made this account, I'd already had a pretty basic understanding of this website (along side its mascots) from a young age. I only really went onto Newgrounds just to play the Riddle School games, and outside of that I'd just watch some flash animations that were (most likely) uploaded without permission, or just the Madness Combat series. It wasn't until Friday Night Funkin' had released Week 7 that I would decide make a Newgrounds account. And thus the account, @ChillyAbe was created.

I was first introduced to the BBS by the game, Tankmas ADVENTure 2021, which would introduce me to the Coffee topic, leading me to make my very first post. The "Coffee" topic made me feel a lot more connected towards Newgrounds as a whole. On October 2022, I was starting to get more invested into the BBS. And then later on, I made my first ever topic. So, yeah.

Arm-Shock will never die!

BBS Signature