00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cyanBYTE just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Free use font: Sincronalien (TTF)

161 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Free use font: Sincronalien (TTF) 2022-09-04 01:45:43

I made a font for aliens awhile ago, but forgot to turn it into a TTF. After @Thetageist poked me about it, I wrestled FontForge to the ground... and here ya go ;). Free use, do whatever you like.

Includes replacements for standard Latin English-alphabet characters; Arabic numerals; symbols; etc.

Download "Sincronalien" (from NG)

iu_743068_11555096.webp

Built from the the scribbles posted much earlier:

Response to Free use font: Sincronalien (TTF) 2022-09-04 02:42:52

At 9/4/22 01:45 AM, sincronikon wrote: I made a font for aliens awhile ago, but forgot to turn it into a TTF. After @Thetageist poked me about it, I wrestled FontForge to the ground... and here ya go ;). Free use, do whatever you like.

Includes replacements for standard Latin English-alphabet characters; Arabic numerals; symbols; etc.
Download "Sincronalien" (from NG)

Built from the the scribbles posted much earlier:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sincronikon/a-free-use-alien-font

Awesome! I can see the font used on lorem ipsum for background inscriptions on space ships or ancient temples. Plus i love that it is barely readable when used on english, so it really feels like your brain is attempting to translate it!

Response to Free use font: Sincronalien (TTF) 2022-09-04 05:07:50

At 9/4/22 02:42 AM, Yukosuno wrote: Awesome! I can see the font used on lorem ipsum for background inscriptions on space ships or ancient temples. Plus i love that it is barely readable when used on english, so it really feels like your brain is attempting to translate it!

Thanks! The glyphs were influenced by Latin, "Old Norse" and Cyrillic -- with nods to Mayan, Japanese, etc. I tried to imagine those who wrote on stone or clay with imprecise implements, and attempted to create a character set that would be possible to write clearly with anything -- "just alien enough", while still [hopefully] familiar to modern English readers to guess at.

It's generally possible to write this text either cursive or printed (which is why there's no upwards-"T", etc). It doesn't read well in mirrors -- but I doubt anyone would use it on an ambulance, so I'm OK with this ;).

The download includes the source file for FontForge as well as TTF, so anyone should be able to modify the character set if they want to :).

Response to Free use font: Sincronalien (TTF) 2022-09-04 14:34:32

And it's downloaded! That's going in my font collection hehehe

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature