00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I feel like i found a new technique

163 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So, i was in the class doodle some stuff and then try some perspective When i wacj Jesse. J James How to draw video specifically sphere in perspective and then i realize "Oh, so that's how you do foreshortening", I know it's just perspective for characters but i feel founding a new technique which is very cool.

I originally want to title it as "Wow i just found a way for foreshortening" but i feel it's like a bit clickbait-y so i go with this instead

I Made Dumb Stuff

I mean, using perspective is the way to do foreshortening, so although it's not new, if something clicked for you, good! Perspective and foreshortening aren't just connected, they're really just two words for the same principle.

If you want to take things further, I'd recommend looking at how to rotate objects in perspective. Obviously not all parts of a posed body are gonna face the same direction, so knowing how to rotate shapes in a way that keeps the same focal length as the environment is tough to grasp, but really useful to know.

Response to I feel like i found a new technique 2022-09-08 11:59:20

At 9/8/22 11:50 AM, Skoops wrote: I mean, using perspective is the way to do foreshortening, so although it's not new, if something clicked for you, good!

I call these "Ah, HA!" moments went I finally understand how to do something art related.

Response to I feel like i found a new technique 2022-09-08 12:10:33

At 9/8/22 11:59 AM, TheOtherSider wrote:
At 9/8/22 11:50 AM, Skoops wrote: I mean, using perspective is the way to do foreshortening, so although it's not new, if something clicked for you, good!
I call these "Ah, HA!" moments went I finally understand how to do something art related.

Exactly

I Made Dumb Stuff