00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MAEGS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NEWGROUNDS BEAT SABER COLLAB: PLAYTESTERS WANTED!!

262 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This is an updated version of my previous post in the Video Game Forum since I’ve revealed the Beat Saber collab :3

Anyways…

PLAYTESTERS WANTED!

Are you a VR Rhythm gamer who's bored of your normal custom songs? Would you like to contribute to a super cool collab that will be announced pretty soon? Well, I have an offer for you!

My name is sereneFalconer, an artist here on Newgrounds, and I would like to give y'all the opportunity to contribute to THE NEWGROUNDS BEAT SABER COLLAB! If you love Beat Saber, and you love your Newgrounds community, then please consider!

I am looking for playtesters to, well, playtest custom levels, and I only have three requirements for applicants.

1. You own a VR headset and Beat Saber
  2. You have at least a little experience modding your copy of Beat Saber (downloading custom songs)
  3. You are willing to share your ideas and critiques with level mappers constructively and will swear to secrecy while the project is going on.

Some other details to take note of:

• YOUR EXPERIENCE LEVEL DOES NOT MATTER!! In fact, players of all levels are encouraged to apply! Whether you've just completed the tutorial, you can beat Ghost on expert+, or even if you could put Taichi himself to shame, all experience levels are welcome!
  • YOUR HARDWARE DOES NOT MATTER!! Quest users and PC VR users are all welcome to apply! It doesn't matter if you have an HTC Vive, an Oculus Quest 2, or a Valve Index. As long as you can mod your copy of Beat Saber, you can apply!
  • THE ABILITY TO RECORD AND STREAM YOUR PLAYTESTS IS OPTIONAL!! While, yes, it is preferable that you are able to either record and share your playtests, or stream them in discord, it is not required. As long as you can give a timestamp when you critique, you can apply.

I am looking for 5-8 playtesters for the moment. Please pay attention to the instructions below, and feel free to ask any questions!

How to Apply

Reply to this forum post with the following details:

• A brief introduction of who you are and what you do
  • Your hardware specifications
  • Approximately how often and at what level you play Beat Saber
  • Your capability to either record or stream gameplay
  • Why you are interested in volunteering
  • and whether or not you SWEAR TO SECRECY!! NO CHART SPOILERS!!
  • OPTIONAL: Provide a youtube link with some of your gameplay!

Here's an example of an acceptable application:

Hi! My name is sereneFalconer and I am an artist and Beat Saber lover! I own an Oculus Quest 2, and a mediocre but usable laptop that I use to mod and stream my game. I play Beat Saber fairly often, but usually in bursts. While I am pretty good at the game, being able to beat most expert and some expert+ levels, I'm not the best! (I have yet to beat Ghost on expert+ lol). I can most certainly record and share my gameplay, and while discord can be a little wonky sometimes, I can stream gameplay if need be. I am interested in volunteering because I love playing new levels and listening to new music, and I would love to support both Beat Saber's and Newgrounds' communities! I most definitely swear to secrecy! Thank you for your time :)

Find more info about the Beat saber collab here: 

https://serenefalconer.newgrounds.com/news/post/1333924

Ask your questions and discuss here: 

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1518486#bbspost27608786_post_text

Alright, that's all! Get to it!!

i drink orange juice with ice cubes and eat pineapple on my pizza, fight me.

Response to NEWGROUNDS BEAT SABER COLLAB: PLAYTESTERS WANTED!! 2023-01-18 18:36:16

Hey, I'm Noves. I'm a voice actor and a game nerd. I have a HTC Vive and use a custom PC I made to both run VR and stream on occasion. While I have the equipment to record a session, I've never done so yet but just need to brush up on the knowledge to do so and I'm good. It's been awhile since I've played Beat Saber but I used to play it a few times a week. After I shake the rust off, I should be able to beat expert tracks and will happily struggle while failing at expert+. I'm familiar with modding the game and should be able to run mods without issue. I'd like to apply to be a playtester because I enjoy the creative process with games and I haven't given VR gaming nor Beat Saber enough love recently. A project like this would be a great reason to put on the headset again.

The biggest drawback with having me as a volunteer is my schedule. I can guarantee secrecy, but usually have enough people around that I'm busy between Thursdays and Sunday afternoons. I can't imagine anyone around would leak anything, but would rather be upfront about that. If scheduling isn't an issue, let me know and I'll do what I can for you. Either way, good luck with the modding!

Response to NEWGROUNDS BEAT SABER COLLAB: PLAYTESTERS WANTED!! 2023-02-08 18:06:27

Hi, name's Markus. I'm a well-experienced VR user on PCVR and Standalone. I own a Quest 2 and Virtual Desktop to play Beat Saber and other sorts of games. I'm more of a casual player and much more fitted towards charts with balance and fun-to-play mechanics although I'm not too big of a fan of long streams of notes. Normally I play Expert most of the time and I have slight-success when playing Expert+. I'm applying to playtest the different maps that'll be made and see the different sabers, blocks, and other sorts of models that'll be whipped up. I only have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M and an as my computer's a handmedown from my uncle but I can still try to test all the sorts of new things. Hopefully I can contribute my part to this project!