00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AidenGanzer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dating an artist????

1,497 Views | 85 Replies

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-04 18:45:30

At 12/4/22 05:34 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/4/22 05:31 PM, samplesector wrote:
At 12/4/22 05:30 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/4/22 05:28 PM, samplesector wrote:
At 12/4/22 05:13 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/4/22 01:51 PM, samplesector wrote: I'll lose my wizard powers if I fall for a woman.
Those "wizard powers" are actually just the permission to lead the KKK.
I'm just going to assume you're just pretending to be retarded right now.
It's called a joke, you stupid ass.
How the fuck am I supposed to tell these days when post irony poisoned everything.
Nothing on the General BBS is ever serious.

Oh, i see

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-04 18:46:28

At 12/4/22 06:38 PM, EyeballEarth wrote:
At 12/4/22 04:44 PM, Crashgen wrote:
At 12/4/22 02:59 PM, EyeballEarth wrote: Artists are crazy tbh. My ex gf is an artist and made me register on deviantArt and has BPD or some shit. I'm not too well either all things considered
Oh wow, that's an experience. She made you make a deviantART?. I wonder why she did that?. Huh.
She just thought it'd be cool for me to also have a profile there, nothing extraordinary really. It was everything else that was crazy

Oooooooooooooooo i see, yeah that makes sense and i can understand that. I'm sorry about the crazy part though, oof :/

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-04 20:20:18

At 12/4/22 03:39 AM, Crashgen wrote: Probably a weird post but, dose dating an artist exist? or more so even many?. over time i just find myself more and more alienated in my dating life were i just cant connect with a girl on a artistic/creative level let alone none i meet even animate or draw. i feel embarrassed to say but ya i feel lonely on it, not sharing the spark of art.

what are your guys experiences dating an artist? did you guys have a fun time?, any cool stories?. anyone relate to this or am i just a weirdo??/ huh...

Sounds like a cope for not having much life/social experience to relate to anything other than anime or whatever it is you draw. When you hit 21 and hopefully make progress socially and not further become a shut-in, you will find it easier to relate to girls especially in college.

Making art be your entire personality is pretty cringe and left to deviant art artists so when you graduate HS, the amount of women like that drop significantly.

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-04 20:33:35

At 12/4/22 08:20 PM, Cerbskies wrote:
At 12/4/22 03:39 AM, Crashgen wrote: Probably a weird post but, dose dating an artist exist? or more so even many?. over time i just find myself more and more alienated in my dating life were i just cant connect with a girl on a artistic/creative level let alone none i meet even animate or draw. i feel embarrassed to say but ya i feel lonely on it, not sharing the spark of art.

what are your guys experiences dating an artist? did you guys have a fun time?, any cool stories?. anyone relate to this or am i just a weirdo??/ huh...
Sounds like a cope for not having much life/social experience to relate to anything other than anime or whatever it is you draw. When you hit 21 and hopefully make progress socially and not further become a shut-in, you will find it easier to relate to girls especially in college.

Making art be your entire personality is pretty cringe and left to deviant art artists so when you graduate HS, the amount of women like that drop significantly.

im not sure what to take from this lol.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-04 23:01:47

My partner and I ascended the system and are both artists. We draw together every weekend on discord and hold each other accountable for our deadlines.

We complain about our dumb art pet peeves at each other and talk about what we're struggling with at the moment and its been pretty healthy.

Dating non-artists is sorta hard from experience, but I think the important thing is that a good partner will engage with your interests and support them to a reasonable degree while you also engage with their own interests. Like, you don't have to force a brush into their hand, but there's something attractive about listening to someone talk about something they're passionate about y'know?

Sorry if this is overly earnest but I got carried away thinking about how much I -clenches fist- love my partner and friends who also show genuine appreciation for my craft despite our varied paths

Illustrator and tabletop roleplaying game designer. Check out my work on Itch.io!

BBS Signature

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-04 23:41:21

At 12/4/22 11:01 PM, GenTrigger wrote: My partner and I ascended the system and are both artists. We draw together every weekend on discord and hold each other accountable for our deadlines.

We complain about our dumb art pet peeves at each other and talk about what we're struggling with at the moment and its been pretty healthy.

Dating non-artists is sorta hard from experience, but I think the important thing is that a good partner will engage with your interests and support them to a reasonable degree while you also engage with their own interests. Like, you don't have to force a brush into their hand, but there's something attractive about listening to someone talk about something they're passionate about y'know?

Sorry if this is overly earnest but I got carried away thinking about how much I -clenches fist- love my partner and friends who also show genuine appreciation for my craft despite our varied paths

Please don't apologize, this is what I wanted out of the form post. I absolutely love it and think it's a adorable. I'm really really happy for you that you have a partner like that ☺️. This also helps me understand from other people's perspective as well on how they feel about this to. So thanks.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 01:10:45

It's the other way around for me, I'm the artist. I think it actually makes our relationship better, she loves watching me draw shit. She's a big inspiration in my work when it comes to character design.

I'm pretty sure she likes hearing me talk about art, even if she doesn't know anything about it herself.

As long as you support what your partner likes, they'll support what you like.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 01:17:33

At 12/5/22 01:10 AM, vonschloss wrote:

It's the other way around for me, I'm the artist. I think it actually makes our relationship better, she loves watching me draw shit. She's a big inspiration in my work when it comes to character design.
I'm pretty sure she likes hearing me talk about art, even if she doesn't know anything about it herself.

As long as you support what your partner likes, they'll support what you like.

Yeah that makes sense, I'm happy for you 😊. I guess in my experience it feels one-sided conversations when I talk about art, like I could talk about other subjects but there's a certain energy I like, usually humor/upeat if that makes sense. So when I give it and I have a, yeah not much reply to match it I feel weird. But that is nice to know that and a good view.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 01:43:23

The only relationship I’ve had that lasted for more than a week was pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 02:01:19

At 12/5/22 01:43 AM, Guidodinho wrote: The only relationship I’ve had that lasted for more than a week was pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me.

oh wow, must be some relationship!, glad you had a good one.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 02:06:17

At 12/5/22 02:01 AM, Crashgen wrote:
At 12/5/22 01:43 AM, Guidodinho wrote: The only relationship I’ve had that lasted for more than a week was pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me.

None of your concern.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 02:23:54

At 12/5/22 02:06 AM, Guidodinho wrote:
At 12/5/22 02:01 AM, Crashgen wrote:
None of your concern.

iu_828799_10242307.png

"Don't you understand? You lost to fate! Walking the path of justice is true fate!"

autistic robot girl

she/her

BBS Signature

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 10:27:01

Well as an artist myself, dating fellow artist that is more better than you feels very cool tbh. We teach each other about our ways and do a shit ton of collabs but we are just friends now.

Artist please check out my art, and musician please check out my music.

BBS Signature

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 10:59:31

At 12/5/22 10:27 AM, HalfDemureOfficial wrote:

Well as an artist myself, dating fellow artist that is more better than you feels very cool tbh. We teach each other about our ways and do a shit ton of collabs but we are just friends now.

That's the dream, basically going together and collabing <3, so yes indeed I would agree it is very cool hehe.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 10:59:53

At 12/5/22 10:59 AM, Crashgen wrote:
At 12/5/22 10:27 AM, HalfDemureOfficial wrote:

That's the dream, basically going together and collabing <3, so yes indeed I would agree it is very cool hehe.

Growing*

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 11:01:39

Carbon-14

I need a tanning bed, a 3D life to keep me from the cold.

BBS Signature

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 11:15:41

At 12/5/22 11:01 AM, PurpleShoes wrote: Carbon-14

Ahhh, what? Lol

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 11:45:16

bro i aint never wanting to date an artist. i can already imagine the art piece she/he does if we break up. probably be as dramatic as a single mom's facebook post about being single.....again

BBS Signature

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 11:53:43

At 12/5/22 11:45 AM, AnEvilHeat wrote: bro i aint never wanting to date an artist. i can already imagine the art piece she/he does if we break up. probably be as dramatic as a single mom's facebook post about being single.....again

Lmao I'm sorry for laughing but I never thought of it like that haha .

I'm thinking of funny scenarios of how that art piece would look.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-05 13:00:44

At 12/5/22 11:15 AM, Crashgen wrote:
At 12/5/22 11:01 AM, PurpleShoes wrote: Carbon-14
Ahhh, what? Lol

Radiometric dating.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-08 18:33:06

As an art person, I cannot stand 90% of other artists. Also common advice for college age people is never to date an art student. Might be something to it...

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-08 19:01:21

well if you don't like the artist, you can always go ask their art for a date

Satire

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-08 23:15:00

Just date someone with hobbies if you have hobbies. There should be a mutual understanding that you each need time to work on the things you love. You can encourage each other even if you don't totally get it.

I was dating a woman 11 years ago who did mixed media artwork and I absolutely hated her art. I just liked to doodle with pens at that time. I tried to be encouraging but I couldn't stand her art. And she insisted we hang it everywhere. I think I'd rather date someone with a creative side, but whose hobbies aren't just a slightly different version of what I like.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-09 03:25:13

At 12/8/22 06:33 PM, Mitchelf wrote: As an art person, I cannot stand 90% of other artists. Also common advice for college age people is never to date an art student. Might be something to it...

......... you know.... i can see what you mean

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-09 03:29:23

At 12/4/22 01:51 PM, samplesector wrote: I'll lose my wizard powers if I fall for a woman.

Oooooh, that's why Dumbledore was gay.

Check out this Average Joe!

BBS Signature

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-09 07:55:15

Don’t ever settle! I usually am just upfront with the guy and tell him I am into hentai and art and stuff like that… Like ripping off a bandaid BUT also at the same time, opening the door for him to tell me any “weird” kinks he is into…. The best is to discuss it early right up front before you catch feelings!

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-09 09:00:21

At 12/9/22 07:55 AM, Meteora21 wrote: Don’t ever settle! I usually am just upfront with the guy and tell him I am into hentai and art and stuff like that… Like ripping off a bandaid BUT also at the same time, opening the door for him to tell me any “weird” kinks he is into…. The best is to discuss it early right up front before you catch feelings!

Thanks for the advice!. I'll keep that in mind, thanks a bunch.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-09 11:30:19

As an artist who already has enough trouble finding anyone to talk to, I can't even fathom forming that much interest in someone who's not an artist... we just can't be on enough of the same wavelength if you don't understand the struggles of having your hard work devalued by entitled cheapskates, or accidentally doing lineart on the sketch layer.

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-09 11:58:50

At 12/9/22 11:30 AM, mewbirb wrote: As an artist who already has enough trouble finding anyone to talk to, I can't even fathom forming that much interest in someone who's not an artist... we just can't be on enough of the same wavelength if you don't understand the struggles of having your hard work devalued by entitled cheapskates, or accidentally doing lineart on the sketch layer.

Ugh i feel this so hard, i understand...... Especially being an artist being thankless work. being underpaid, putting your life dedicating to studying anatomy, color theory, volume, value, saturation, form, ect ect*. And having someone be rude to you thinking there entitled to your art when they have no fundamental understanding of it. Not to mention how the feeling of losing a project after putting weeks of work in because the file got corrupted!. Lol gee thanks adobe :).

Response to Dating an artist???? 2022-12-09 12:05:44 (edited 2022-12-09 12:06:53)

I married an artist, @purple-blep specifically. The only advice I can give you in the dating world is don't try and look for a gf/bf, just hang out with people you like and want to be friends with and shit'll just naturally fall into place sooner or later and you'll wind up with someone you've been friends with for years. Once you stumble across the right person and the time is right, you'll just know.

I say this because there's way too much pressure and eagerness for people to throw themselves into relationships with people they're not compatible with in the long-term and many of them eventually grow to regret it. Just take your time. Shit'll happen when it happens.

Twitter: Snooper | My Link Directory: Peelopaalu | My Personal Site: S

BBS Signature