00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BOTTO-NG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Forgotten tales.

783 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Forgotten tales. 2022-11-01 16:30:16

Hello. I want to upload my writing on newgrounds. Project i called 'Forgotten tales', and upload a new chapters here. Gonna look forward how it will turn out

Exposition

Once upon a time, there was a four continents with their own kingdoms on them. And at least once a century, one kingdom will go to war with another. At the end, all kingdoms literally lies at the point of edge. One wrong step, and the war starts once again. This will surely cause some crucial damage to citizens' lives and even more. And at this point, the group of certain people from all four kingdoms decides to stop this endless cycles of bloodship and unite their homes into one most powerful nation of all times. This organisation was called ‘The Unity of four nations’, whose circle included influential people, ready for anything for the sake of a common goal. It was led by four chancellors, the most powerful souls in this organisation from each nation respectively.

The head of archives from Elestrum, the royal alchemist of Techrose, the captain of royal knights from Sanderena and the economy ministry from Bagludis. These four very different people with different kingdoms ruled the organisation and prepared their plan to fulfill organisation desire. Once they found the solution and almost succeeded, an unexpected event happened, causing the entire world into an apocalypse. The dimensional rifts start to open everywhere, causing distortions and anomalies to rise to change the world. The unseen from nowhere monsters start to spread, wiping out even some fearless of the warriors. And royalties was not been able to survive this new threat, meaning the end of the crowns. The Elestrum fall to the void beckoning maw. Sanderena became a heaven for the worst of the worst, who seeks a safe place. And Bagludis became a frozen wasteland, when life can barely exist.

The members of ‘Unity of four’ disappeared, especially Chauncelors. And the world begin slowly dying, the legacy of old years starts to being forgotten, and everybody wish only to survive another day in this chaos.

What happened that day, who caused that and how to fix everything ? The answers lies in the point of beginning of this madness.

Response to Forgotten tales. 2022-11-02 00:23:41 (edited 2022-11-02 00:26:27)

Chapter one: Torch of beginning. 1/3

Sandarena’s continent was mostly a desert area, you will always find red sand in your boots. You can have a fortune to find an oasis or perhaps a safe place to stay like a village or maybe an armored caravan will give you some supplies. At the center of the island lands a non-active volcano Garganta. The capital was built in its place, and the royal castle was built inside. However the volcano now serves as shelter for the survivors with its massive cave system. Most of them belonged to a demon race, native people of this kingdom. Some of them have thorns, some tails, some even wings. And sometimes they have two or three attributes at the same time. Their skin tones take red and black colors, same goes for their attributes. Of course, there are exceptions. But the tales about them should be told another time. For now on, let’s hear the story about one brave soul.

The echoes of running legs spread across the cavern. A ground vibration follows the race. But who participates in that ? On the line of run, the first place is taken by a young girl. Red hair, dark cloak, and black horns. She has slightly dark skin, gray eyes and smug face. She wore crimson fully closed clothes with a cloak. The pursuer was a big worm-like creature, who hopped out from the ground in random directions. Still, knowing exactly what it wants to eat. On the other side, the girl seems to know exactly where she is going. The smirk on her face tells she is enjoying the chase. Perhaps she likes danger or challenges ? At some moment, the girl turned left, withdrawing a little sharpening knife. And when the worm follows after, she cuts a rope. The pursuer finds itself being penetrated by a trap with spiked-like rocks. A simple design, created by some of the survivors in the shelter. Pretty useful for those who collect resources in the caverns. Meat, ores, plants. And possibly even more. The girl who activated the trap in time began to skin her catch.

– Heheheh… Sangria one, dumbass zero! – Victorious sayed demon, named herself Sangria. She separates meat and shell parts, which allowed that worm to dig tunnels in the rock caverns. If she gots lucky, she can obtain something really valuable from these parts. Perhaps trading it with some of the merchants. – Alright, time to go home.

After putting everything in the sacs, she takes a path to her home. Following her good memory, she can recall where she came from and how to come back. Besides, her hideout wasn't far away from the trap. Some time later, she saw it. The small village in a cave, with houses made from different materials: from the different scrap to stone bricks.The villagers were also very different from themselves: Demons like Sangria, humans from different cultures, some creatures even have the animal parts, or looked like humanoid animals themselves.

She walked through the village, saying hello to some villagers. At some point she stopped by some kids, who played with the ball. She joined the play a bit, by using her legs. As she continued, she sold the worm shells and walked right into her home. It was the biggest stone break house here, which apparently has a forge on the courtyard. The entrance and ceiling here seems ten plus feet tall. What kind of family is supposed to live here ? Sure, one of the family members must be really tall. Speaking of which, Sangria saw a huge figure in a cloak. She’s probably at least nine feet tall, which explains why the ceiling was so high. The giant seems to have a conversation with a regular sized man, who holds a map. Next to his feet was a wooden box. The content was unknown for now. However the figure turned behind on the sound of the steps. It was clearly a woman's face: Red skin, gray eyes and huge black horns. A pink tuft of hair was visible from the hood. The rest of the body was closed with dark cloth and some kind of armor, but it was seen that a figure had a female body type. She also hides her left hand in clothing and bandanas. The right hand simply was hidden by a metal glove. The woman simply smiled at the girl's presence.

– Welcome back, little sunflower. How was the hunt ? – Asked a woman with a rough, but gentle voice.

– Well, mother… Trap did work. But I only lured one adaworm. But sure his meat would be enough for a week.

Mother only giggles in aswear.

– Well see about that. But for now, time for trials

– Oh, did they arrive ? – She step forward, drawing all her attention to the wooden box like a child who just got his birthday present.

The man who was a company to the mother was in bronze colored armor with black cloak. On his chest was a badge of Merchants guild. Despite being in a literal apocalypse, they still function like never before. Except the change of prices and even higher risk on the roads.

– That was a good day to make a business with you, miss Vivien. – The merchant bowed before the ladies, and quickly left for his troupe in the shelter. Sangria didn't even bother to wait, and rushed to the box immediately. Alongside the other things, she took a few things: the black hilt for the sword with the rose ornament, and red big metal crabbard with black locket and chape. The smile of the child who finally received her birthday gift. Vivien only giggled in her daughter's rush.

– Now I really wonder what your weapon is going to look like. Especially after your cosmetic request for the sword parts.

– Worry not, I only wonder if the blade will fit – answered Sangria and run right to the furnace. Behind this construction was a box, where Sangria kept the very interesting looking-like blade: The sections were covered in small bits, like a saw. They did not move, but the slash cuts from this weapon would be really terrifying. She started constructing her weapon. Everything fits perfectly, even crabbard washt have any problems with bits. – Now I should name you… Sunthorn!

Vivien only only laughed by even more overjoyed daughter, while approached the her child. She hugged behind, without any force. Then she placed an empty wooden box on anvil.

– Alright. Show me how your weapon is going to cut. – With those words, Sangria nodded and quickly tried her weapon by making a single slash. The container did not survived the attack, making the user smail. She did it. She created a perfect weapon. Traditions of demons was been very specific. When they choose their lifepath, they must create their tools. It could be anything. From almost harmless things such as pans, teapots or even pens to various weapons: Blades, pistols, hamners and more. Even the heir to the throne must forge they symbol of rule. As for Sangria, its two things: The first is her blade that she finally made, and the second one… She already weared them. The prototype of her boots, also known in other worlds as sneakers, came out from the dimensional rifts one day. Not only are they comfortable to wear, but they also make it easy to… Dance.

Later that day, both of them were in their house waiting for fried worm meat to be done. Sangria practiced dancing movements, while Vivien sat in front of a stone furnace. Their house was big, sure. But they only had one big room where they currently are, one bedroom, one storage and one attic. The last is always locked, and Vivien keeps a key with herself.

– I still remember when you only learned how to walk. Now you are ready to dance on the big stage, the entire world will be yours to explore. – Spoked Vivien, checking out their dinner.

– It’s a shame you are not going to accompany me, mother. – Answered Sangria, ending her dance training and sitting down at the table. – But… You still never told me about some stuff. Like, you never told me about your past, or who’s my father ? Yes you said you were a gladiator, and my father was a human. But I would like to hear more from you. Like, the full history.

Vivien only sighed. She pulled dinner out of the oven and covered the pole, not forgetting the cutlery.

Response to Forgotten tales. 2022-11-02 00:25:14 (edited 2022-11-02 00:26:40)

2/3

– Since you are going to leave, according to our traditions… He was not a regular man. When I met him for the first time, I never really liked the idea of having a life partner. But your father was able to charm me. It’s like he read me like a book. Besides, he was a warrior too. Not as strong as me, but definitely could pull up a wild card. – She cutted a meat in half, making two portions for both of them. – But I would like to talk about something really important. If you go around our broken world, i want to ask you to deliver something to a… A person. He lives in Elestrum capital.

– But isn't Elestrum infested with void ? You always said the void is a materia from the underworld ? Like, I don't want to go to hell! – Asked Sangria, what makes Vivien smile a bit.

– Materia doesn't mean entrance, sunshine. But sure you need to be careful there. Never know what to expect from void. But I'm sure you can handle anything that stands in your way. Not only I taught you everything I know, but also you sure have your own style. Your movement is like a bright and warming fire. And you can strike with the power of a thousand demons. – Of course the last one was an overstatement. But she did well to chear up her daughter. – The name of my mail receiver is a person named Raymond Malferon.

– Sure, I can try to deliver it… Elestrum is a north continent, right ? – Vivien nodded, finally starting to eat her meal. Sangria followed her, using a fork and knife. – Anyway… What a chance i will encounter one of those Chaucelors from your fairy tale ?

On that moment, Vivien slightly choked from that unpredicted question. Sangria looked at her with almost a prankster smile.

– You should even try to meet them. They are dangerous people. They destroyed our kingdoms in one day. The power they hold is unmatched with anything I have seen.

– I know, I know. I will stand at a very safe distance from them.

She chuckled, but Vivien at least knew for sure, her daughter not going for a battle she couldn't win. After the last family gatherings for now, both ladies went to sleep. The next morning was finally the day. The sun rises through, illuminating the cracks in the caves with its rays. That gives a sign to a bell keeper. Apparently the day and night system in these caves was unique for those who lived here. There are people who live close enough to surface. They can see through cracks and holes, if sunlight pierces through them, and ring a bell to tell the people if there was a day or night. Loud echoes of different numbers of bell ringing go through cave shelters: twelve bells means the beginning of a new day, and six means the end of it.

Sangria hated that noise. It was just too loud and rough to wake up. However her mother for some reason didn’t share the same thoughts with her. Infact, she was waiting outside, for Sangria. Meanwhile, the girl herself only got up from the bed. Quickly she dressed up in her regular outfit, picked up sockets with her stuff and of course her new sword. When the morning routine was done, she stepped out of her house. 

– Good morning Sunshine. It's a big day in your life. Make it through with honor. – Vivien met a girl with full mother love in her eyes. She places her massif on the Sangria’s shoulder – You can travel with a caravan. With that, you can safely travel to the nearest harbor. Then it's up to you to find a boat to Elestrum or Techrose. But I would gladly recommend traveling to Elestrum first.

– Sure mom. Thank you for your care, I really appreciate this. – Sangria hugged, knowing for sure she was gonna miss this place. And the warmth of her mother. But adventures await, and she can’t miss them. She finally said her goodbyes and walked to the caravan. It was a large gathering of people dressed as merchants in bronze armors, harnessing their carts to what looked like camels with shell armor. Some of the merchants looked edgier, wearing a cold and firearm weapons. Blades, axes, maces, crossbows, pistols and more. Seems like they have experience in battle, meaning they were pretty much preparad to the any kind of threat. So neither is Sangria, who starts to help out her current companions. Most of the caravan stuff is resources for survival: Food, medicine, weapons and more, basically meaning it was all for those who lived in known shelters.

After all preparations, the movement began. The group of 50 different lives, including Sangria and nine camels with shells and carts with stuff that has apparently been called Shemels, make it to the exit of shelter. The red desert lay right in front of them, as much as possible dangers. Few hours passed. Sangria have an opportunity to sit in one of the carts with some people around. She listened to their stories of travels: How they traded with others, going through unique places and defending their caravans from a lot of dangerous foes. Sangria listened to it all very carefully, draining all important information like a sponge. Everything she heard can be really helpful in her journey. Especially information about dangerous and some merchants' battle styles, experience and tricks they can share.

– So, young lady… Did you know about field advantage ? – asked one of the merchants.

– First, I'm nineteen. – Answered Sangria, pointing out her age. – Second, let's take your crossbow for example sir. We are literally in the middle of the desert, it's open from everywhere. It’s not good if you don't have a hide to reload, or when you don't have any other weapon.

– Huh. – The merchant was surprised. – For somebody who only wield sword you really know how to use them.

– Are you surprised, Genos ? – One of the female merchants joins the conversation – Just because the bird gets out of the nest, she has no knowledge ?

The old merchant Genos only chuckled, while a third guest joined. He was younger than the rest of his colleagues, but older than Sangria.

– Enough about combat, let's talk about something else. For example, did you know the Angel order puts a bounty on "Moon Sirene' ? – He definetly draw Sangria's attention by mentioning order and bounty.

– Aren't " Moon Sirene' one of the Champions ? Like, one of the most powerful persons who is really powerful to fight the rift beasts ?

– Yes, she is. But they didn't tell bounty reason, but sure gonna pay a lot for her head.

– And how much ?

– Five milliard coins

Two merchants were surprised hearing the number.

– In Techrose on that money you literally are not going to work anymore. But sure, the bounty is really suspicious… – Though out loud female merchant, and on that moment movement stopped. – Huh, what happened ?

The young one looked out from cart and said:

– We made a stop at Oasis, just about time. – And indeed, the entire caravan made a pitstop to fill their water supplies and feed the Shemels. The sun gradually went below the horizon, the day was about to be over. Group decides to make a camp for tonight. Lighting fires, preparing dinner and just relaxing after a long day of wandering on the sand.

Response to Forgotten tales. 2022-11-02 00:28:34

3/3

That evening goes pretty smoothly. The night was promising too, however the rising sandstorm and loud noises from the north didn't look promising. Merchants immediately prepared for any outcome, but they noticed something strange. There wasn't any wind or cloud in any way they were looking, so naturally a sandstorm wasn't supposed to happen. This made them even more worried, and even withdrew their weapons. Sangria looked at the entire party, gathered to meet the unknown. She was also prepared, but she was nervous. Its possibly her first ever big fight, it came out sooner than expected. But she was confident in her powers and skills. It's just needed to be proven in battle. At the time, Sandstorm approached very closely. The silhouettes of people who were riding something appeared, and something big behind them. Perhaps that was the source of the storm. The more they approached, the more their appearance was revealed, A people in fully closed clothing with some armor parts, wearing protection from sand. They raided on big lizard creatures, with eye lens covers. And finally, the giant object: A big sand elemental, trapped in a cage with runes. It is not difficult to guess that it is he who is the cause of this storm. But it seems the only thing that keeps him out is magic. While everybody was standing for approaching storm, Sangria sneakily took from the caravan carts her own set of sand goggles.

Finally, the possible raiders appeared to stand in front of the merchants. And their possible leader in red armor and big hammer stepped down from its lizard, casually approached the group:

– Good evening, dear travellers. I can see you got thirsty for the moon rise ? Quite a good spot you got there. May we join ?

– What do you want, scum ? – Old merchant stepped out from the group with his halberd.

– Oh. Just to trade with you, good sir. Your lives for your good. Seems fair, sir.

– If you didn't noticed son, we have a good advantage in numbers. Even with you elemental puppet.

– Quality over quantity, old man. I thought you know this well. – After his words, his group laughed.

– Both are important. If you want to prove otherwise, then come and get me! – After that, the sides enter into a big scuffle. Surprisingly, the Raiders have advantage, all because their leader properly manipulated Elemental power. And while they were busy, Sangria took the opportunity to sneak behind the invaders. She knowed well:  if you want to use the Elementals powers, you need to master their element. If her theory is correct, she can disable the runes that control Sand Elemental with her fire. And then break them like glass.

Sangria tooked her time in order to disable the runes. She knew somebody would notice her, so she worked fast but carefully. Casting her fire on the runes, carefully walk around the cage and taking them down one by one. Elemental watched her, while his powers were being used against merchants. There was only the last one left, and when she started to burn it, she was noticed by one of the rangers with a crossbow. He shot, but because of the sandstorm wind hit her shoulder. She held back her scream and turned sharply to the left shooter. And when he starts to reload, tiefling summons a fire whip in right hand and quickly disarms the shooter and pulls him to her. Then she smashed the final rune with his face. The raider screamed from pain, but then quickly got absorbed by sands. The elemental was released, and went vengeful for his imprisonment. Raiders being devoured by raging sand, accompanied by their screams. Even a leader in red armor wasn't left aside. After that, Sand Elemental bowed before Sangria and left with peace.

Response to Forgotten tales. 2023-03-31 23:42:17

Chapter two: Sailed deal of united sea.

The smell of medicine, the sound of dripping blood and the doctor's hand. In the Caravan doctor’s cabin on the table lies Sangria with only black bando. Her top clothing was lying on another table, right next to bandages, medicinal ointment and an arrow that pierced her. Despite being injured only once, the wound actually was deep enough. It didn't make contact with bone though, but Sangria would definitely require some rest and reducing physical activity so that the wound heals completely. That's what atleast doctor is saying:

– Does that mean I'm not allowed to dance for the rest of the days ? – Asked Tiefling with a sad note in her voice.

– Well, you still can do some movement. But don't press your arm and don't mash it too hard. Since I used my magic, I would give it a few days. For now, why don't you join the rest and relax in front of the campfire ? – Suggested a man with a crow mask, giving her clothing and helping to get up from the table.

– Well, sure. – She put on her coat, and moved out of the cabin. While some of the merchants buried their fallen comrades, the others took their time. Sitting in front of a fire, checking their supplies in case of anything and just resting for the next day. Sangria decides to sit down around the fire, but the attention to her has been quickly caught by the group.

– That's a girl who took down all raiders! – Screamed oddly familiar masculine figure. Perhaps that was a young merchant from before ? And not only he was here, but also an old merchant named Genos. The merchants didn't have their helmets, and their faces could be seen. For Genos, he looked like he was sounded: An old Elf with long ears, Dark skin and white beard. He was an Abyss elf, and seems to have travelled a lot and definitely knew more than any other merchants in this group. The young one from before was a Anifaunos: A cat looking humanoid with orange color and blue eyes.

– I must admit, young lady… You really caught them off guard. How did you come up with the plan to release the elemental ? – Asked Genos, taking a slip from his water bag.

– My mom told me a story about how she defeated one, but a fire one. She told me Elementals are usually passive creatures that can give you a part of their power. Or kill them if you want it all. –  Calmly answered tiefling, with gestures asking for water. After making a sip, she continued. – There’s only two ways to defeat elementals: You elemental magic is supposed to be strong as an opponent, or you could use the opposite element. For example, I simply turned sand runes into glass. Basically disable them.

The entire troupe was surprised by her ingenuity.

— Huh, this red armored sandsucker talked so much about his treasure hunting, but got ashamed by a child. Oh wait, he gots sucked by sand – Everybody burst into laughter, except for Sangria. She doesn't really understand the concept of a joke he tries to make. Plus once again, she didn't even think about herself as a child.

– Thank you for honor, but he could really mess you up if I didn't intervene. – Rudely sayed Sangria, which makes an old man angry a bit. But quickly calmed down, because she knew she was right. The other merchants get interested in how it will turn out.

– Yes… You got me here. If you didn't release elemental, then we would get it out alive. – He took a sip from a waterbug, but continued – Are you happy now ? Let's just celebrate this peaceful night then. Monzo, play something.

One of the merchants quickly takes a trip and back for a musical instrument. It has a strums, but also has a horn on it. He started to play an energetic melody. Surprisingly, Sangria actually enjoyed this music. She shaking her head to the rhythm, and her legs wanted to dance. Now the doctor said not doing anything with the injured hand. But as long as she doesn't press it, nothing can stop her from moving. She gets up from the sand, and moved to the oasis. Then her legs started to move in front of the water, and her hands moved to different sides. She moved with grace and inner harmony. She only listened to music, nothing else. The moon shines in her poses, the water reflects her body. A small dance, she is doing only for herself. While moving, she has thoughts about having an actual performance. Take place to the big scene, and like fire, dancing until she gots tired. But she would be happy. A desire that can bring happiness. Now, a lot of people desire just to survive another day. And some of them wish to help them like merchants. But the other categories have their own dreams to be dreamed.

While she was performing, the only audience in face of the merchants discussed what they saw.

– This girl has so much life in her… I wonder if I will see her bloom one day in this cursed world. – Said old Genos, while taking another sip of water. Some of them thought about the same.

The new day rises. The caravan was in full move and when the sun reach zenith, they finally arrived at the Ruber harbor. The place is mostly runned by merchants, mercenaries, remains of fleets from different kingdoms and more. The locals worked hand by hand, especially with those who defends them from any threat. Yet, it have some shady business around it. Sometimes you can see her as outlaws from the desert, or troopers in fully closed armor, carrying something that resembles a rifle. The last one has specific symbols on their shoulder plate armor. A cocoon-like object with a bird-like wing, resembles an angel or something. Despite being in small numbers, the locals never ever wanted to cross their paths. No matter what. However, they still end up in conflicts with local pirates and ship owners. That's at least what everybody tells to Sangria. While she was lying in one of the carts, some merchants shared what they knew about this place. It was fun to travel with these people, she thought. However, now she's going on her own. When the caravan movements stopped, it was time to leave. She opened the door of her cabin and took a step out to the smell of fish, alcohol and more. The smells Sangria never knows, but surely already have opinions on them: The fish smell sometimes smelled good and sometimes really bad so much, Sangria would close her nose. But the other smell was… Interesting. She liked that romantic smell of wine. Perhaps she could explore this location for more. After all, her current task is to find a way to get into Elestrum and deliver a letter to a man named Reimond. The most oblivious way to do that is to take a ship. The problem is to convince somebody to take her on a boat. And it will become even more problematic since she isn't even sure if she even can afford that in terms of her current currency. Especially if she encounters a very greedy captain. And if of course something terrible might happen with her, if she won't be careful.

In order to learn about local sailmans, she decided to walk around the town and eavesdrop there. She finally entered the harbor, and saw the reasons for the smells before: A lot of drunkards leaving from local bars and taverns. Seems like today is a special party or something. As for the fish smell, she saw in the distance how a lot of people were around the port, loading off a lot of fish on the battle looking like ships. A victorious day seems ?  Perhaps she could sneak onto one of the ships, but definitely wouldn't take a risk. She didn't know what was going on, and who knows where she would end up. And that's why she definitely needs to hear the town's gossip. A visit to the most known bar would be helpful, that's what Sangria thought. She saw a huge tavern with its own yard, lot of people and even more. Everything for the travellers to stay, just for their coins. And sure enough, there will be a lot of information to speak about.

Response to Forgotten tales. 2023-03-31 23:44:22

She entered the building, the party was in its own chaos: Drinking alcohol, contests in duels and gambling games with cards and dice. It doesn't treat Sangria much, she calmly walks through this mess to the bar. She sit down and looked at the barmen with a very long nose like an anteater, thats atleast how she sees him.

– What i can do for a young lady ? I can't guarantee you are older than eighteen, so i'm not gonna sell alcohol. – Asked barmen with a multitone voice, casually clearing one of cups.

– Just one berry juice, I'm not here to drink anyway. – She pulled out a hand of coins and placed them on the table. – I'm here for local news and for recommendations for travelling to other nations.

Barmen looked at her with some curiosity, and started to count coins.

– Daring today, aren't we ? – After counting and giving her odds, he took from the boxes a bottle of juice and served it to the girl. – The information cost will be free, but if you are gonna ask something … Private, then I will tell you the price. What do you want ?

– For example, I would like to learn in what honor today's celebration. – She took a sip of juice and continued – And as i said before, i need to know how to travel to other nation.

– Yesterday, our local salesman took down a mermaid queen. What Angel order couldn't do in months! We can finally swim and catch fish safely across the sea, without this fishy primidone and her illusion traps. – He laughed then continued. – I guess it's your lucky day, girl from a shelter. The prices of travel ships are supposed to go down now. 

– Wait, how do you know where I come from ?

– Based on how you don't know about the local events, I thought you were a travelling demon from the desert. I have a lot of experience here, girl. – He took another cup to clear. – Speaking of, you may find somebody here to hire to deliver you to where you want.

– Hm, alright. Thanks for the juice. – She finished her drink and looked around. The atmosphere here was surely chaotic. Almost everyone is drunk in freedom from a huge threat, forgetting themself and losing their shame or even rational thinking. But those who know it may quickly use that opportunity for themself, if of course the target fits those two criterias. Those who's impatient to find out will came to ruin.

– And for what purpose you need to go away, while you can have all fun here? – asked a pirate looking guy, who seems didn't even touched the bottle. A smuggling blonde guy with a pirate looking outfit. Sangria turned her face on him and examine him. – After all my lady, we celebrating our victory against sea beast! 

– And you i guess you some kind of jerk who decides to use situation in you're scheme?

The man got stunned for a second while demoness returns to her juice. Then he replied with pure shock

– Wait, how?!

– Well, your surprised face and speech proved me everything. I couldn't use your completely new set of clothing as evidence since you may have just washed it a while ago. But you revealed all by yourself.

The man got silent. He wasn't able to pick any word, only trying to just open his mouth. Crowd that noticed this extreme failure laughed as they wanted. Some of them on the other hand felt bad for a loser. But in overall, atmosphere didn't change even a little. 

– Well, but what about a small talk? Ladie like you could probably use some help on your journey. – He finally found courage to continue, and took a very small chance to achieve something from this.

– Nah, I'm good. – Replied Sangria without watching him but with a small smug smirk, what destroyed that man's hope and he retired into dark of the crowd. And quickly something from it appeared. It was again a male, covered in green scales. He had yellow braids, and his outfit once again looked like a pirate time. This time though, he had bondages over his body and big plaster over half of right hand. He took a moment to sit down right next to Sangria, observing her. Young demon watched at new person too, but with caution. She could say he went through a lot, yet wasn't been sure about faunos goals.

— To be frak wit you, we only returned from our hunt. And ho we celebrated our victory? A long med stuff, before actual party. So, we wasn't been even able to take a bath. – Started scaled gentleman, who appears watched the scene before. His smile reveals a very sharp teeth.

– Just look at yourself. So young, beautiful. Like only yesterday borned. Ye, you appears to be already tough like clam. Violently destroying with words, but what about combat ? Can you withstood anything that stands on your way ? – Continues lizard with eyes filled with curiosity.

– Well, the head-on ways are mostly not the best choice. Think smarter, not harder. – Replied Sangria, finishing her juice. The pirate laughed.

– While being a hatchling that only get out from nest, Desert rose, you very fair to yourself and your abilities. Such a rarely these days. Most of beginners dont have such traits. Impressive. I'm Sqail, navigator on captain Jess ship. We the ones who took out mermaid queen. And have a plans for peaceful traveling to Elestrum. 

– And why you telling me this ? Like, did you just placed your ear for me ? 

– My fault, I was looking forward for guys like him. – He turns his head on two strong looking sailors having a chit-chat with fake one, who tried to charm other females here. He looked downed in fear. – People like him tries to claim our glory for own advantages. Our captain would be pleased if we would teach them their place. 

– I see. But did you came to praise me or something ?

Lizard sailor took a token from his pocket and showed it to tiefling. There was a sea serpent, swirling around skull on it. 

– More like rewarding you for job you didn't signed on. – Said Sqail, putting token for Sangria view. – We have a struggle to identify fakers, so you could say you been a glorious bait. And it paying off. I understand that this could sound like you win a jackpot by a complete luck. But I may give you a spot in our upcoming shipment into Elestrum. We only had a two days, so choose now. 

While "Desert rose' looked at symbol, she remembered from the books about tradition of showcasing your crew token. Basically confirming that you are able to sail through United sea with crew. 

– … I'm in. – Answered tieflings shortly returning token back. This entire day was spent realising faunos plan. Sometimes the encounters was simply other sailors who drives themselves in uncontrol with alcohol. But on other hand they got some luck with copycats. In total they found three, but for Sqail it was enough. Turns out they all young people, coming from one school in this harbor. Young souls who decides to try their fate. What will happen to them next was not Sangria concern. But probably this information will get to parent figures, and they will decide their punishment she thought. As sun slowly goes to set for this day, slowly goes the duo to the port. Theres was a lot of ships, and each their crew was on place. They approaches the one with metallical armor, covering wooden vessel. It also had serpent statue in front of it, and on their flags. Sangria already witnesses eyes on her by crew, seemingly having questions to faunos that leads her here. They doesht looked aggressive, more like confused by stranger on a board. 

Once the pair gets on steering wheel area of ship, they witnessed a pale red skinned female figure in black clothes having dinner, watching sunset.

– Captain, may I speak with you for a moment ?

– You brought a stranger on my ship, and now want to talk about it, right ? – Told straightforward women, turning her head on young people. She was a demoness, middle age, having only one black horn on left side. 

– Em, yes… – Awkwardly answered Sqail, quickly turning his eyes on both demons. They looked at each other in almost dead silence, excluding a noise of crew, harbor and sea. 

– I'm just curious, but what happened to your horn? Demon horns are good representation of skill and age, but…

Response to Forgotten tales. 2023-03-31 23:45:16

– I lost it in battle in the past. – Quickly answered the captain to red haired yongling of her kind. – Let me guess, you only get out from your nest, bookworm?

– Bookworm ? I mean, I'm started to travel like a day ago. And already have a punch with desert thieves with merchants

– But can you withstand a group all alone? Or at least win a duel against a more powerful opponent? –  Cozy continued captain, relaxing in the chair after dinner with seafood.

– Depends. Im not great fighter for open field. But im sure have tricks in close areas. 

– … Welcome on board, kid. – She gets off from chair, casually approaching Sangria. Both of them turns out we're the same height. – Captain Jessica. But on this ship I should be called as captain. Get it?

As Sangria silently noad, Jessica returned to her dish. Meanwhile, Sqail returned to his maps, making a route with his black pen. The ink was black and dark as the night where ship of Serpent crew took their way into Elestrum. While most of them were sleeping, only a few individuals was on deck. Demoness was among them, silently gazing upon stars. Another silence that only trembles by sound of waves. 

Vital spirit, ay? – Jessica approached her from behind with bottle of rum in her hand, suggestion a young one to try. 

– No thanks. But I'm just not tired at all. I've been alone for two days and i surprised how I didn't encountered any rift things that everyone talking to. 

– Because for some reason Sanderena is a free heaven. There hasn't been any record of rifts. But on the other hand, every single scum abuse this to raid survivors from other kingdoms. While Elestrum cursed by the abyss 's endless night presence, Techrose infested with monster's and Angel order and Bagludis a land with no life… You can say our home is ruined by desperate mindful creatures like us. 

Sangria took deep thought about this information while watching the water. As it seems water simply reflects stars, the lights surround the vessel. In close distance it turns out this lights have humanoid silhouettes. And there was s lot of them. It was to late to notice them already, as they jump out of the water to ship using they sharp claws. Creatures had fish tales and two big wing-like flippers on their backs. They were covered in blue scales, and in face looked like an abomination between human and fish with yellow eyes. Some of them have long tongues coming out from their mouths. They firstly stroke down all light sources they can see, leaving their target in almost complete darkness. 

Females jumped back from them. Captain smirked, while Sangria nervously took her sword. The rest of crew who saw that already set up alarms with bells. 

– Seems like childrens decides to avenge their mommy. TO WEAPONS! – She withdraw her pistol and sword, starting blasting and slicing monsters that's approached her. Mermaids was ruthless and violent, screeching with anger in their voices. They rushed to all crew members that was appearing from the ship. Despite being skilled, monsters taking them by numbers striking them with claws and handmade spears. 

– So that's the mermaids?! Never gonna believe fairy tail ever again. – Young demon joined the massacre too, unwillingly. One of the mermaids was able to sneak behind her and hit her face with a long tongue. That shocked her for a moment, then she retaliates with combo of fire whip and her sword. – Eeeew, their tongues are disgusting! 

With complaint, Sangria only now notices how the entire ship was swarmed by these creatures, having a wish to kill everyone they see. The sound of firearm and metal swing cuts through silent night, but the situation was on the monster side. They already tore apart some members on the ship. 

Torches went into battle for a reason. They were mostly used not only to light up situations, but also to scare them away. Once Sangria noticed that, she started to use more fire magic in her attacks. But she was stopped by one of the sailors, who turns out to be Sqail. 

– You can burn a ship with that! 

– And what do you suggest?! I can literally burn them all if I continue to use magic!.. Wait, do you have spare canvas? 

– Yes. And our ship have technology to change it if current one will receive damage. But you insane! 

– I surprised you got my idea. – With a smirk, she set the ship canvas on fire by a single fireball. She seemed to enjoy what she just did. But the rest didn't, especially sea monsters. A brightful flame blind them, scares some away and just makes killing them easier. After some time, they started to retreat back into depths of sea under crew's joyful exclamations. And on same time the same crew extinguishing burning canvas. For the rest of the night, ship successfully arrived to sunrise on other continent.

Response to Forgotten tales. 2023-04-01 15:05:57

At 3/31/23 11:45 PM, DarkonWave wrote: – I lost it in battle in the past. – Quickly answered the captain to red haired yongling of her kind. – Let me guess, you only get out from your nest, bookworm?

– Bookworm ? I mean, I'm started to travel like a day ago. And already have a punch with desert thieves with merchants

– But can you withstand a group all alone? Or at least win a duel against a more powerful opponent? – Cozy continued captain, relaxing in the chair after dinner with seafood.

– Depends. Im not great fighter for open field. But im sure have tricks in close areas. 

– … Welcome on board, kid. – She gets off from chair, casually approaching Sangria. Both of them turns out we're the same height. – Captain Jessica. But on this ship I should be called as captain. Get it?

As Sangria silently noad, Jessica returned to her dish. Meanwhile, Sqail returned to his maps, making a route with his black pen. The ink was black and dark as the night where ship of Serpent crew took their way into Elestrum. While most of them were sleeping, only a few individuals was on deck. Demoness was among them, silently gazing upon stars. Another silence that only trembles by sound of waves. 

Vital spirit, ay? – Jessica approached her from behind with bottle of rum in her hand, suggestion a young one to try. 

– No thanks. But I'm just not tired at all. I've been alone for two days and i surprised how I didn't encountered any rift things that everyone talking to. 

– Because for some reason Sanderena is a free heaven. There hasn't been any record of rifts. But on the other hand, every single scum abuse this to raid survivors from other kingdoms. While Elestrum cursed by the abyss 's endless night presence, Techrose infested with monster's and Angel order and Bagludis a land with no life… You can say our home is ruined by desperate mindful creatures like us. 

Sangria took deep thought about this information while watching the water. As it seems water simply reflects stars, the lights surround the vessel. In close distance it turns out this lights have humanoid silhouettes. And there was s lot of them. It was to late to notice them already, as they jump out of the water to ship using they sharp claws. Creatures had fish tales and two big wing-like flippers on their backs. They were covered in blue scales, and in face looked like an abomination between human and fish with yellow eyes. Some of them have long tongues coming out from their mouths. They firstly stroke down all light sources they can see, leaving their target in almost complete darkness. 

Females jumped back from them. Captain smirked, while Sangria nervously took her sword. The rest of crew who saw that already set up alarms with bells. 

– Seems like childrens decides to avenge their mommy. TO WEAPONS! – She withdraw her pistol and sword, starting blasting and slicing monsters that's approached her. Mermaids was ruthless and violent, screeching with anger in their voices. They rushed to all crew members that was appearing from the ship. Despite being skilled, monsters taking them by numbers striking them with claws and handmade spears. 

– So that's the mermaids?! Never gonna believe fairy tail ever again. – Young demon joined the massacre too, unwillingly. One of the mermaids was able to sneak behind her and hit her face with a long tongue. That shocked her for a moment, then she retaliates with combo of fire whip and her sword. – Eeeew, their tongues are disgusting! 

With complaint, Sangria only now notices how the entire ship was swarmed by these creatures, having a wish to kill everyone they see. The sound of firearm and metal swing cuts through silent night, but the situation was on the monster side. They already tore apart some members on the ship. 

Torches went into battle for a reason. They were mostly used not only to light up situations, but also to scare them away. Once Sangria noticed that, she started to use more fire magic in her attacks. But she was stopped by one of the sailors, who turns out to be Sqail. 

– You can burn a ship with that! 

– And what do you suggest?! I can literally burn them all if I continue to use magic!.. Wait, do you have spare canvas? 

– Yes. And our ship have technology to change it if current one will receive damage. But you insane! 

– I surprised you got my idea. – With a smirk, she set the ship canvas on fire by a single fireball. She seemed to enjoy what she just did. But the rest didn't, especially sea monsters. A brightful flame blind them, scares some away and just makes killing them easier. After some time, they started to retreat back into depths of sea under crew's joyful exclamations. And on same time the same crew extinguishing burning canvas. For the rest of the night, ship successfully arrived to sunrise on other continent.

I lost interest when the demon declared victory.... Darkness falls...

Love Attacts Like a an Invivisible God in the Snow. The Devil always looses so presevire until the morning star arises in your own heart.