00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it?

397 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Just out of curiosity. I certainly dislike drawing but... I can do it. Not well! But I can-

You can see what I mean on my profile I suppose <.<

ANYHOO

Just figured if I could find any less-than-passionate artists here!

The creator of Reaper's Storm! Come read it here:

https://tapas.io/series/rstorm/info

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-30 17:59:19

why you keep doin it

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-30 18:10:25

As the man said, why do it if you don't enjoy it? I doubt you are duty-bound to do it.

Unless you have a gun to your head, in which case you should probably do what they tell you.

Squid pro quo. Tits for tat.

Check out my sketches and stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-30 18:12:10

iu_739507_8014430.webp

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-30 18:24:42

At 8/30/22 06:10 PM, FlikkiShassART wrote: As the man said, why do it if you don't enjoy it? I doubt you are duty-bound to do it.

Unless you have a gun to your head, in which case you should probably do what they tell you.

I don't! As you can see, the newest art post on my profile was quite a bit ago. I draw for friend's birthdays and whatnot, and when I have a random idea or motivation spurt, but I typically dislike it-

Was moreover asking for people who draw commissions and grow tired of it, for people who can draw but have had a bad past with it, etc.-

BBS Signature

At 8/30/22 05:58 PM, PoppyTheMerpasaur wrote: Just out of curiosity. I certainly dislike drawing but... I can do it. Not well! But I can-
ANYHOO

Kinda like you there buddy, it takes me forever to finish anything and I prefer photoshopping and rendering fractals. Unfortunately, that's not allowed here. I might get away with purely abstract art which doesn't take nearly as long to make, but I haven't tried to post any of my surreal or abstract art here yet. I know Zabujard makes this sort of drawings (tho it's far more elaborate), so you might want to try that out.

Anyways I think really the only reason I'd still stick to it is because I like comics and I want to make short funny cartoons just for laughs, kinda like those political cartoonists, but instead more focusing on video games, memes and stuff like that.

Ok boomer.

BBS Signature

At 8/30/22 06:24 PM, PoppyTheMerpasaur wrote: Was moreover asking for people who draw commissions and grow tired of it, for people who can draw but have had a bad past with it, etc.-

Then maybe you should mention that in your original question instead of leaving it open ended and vague. What exactly do you want to know? Also writing some reasonings why you yourself don't like drawing would help; it'd be interesting to hear.

Do you dislike drawing, or do you dislike drawing when you have no motivation?

Squid pro quo. Tits for tat.

Check out my sketches and stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-30 19:02:46

At 8/30/22 06:44 PM, FlikkiShassART wrote:
At 8/30/22 06:24 PM, PoppyTheMerpasaur wrote: Was moreover asking for people who draw commissions and grow tired of it, for people who can draw but have had a bad past with it, etc.-
Then maybe you should mention that in your original question instead of leaving it open ended and vague. What exactly do you want to know? Also writing some reasonings why you yourself don't like drawing would help; it'd be interesting to hear.

Do you dislike drawing, or do you dislike drawing when you have no motivation?

I can't really edit the post now unfortunately, but yeah-

I dislike drawing in general, with motivation I can get something out, but there has to be a reason for me to pick up my drawing tablet

I really just dislike the feeling of inconsistency that comes with drawing, it just feels like some days I get something good out, and the next it's just dogshit no matter how much I work on it...

That and it just takes forever.

I used to enjoy it, but with time I found I'm just much more of a writer is all!

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-30 20:02:24

At 8/30/22 06:36 PM, CyberRobotnix wrote:
Kinda like you there buddy, it takes me forever to finish anything and I prefer photoshopping and rendering fractals. Unfortunately, that's not allowed here.

Photoshop is allowed if you use free-to-use images! There’s a lot of cool resources out there - my most recent image collage was made of 100% Pixabay images!

I might get away with purely abstract art which doesn't take nearly as long to make, but I haven't tried to post any of my surreal or abstract art here yet.

You should! And tell me when you do! I love that stuff!

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-31 00:21:36

I love art, but I often think that the process of drawing itself is mostly boring to me. I like seeing my ideas come to life and drawing is more of a necessity for me to get there, rather than an activity I do for fun. There's just a certain level of discipline and patience that I have to exert, which I don't when I'm doing other hobbies. The end product is always rewarding though, so I stick to it.

peskytarian

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-31 01:22:54

Drawing is part of my job, so I often draw whether I enjoy it or not, but in the long run I enjoy it. I wouldn't see the point of powering-through a rough patch if I didn't think there'd be something enjoyable on the other side of it. I'm trudging along on a few things right now, and I can at least tell myself that even if I don't like doing it in the moment, I will like the feeling of knowing I finished it. Staying sharp and gradually improving makes the good times better, so it's all worth it.

But obviously I'm not gonna tell people to do something if they hate it and don't think it's going to amount to anything. Life's hard enough as it is.

If there is ever a time I don't like what I am drawing it's probably because I'm either doing something that I'm slightly uncomfortable taking credit for, or if I'm drawing something only to realize that whatever it is that I am drawing becomes a chore.

Normally, I enjoy drawing a lot. In fact I'm passionate about it. That doesn't mean that I don't have my moments where I dislike it. All in all for me it really depends on the situation I'm in because I'd rather not force myself to draw for the sake of it and let concepts or artwork in general to come naturally.

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-31 11:26:25

At 8/30/22 05:58 PM, PoppyTheMerpasaur wrote: Just out of curiosity. I certainly dislike drawing but... I can do it. Not well! But I can-
ANYHOO

Some artist doesn't enjoy drawing, but they'll do it since that is only their main hobby to do

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-31 11:36:25

Me. I try to draw because I want to be good at something for once. Plus, if I only ever did things I enjoyed, I'd be spending my whole life watching TV and playing video games.

I would go outside and touch grass, but unfortunately there's an obstacle known as

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-31 13:03:39

I love drawing ….I hate the process. I have sever ADHD. I mean it is so bad I am walking around in a near constant state of heart attack or stroke because I am prescribed nearly the maximum dose of adderal just to function like a normal human being. So I get hype as shit when I have a good idea….then I am like oh yeah….I actually have to draw it now :(

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-31 13:40:10

hello there. I usually dont enjoy drawing as well

i enjoy coloring WAY more than i enjoy drawing.

most of my time with krita and firealpaca lately was spent palette swapping sprites made by other people, coloring lineart made by other people and drawing half-assed mandalas to color (many of which i delete when i'm out of ideas on how to color them differently) instead of making progress with drawbox lessons or any of my pending art projects.

i guess i only bother because if i ever make a fanfic that seems good enough to share, i want it to have pictures, because i don't like reading plain text fanfic myself (if i wanted to imagine a scene instead of just looking at one i could do that while i'm eating, gardening, bathing, waiting for/in a car/bus, grinding in videogames, waiting for a new message in some chat, baking, waiting for the nurse for get my blood off my veins, following a tutorial, coloring, taking a walk, harvesting berries without a basket because i'm eating them on spot, waiting for the dentist to finish their business, reading unrelated text, etc.)

iu_740213_8105762.png

not gonna fix that light line to the left >:T

Full size of signature's picture

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-08-31 16:22:44

I enjoy drawing, it calms me down and makes me happy

I love art and drawings!!!!!!!!

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-09-01 16:57:37

ANYHOO

drawing is easier than owning a sports team or becoming a pro athlete or a travel agent maybe

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-09-06 15:46:39

ANYHOO

i like drawing the backgrounds to my art more than the actual subject of the matter

Enter your signature text...

BBS Signature

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-09-06 16:11:40

I love to draw a lot! The process is really fun to me and I love most aspects of it, I have bean having some motivation issues but I’m trying to work through that

just existing honestly, not much to it

Response to Who here draws but doesn't enjoy it? 2022-09-06 16:49:45

ANYHOO

I used to dislike drawing, but then I realized that I enjoy animation more

Tbh if you don't like drawing, then I say change your habits and try something new. I do enjoy doodling but not doing big pieces usually

Fuck