00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiwi023 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning]

1,520 Views | 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-02-22 12:14:09

At 2/22/23 12:10 PM, Mabelma wrote:
At 2/16/23 12:13 PM, BlankFacedRobot wrote:
Ah, my apologies for taking a while between posts! Have a concept design, or two, of the scientist whose research directly contributed to the end of the war in my world. Unfortunately, things for him didn't go over too well during his research and now he's confined to a suit outside his special bedroom in his lab. Aiming for him to be a bit taller however.
I truly love that orange and blue palette, the colors look so good together.

Thank you very much! Took a bit of playing around to find that palette. Personally one of my favorites.

I promise I'm not ignoring you, I either forgot or I thought it was a dream.

My Art Thread [NSFW warning]

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-02-26 15:06:08

At 11/24/22 04:06 PM, BlankFacedRobot wrote: Well, technically last post I lied. Kinda. I have a year by year comparison of a character. He's getting a redesign AGAIN here soon, but he's one of my older ones. I really got the feet and hips to work and look different after 2015.

iu_907376_7162265.webp

Some of the process I eliminate from my posts, someone said it was really interesting how I talked to myself in my initial concepts here before I move on to further defining it on a separate page. Like I still gotta follow the 3 detail bits above there at some point. It's the neatest chicken scratch I can produce, so if it's still not legible, sorry. I'm trying to redesign this character to show a timeline of improvement to myself.

Responded to the original post if you want to see the initial pieces of art of this character. It ain't much to look at but it's there :)

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-03-22 18:26:11

iu_928737_7162265.webp

Practiced some lighting stuff on a doodle concept, this character's race design was finally completed so I gotta redo him. I am alive, very much alive.

Please forgive, I am still working on things! Fighting the inner perfectionist to let me post things is a battle I am struggling to win but keen to overcome!

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-03-23 20:36:15

Pretty cool, the longer legs remind me of the clamps style

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-03-24 07:17:32

At 3/23/23 08:36 PM, Aivrotsiel wrote: Pretty cool, the longer legs remind me of the clamps style

Aww, thank you! Appreciate it :D

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-04-14 05:17:01

iu_947827_7162265.webpSo, trying an illustration for the first time in FOREVER. Kind of going after that old cover concept but doing it properly, with characters properly designed. This is just one of many thumbnails I made sure to make clearer.

Been a WHILE since I really... was anywhere other than in my head. SO, here ya'll go for a minute.

iu_961208_7162265.webp

Was trying out character fashion stuffs, trying to get a feel for main comic outfit setting. This guy... is pretty difficult, since the city in which he lives, he's a minority and well, clothing isn't as easily accessible for him. And he's an academic type, a scientist. He wears professional clothing outside of his home. Either way though, many have said I've had a drastic improvement in my art.

So, I hope this cover redo... whatever, since it was an initial concept I drew up years ago in like less than an hour, is gonna be one of my to-date best things ever made. I think so, anyway. We shall see, eh? Just posting this to prove, I have not yet died.

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-05-08 23:43:04

iu_967062_7162265.webpiu_967063_7162265.webp

Have some 15 minute timed sketches for warmup/shape breakdown stuff!

iu_1045300_7162265.webp

Just doodling concepts during hiatus and I really liked this one.

EDIT: Sorry for the quality, nothing I'm doing is making it any better. RIP, see ya'll whenever or come the start of September once my hiatus ends!

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-08-08 01:59:24

Good stuff, keep up the good work!

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-08-08 02:00:04

At 8/8/23 12:10 AM, BlankFacedRobot wrote:

EDIT: Sorry for the quality, nothing I'm doing is making it any better. RIP, see ya'll whenever or come the start of September once my hiatus ends!

Such sick design,cant wait for you to comw back!

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-08-08 03:17:51

At 8/8/23 12:10 AM, BlankFacedRobot wrote:

HELL YEA

BBS Signature

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-09-02 10:37:12

iu_1066744_7162265.webp

Forgot his chin marks but WHATEVER, I am back! First concept been done but I've been personally busy with a couple things.

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2023-12-26 07:27:48

iu_1135380_7162265.webp

Been a hot minute but I assure you all, I've been hard at work studying art stuff and improving since my last journal post. I'm redoing and making character references as I do some thumbnailing and studying up on more art stuff. S. Venris though, she be looking really good now I've gotten better! Onwards to 2024!

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2024-01-11 09:03:01

At 4/14/23 05:17 AM, BlankFacedRobot wrote: So, trying an illustration for the first time in FOREVER. Kind of going after that old cover concept but doing it properly, with characters properly designed. This is just one of many thumbnails I made sure to make clearer.

Been a WHILE since I really... was anywhere other than in my head. SO, here ya'll go for a minute.

iu_1145031_7162265.webp

iu_1145030_7162265.webp

I still have the full thing but this illustration was a bust, I couldn't finish it after certain things happened. So, I'm gonna redo this. From scratch, again. My art has improved vastly since May of last year when this was all drawn out. Thankfully, I now only have support surrounding me and I feel wholly inspired to continue this after finishing an illustration for a good art friend for his webcomic efforts for Christmas.

If ya'll want me to post the whole thing, lemme know. It's far from finished but because of my art growth it's gonna look severely out of place to continue with it.

Response to BlankRobo's Art Thread [NSFW potential warning] 2024-02-27 05:22:59

A post with some things I've done, won't complete, and am working on! Still dealing with medical stuff, so not out the woods on that front yet. But I'm still trying my best to work on things.