00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoeBidenLikesToes just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

do you guys listen to music while drawing?

959 Views | 38 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

the title says it all, for me, i don't listen to music most of the time when i'm drawing, because it's too distracting for me,

so what about you guys?

I may not be the brightest in the box full of light-bulbs, but that doesn't mean I can't light the way in this dark world.

(you can call me wilson or mawi if you want, I'm also the one who made skibidi club.)

TOYHOUSEYOUTUBETUMBLRREDDIT

BBS Signature

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-21 07:03:14

I listen to music most of the time when working pieces or projects.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-21 08:22:50

I do! But when I don't I like to listen to spoopy scary stuff.

(・∀・)

BBS Signature

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-21 08:39:39

Every second I’m awake, I’m either listening to music or have a song stuck in my head. So yes, always lol

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-21 12:31:25

The only song worth listening to while doing anything

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-21 16:35:08

I usually listen to music while drawing it kind of motivates me. The only time I don't is when I'm doing some drawing studies.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-21 17:33:44

At 8/21/22 06:53 AM, mawibblap wrote: the title says it all, for me, i don't listen to music most of the time when i'm drawing, because it's too distracting for me,
so what about you guys?

Yeah! Music helps me get in the mood. Bands like She Past Away and The Cemetary Girlz are really relaxing.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-21 17:51:42

I find its always nice to have something playing to drown out the boring silence

BBS Signature

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-21 18:00:31

At 8/21/22 06:53 AM, mawibblap wrote: the title says it all, for me, i don't listen to music most of the time when i'm drawing, because it's too distracting for me,
so what about you guys?

Only if I need to drown out screeching children :P, and/or am on a marathon run. Definitely too distracting otherwise.

Full albums, weird stuff. Skinny Puppy. Hallucinogen. The OST of Outer Wilds.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-21 18:55:13

At 8/21/22 06:39 PM, PilotSpikey wrote:
At 8/21/22 06:00 PM, sincronikon wrote: Outer Wilds.
That's one of the many games I plan to add to my Steam library. Heard so many good things about it, that I want to give it a shot. If the audio mixing between spacial ambience and music is superb then it'll be a great, relaxing experience to play with headphones on my Deck.

Hmm, it holds special meaning for me, so maybe my opinion is biased, but... yeah, grab it at any price. You'll spend days on it even if you blast through. To stay on topic: the OST itself is worth the purchase.

One of the many end sequences (no spoilers) involves powerful bright white lights and reconnecting with the characters you met. Just so happened the moots died the next day. I would probably be re-playing this game every month if I could stomach it - right up there with Deus Ex and other great titles that tried new things & had great sound tracks. The atmosphere is incredible, the puzzles are great... and the moody, music? Even if you only buy the OST, it's worth it. Can't recommend the sound track enough (and the game ;)).

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-21 20:32:32

It's either music or podcasts. I get a little picky with music, so it can make me a little stoppy-starty if I gotta skip tracks every few minutes. Podcasts keep me on track but a little less mindful while working, so it's a tradeoff no matter what.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-23 18:29:01

Yeah, it feels rather empty if I don't.

Typically I listen to a lot of Jazz, my favorite variants being Bossa Nova or Latin. But really, I just enjoy the genre as a whole. I listen to jazz songs made from people all across the world; it's incredible to see how varied it can be.

Every now and then, I listen to stuff like PSYQUI or video game music. Not as often as the former though.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-23 19:20:43

I always listen to music while drawing. I don't like to draw in complete silence.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-24 22:19:42

so what about you guys?

Music is a great source for inspiration. I try to mix up what I listen to when I feel drained.

Right now I'm into Demon Days by Gorillaz.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-24 23:30:22

so what about you guys?

yes, specifically 90s hiphop

sometimes, i'll leave for like a month, then i'll come back and be all like "whooaaaa new shit"

BBS Signature

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-25 01:18:41

Hella yeah i do

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-25 04:02:58

It depends, most time i don't, but for example when i want to do an action scene or when i get inspired by one i listen to some

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-25 04:44:15

so what about you guys?

The artist HOME makes great stuff.

Lately, I 'm mainly listening to this soundtrack, this single in particular, or just draw in silence which helps me be more anxious and productive than I'd like to admit.

Back in the day, I'd put on songs with no lyrics and have them loop as I get lots of homework or writing done, like videogame music. But now that I'm out of school, silence helps me more, as I'm not chronically sleepy.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-25 05:28:34

I get inspired by music to make art

Floating in space

BBS Signature

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-25 05:56:22

While sketching I'll listen to non-invasive ambient music. I don't like to be distracted when trying to generate ideas or figure out a pose. But when i start line work I'll listen to podcasts or livestreams to keep myself entertained whilst going through the process.

Some great ambient picks:

Mort Garson's Plantasia is a great synth ambient album.

The Sweet Enoughs have an album called Marshmallow which is super chill.

Vangelis' Blade Runner original soundtrack is Goated

Alabaster DePlume has an instrumental album called To Cy & Lee if you like saxophone

CZARFACE have a couple instrumental albums which are basically beat CD's, see Double Dose of Danger

Of course theres Minecraft Alpha by C418 which is a great nostalgic listen for me.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-25 06:05:00

so what about you guys?

Ah hell ye I do, usually helps me focus on stuff

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-25 10:49:14

so what about you guys?

I have this on right now

See my profile page for link to showroom

BBS Signature

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-25 11:15:05

Yeah but it's gotta be something that'll put me in the zone. So I tend to listen to wild jazz, the most random choices of metal, gritty dance music like The Prodigy or game osts from Hack & Slash games.

Currently I've been drawing to the No More Heroes 1 soundtrack:

iu_735243_7367580.jpg

I draw sometimes with music.

Mostly It's fnf music for some reason, but rn this is my current drawing music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjIfMrTMxFU

Hey look, a me!

BBS Signature

Yes, I draw with music in headphones. This is mainly soundtracks from video games and anime (Hetalia: Axis Powers), as well as songs that the characters of this anime sing.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-28 13:31:21

I normally do, yes. Sometimes it's a soundtrack for a game / film, some stupid FNF shit, or older songs.

If it isn't music, it'll be some TTS readout thing or a documentary.

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-29 02:29:23

It happens that I draw, but sometimes it's somehow boring and I want to abandon this business, so I turn on some music like Lofi Hip-Hop Radio!

Who cares about my work and other fun - I'm here

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-30 16:25:13

yes

iu_739430_10950346.webp

Response to do you guys listen to music while drawing? 2022-08-30 18:56:08

I feel like I'm the only one in the world who enjoys silence, even when not drawing. I mean, sometimes I'll listen to music, but not to enjoy the music but just distract me from the physical toll of whatever I'm doing. Maybe I'm just a masochist, but working through painful boredom is good sometimes. I think it builds character.

Squid pro quo. Tits for tat.

Check out my sketches and stuff!

BBS Signature