00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tophat1607 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need some scallywags open to work with me on a comic :)

338 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking to invite some other creatives to contribute on my comic project "Allie & Roe". It's a series that involves two 24-year olds. it's pretty bare and it's pretty episodic, so there isn't much of a 'story-line' associated with it. This means I'd like to involve people who can contribute some ideas, jokes and writing towards the project.

This comic won't mind getting its hands dirty, so there is no limit to joke ideas, no matter how ist or phobic they are (of course that doesn't necessarily mean they will make it into the final print). Not looking for too much social or political preachy garbage thrown into this, so that is definitely not on the table and will be shot down. Keeping this somewhat down the middle.

As for art, I'd mostly need someone who likes doing backgrounds.

All persons working on this will be credited and (possibly) payed if we are able to monetize and distribute the comic. Much of business discussion will be talked about as time progresses and I'am able to see how this en-devour performs.

Contact me on Discord if interested: basednrandom#0524

Or even email: randomcollective@protonmail.com

basednrandom

On the one hand, it has been a long time since I've done serious story writing, and I want to get back in practice. On the other hand, I looked at the one page of this comic you have up at the moment, and it doesn't seem like there's much to work with beyond shock humor, at least based on just that page.

Who are Allie and Roe? What kind of friendship do they have? What do they want out of life? Who's more likely to make a cock joke? I used to watch a bunch of different Abridged Series videos on Youtube, and the best ones had exaggerated, but defined characters who could bounce off of or against each other, in addition to parody and shock humor.

Simply put, I want to know if there's more we haven't seen yet, or if we'd be building this completely from scratch, before I commit to anything.

Failing over and over doesn't make you a failure. The only failures are the ones who don't try.

At 12/19/22 01:57 AM, johnsoma wrote: On the one hand, it has been a long time since I've done serious story writing, and I want to get back in practice. On the other hand, I looked at the one page of this comic you have up at the moment, and it doesn't seem like there's much to work with beyond shock humor, at least based on just that page.

Who are Allie and Roe? What kind of friendship do they have? What do they want out of life? Who's more likely to make a cock joke? I used to watch a bunch of different Abridged Series videos on Youtube, and the best ones had exaggerated, but defined characters who could bounce off of or against each other, in addition to parody and shock humor.

Simply put, I want to know if there's more we haven't seen yet, or if we'd be building this completely from scratch, before I commit to anything.

Lots of very fair points. I'm currently ramping up alot of projects and general social media presence, so I've neglected abit of the writing of this so far. This is why I'am looking for people to hop onboard. If you'd like to join me, my Discord is basednrandom#0524. Looking forward to your response :)

basednrandom

At 12/19/22 03:05 AM, RdnTv wrote:
At 12/19/22 01:57 AM, johnsoma wrote: On the one hand, it has been a long time since I've done serious story writing, and I want to get back in practice. On the other hand, I looked at the one page of this comic you have up at the moment, and it doesn't seem like there's much to work with beyond shock humor, at least based on just that page.

Lots of very fair points. I'm currently ramping up alot of projects and general social media presence, so I've neglected abit of the writing of this so far. This is why I'am looking for people to hop onboard. If you'd like to join me, my Discord is basednrandom#0524. Looking forward to your response :)

That sounds like something the devil would do and I hear God yelling at me.

I hear God yelling and he's saying burn in hell you stupid terrorist.

Love Attacts Like a an Invivisible God in the Snow. The Devil always looses so presevire until the morning star arises in your own heart.

I'm involved in my own stuff rn but I would be down to write punchup on finished drafts. dm me if you're interested.

At 12/19/22 03:05 AM, RdnTv wrote:

I've decided this isn't for me. All my experience is with longer, more serious stories and not gag-of-the-week style comics. Not to mention that my regular job is unpredictable and keeps me busy. Sorry, though it does seem like you have other people who are willing to help. Sorry, and I hope you find someone who can make this comic something special!

Failing over and over doesn't make you a failure. The only failures are the ones who don't try.