00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Concern about DALL-E 2 and other Image generators

1,016 Views | 37 Replies

Response to Concern about DALL-E 2 and other Image generators 2022-08-27 06:37:06

At 8/27/22 06:34 AM, olskoo-the-first wrote:
At 8/27/22 06:29 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 8/27/22 05:54 AM, Dolorious wrote: I think it might be the ladder.
Bloody sepps.

You mean latter. Ladder is the thing you use to climb up to your beloved's window.
nobody remembers what sepps means

Sepp = short for septic tank = rhyming slang for yank = American, because we don't care what part of it you're from, you're all traitors to the Crown.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Concern about DALL-E 2 and other Image generators 2022-08-27 06:39:15

At 8/27/22 06:29 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 8/27/22 05:54 AM, Dolorious wrote: I think it might be the ladder.
Bloody sepps.

You mean latter. Ladder is the thing you use to climb up to your beloved's window.

No I mean ladder, I'm climbing my way to the Metal Gear Dall E is making.

iu_736627_9507916.webp

Response to Concern about DALL-E 2 and other Image generators 2022-08-27 07:24:25

At 8/27/22 05:54 AM, Dolorious wrote: I think it might be the ladder. The only way it can achieve what you described is for the AI to become sentient. Which then yeah, they'll be able to pull those grifts easy.

At which point I'll be too busy banging my anime catgirl robot girlfriend to care if someone's faking a drawing.

At 8/26/22 12:40 AM, Nabella wrote: Wow, what a coincidence, I was debating about making a thread on this exact topic for the past week and a half.

Has anyone here seen some of the images generated by Stable Diffusion, the free open-source model anyone can download and modify? With enough patience and a beefy enough computer, it seems like you can create some very impressive results.

The following images were plucked while I was lurking on /sdg/ on /g/ and it's associate threads on /vg/, and /h/.

Prompt that was attached to this specific lady above me.

I suppose what’s needed is to train users to pick out tiny artifacts and stuff, because I could still tell what the giveaways were for those last two being AI, and if I were to review these on the Art Portal, I’d probably say “the crown is shaped a bit weird” or “I’d recommend you practice fingers, and I think I see a couple stray strokes next to her shoulder”. I probably wouldn’t be able to connect the dots that it is AI, but once I’ve mentioned the “things you need to practice”, then someone else who’s suspicious about you (or whoever’s posting them) probably could. I’m generally not a stickler for tiny details like that, but I’m good at pointing them out.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

At 8/27/22 01:55 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 8/24/22 12:42 PM, JizzyJazz wrote: How much longer do we have left until the AI becomes so good that you could generate an image and upload it to the art portal without anyone batting an eye? I have a feeling that we're slowly heading in that direction with all these generators becoming so accurate.
You probably couldn't do it today, as you can still kinda tell what's AI generated and what isn't, but what's going to happen if we give the tech another 5 years to develop?
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kel-chan/retro-futurism-neotokyo-style
There’s a few comments on this pic that Midjourney may have been used. IMO I think something’s amiss as I find the hair and the hands a bit odd.

Yeah, looking at stuff like that, that screams AI to me. Not only the art style in general, but the way the mistakes look has a signature “this isn’t a solid object” feel.

Edit: And the clothing too! All the clothes have details in weird places that don’t make sense, or have weird overlaps that don’t look like how fabric actually behaves. Definitely lower the boom on this charlatan.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Concern about DALL-E 2 and other Image generators 2022-08-28 09:50:10

At 8/24/22 12:42 PM, JizzyJazz wrote: How much longer do we have left until the AI becomes so good that you could generate an image and upload it to the art portal without anyone batting an eye? I have a feeling that we're slowly heading in that direction with all these generators becoming so accurate.
You probably couldn't do it today, as you can still kinda tell what's AI generated and what isn't, but what's going to happen if we give the tech another 5 years to develop?

Probably The government will create a new licence that will be illegal to not use with AI Generated Art/Pictures, In other words, Yep we illustrators are all done for...

Response to Concern about DALL-E 2 and other Image generators 2022-08-28 11:51:22

Who's to say it already isn't?

People are afraid of an AI uprising but they're out here feeding the AI images to grow off of.

Fortunately a lot of those AI's are generating Sonic inflation or Mr Krabs herpes, but eventually they'll get to a point where we can't stop them from learning.

I've got Two (two) Phones (Phones)

BBS Signature

Response to Concern about DALL-E 2 and other Image generators 2022-08-28 11:58:11

at the moment it's pretty easy to tell what's AI and what's not, but as AI advances it's gonna be a real shitstorm for artists. I'm definitely worried about what it'll mean in the future. We already have "AI art" racking up thousands upon thousands of likes on twitter.

a knightly champion in another world

BBS Signature