00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fluffymofo808 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

December Drawing Challenge General

2,066 Views | 64 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to December Drawing Challenge General 2022-12-27 14:25:35

Time for metal

2949873_skoops_demoncember-13-metal.png?f1672168955

Response to December Drawing Challenge General 2022-12-29 13:38:44

iu_851790_12381511.webp

"You asked for it!"

#15 - Summon

It is done. This is the first time I've actually completed a prompt list :)

The "15-per-month format" is definitely better because I just get overwhelmed with the amount drawings to do when there's a new one for each day.

BBS Signature

Response to December Drawing Challenge General 2022-12-29 14:20:05

At 12/29/22 01:38 PM, KDTLCLT wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kdtlclt/you-asked-for-it-demoncember

"You asked for it!"
#15 - Summon

It is done. This is the first time I've actually completed a prompt list :)
The "15-per-month format" is definitely better because I just get overwhelmed with the amount drawings to do when there's a new one for each day.

What a finish! I gotta do something for you for finishing the challenge on time, like a prize or something. Lemme think about it.

I lag behind with Sea:

2953932_skoops_demoncember-14-sea.png?f1672341297

Response to December Drawing Challenge General 2022-12-31 00:21:28

Phew, got it done in time!

2957424_skoops_demoncember-15-summon.png?f1672463609

Thanks for participating, even if you just did one or two of the prompts, and thanks for bearing witness to me biting off more than I could chew with these more complicated pieces. I wanted to step it up from the stuff I did for Witchtober, and for the most part I'm pretty happy that I gave myself that push.

Happy New Year, youse guys~

Response to December Drawing Challenge General 2022-12-31 01:27:47

As cool as it would be to say that I secretly finished everything (That was the plan anyway...), I, unfortunately, have to call it.

I had more than enough time to finish everything. The real problem came from a lack of know-how and skill. That said, I don't regret having participated for a second! Had I simply gone with creatures instead of Demons, I know that I would have had no issues completing this challenge, but I saw a wonderful opportunity to step outside my comfort zone And had to take it! I feel like I've really grown from this experience and have seen where I need to improve! My only regret is that I couldn't complete my little narrative. I think next year, if you decide to do this again, Skoops, I'd love to give it another shot! I had fun, but for now, I must admit defeat.

If you want to see what I actually managed to get done, you can see those HERE.

I hope everyone that participated had fun, and congratulations to those who made it through to the end!

Also, a question for anyone who cared enough to read! Any of ya got a favorite demon design from something?

If I may show my age a bit, I've always been quite fond of the design of Barubary from Breath of Fire 2! Only now do I realize that I should have let that influence my designs a bit. Hahaha!