00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top entries from 11/11/2022!

848 Views | 7 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Top entries from 11/11/2022! 2022-11-12 04:13:05

Congrats to the NEWGROUNDS!!!

And winners overall!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

I think number 1's a number 2.

Copypasta incoming!

There's a reason why people here don't like 5 second meme clips. Compared to something like Madness Combat, where 5+ minute episodes take months to produce and are carefully crafted masterpieces that still hold up for years to come, whereas with the meme clip, the most time-consuming process, ie. animating, may take no more than 2-3 days, sometimes 1 day or less. The 5 second meme clip is naturally quicker to produce than anything over 5 minutes or even 1 minute, thus giving it an unfair advantage.
Normally, the community will lower the scores in the form of fair voting, but when you bring in an audience of young impressionable fans who don't know any better, who are used to short-form content as seen on TikTok, Reels or YouTube, and have poor tastes in humor, they're gonna vote 5 regardless. Eventually, this type of content then becomes the new norm and as a result and site becomes a toxic hellhole and eventually overshadows any real talents or quality. Let this be a lesson for anyone who wants to publish short-form content here.

Response to Top entries from 11/11/2022! 2022-11-14 05:48:56

At 11/12/22 09:33 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: I think number 1's a number 2.

Copypasta incoming!

The fact that it featured a great NG celebrity in the lead probably in some manner influenced the score this time too.

I agree with the copypasta, but when said meme somehow incorporates NG culture it still feels fun IMO. Like we're part of a bigger picture. That said homage to us somehow spans outside these walls; brings us towards a broader Internet horizon...

BBS Signature

Response to Top entries from 11/11/2022! 2022-11-14 06:44:54

At 11/14/22 05:48 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:

Copypasta incoming!
The fact that it featured a great NG celebrity in the lead probably in some manner influenced the score this time too.

I agree with the copypasta, but when said meme somehow incorporates NG culture it still feels fun IMO. Like we're part of a bigger picture. That said homage to us somehow spans outside these walls; brings us towards a broader Internet horizon...

Come on, it's Twitter. We don't need their bullshit.

Response to Top entries from 11/11/2022! 2022-11-14 08:43:46

At 11/14/22 06:44 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote:

Copypasta incoming!

Said animation actually features us winning over Twitter though...

BBS Signature

At 11/14/22 08:43 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:

Copypasta incoming!

Tis a bittersweet victory though.

If FNF had taught us anything, it's that we don't need any more Twitter babies coming here and making it worse for everyone.

At 11/14/22 08:49 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote:
At 11/14/22 08:43 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:

Copypasta incoming!

Tis a bittersweet victory though.

If FNF had taught us anything, it's that we don't need any more Twitter babies coming here and making it worse for everyone.

Mmm, on the one hand I definitely don't want NG culture to change to the point it's all just memes and politics, on the other it seems newer audiences almost appreciate our history more than we do at this point; pay homage to OG characters all the more.

It's pretty cool to see IMO! The new's not all bad.

BBS Signature