00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LainLover just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Challenge: Pick 3 YouTube Titles and Draw!

171 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey you! Do you want an art prompt? You’re in the right place!

Grab 3 YouTube videos and either use the video title or text in the thumbnail, whichever is more interesting to you. Then come up with a situation based on all three!

Example: I found a short from some Gmod horror Youtuber called “HAD NO TIME TO SCREAM” and a Vsauce video called “What is the Speed of Dark?”, and I thought that together they’d be really cool for a cheesy horror scenario. Another video, a compilation of creepy DMs/text messages, gave me the thumbnail text “*smiles with multiple holes*”, and I really wanted to take it literally.

I imagined “Speed of Darkness” being one of those small PS1-style horror game projects that indie devs are creating a lot of now, set in a lab where something goes very wrong and a scientific anomaly, capable of incredible speed, is created. It appears to be made of darkness itself, or dark matter, and has mouths all of its body.

So this is my sketch with all three sources:

iu_859019_6994006.png

And here is my finished poster, which I get to use the attempted PS1 style to excuse the bad quality of (haha):

iu_859020_6994006.png

Now it’s your turn! Go out on YouTube and start taking screenshots of whatever you think sounds cool! See what comes out of it!

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Challenge: Pick 3 YouTube Titles and Draw! 2023-01-06 08:40:18

At 1/5/23 02:30 PM, Thetageist wrote: Hey you! Do you want an art prompt? You’re in the right place!

Grab 3 YouTube videos and either use the video title or text in the thumbnail, whichever is more interesting to you. Then come up with a situation based on all three!

-----

Polar express

Kid robs a toy store

When everything goes wrong

iu_859687_8016576.webp

See my profile page for link to showroom

BBS Signature

Response to Challenge: Pick 3 YouTube Titles and Draw! 2023-01-06 08:43:48

At 1/6/23 08:40 AM, PerKGrok wrote:
At 1/5/23 02:30 PM, Thetageist wrote: Hey you! Do you want an art prompt? You’re in the right place!

-----
Polar express

Kid robs a toy store

When everything goes wrong

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/perkgrok/the-big-heist

Oh my god, I love it. I even recognize one of the video titles, of course it’s frickin’ Dhar “Running Out Of Moralistic Clickbait Ideas” Mann

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature