00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bbc4lunch just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the play store Newgrounds App.

1,141 Views | 40 Replies

the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 17:27:08

Sup, can we just talk about the (probably) unofficial newgrounds app? Its pretty weird, everything you press (from movies - games - art - creators) moves you directly to the Newgrounds page of that movie/game/art/creator.. not only that, but there is already a mobile version for newgrounds, sure there is no app about newgrounds, you got to go in the website, and sure you cant play games, but does it really matter? The app is kinda useless. Imagine if YouTube was like that, you download an app about watching videos and when you decide to watch a video it takes you to the website of the app to watch it there, its USELESS.. but its still in beta, and who knows maybe it will be useful... I am wondering if they even got the rights to do this...

The following pictures is the app page and how the app looks like.iu_674472_11312933.webpiu_674473_11312933.webp

Crossed the fucking street bru.

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 17:28:16

Ooh, they're asking for a lawsuit.

Check current mood, cool music!

BBS Signature

At 6/22/22 05:27 PM, ProbNotCross wrote: Sup, can we just talk about the (probably) unofficial newgrounds app? Its pretty weird, everything you press (from movies - games - art - creators) moves you directly to the Newgrounds page of that movie/game/art/creator.. not only that, but there is already a mobile version for newgrounds, sure there is no app about newgrounds, you got to go in the website, and sure you cant play games, but does it really matter? The app is kinda useless. Imagine if YouTube was like that, you download an app about watching videos and when you decide to watch a video it takes you to the website of the app to watch it there, its USELESS.. but its still in beta, and who knows maybe it will be useful... I am wondering if they even got the rights to do this...

The following pictures is the app page and how the app looks like.

@TOMFULP LOOK!!!

Also, 3+??? I know that NG is definitely NOT for preschoolers.

1:37 ───ㅇ─────3:45 ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↺ REPEAT ‖ PAUSE ≫ NEXT SONG

Former fan of the general forums. Artist, Twitter hater, loser, bad poet.

BBS Signature

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 17:30:39

At 6/22/22 05:28 PM, WendigoVDB wrote: Ooh, they're asking for a lawsuit.

And they will probably get it, idk how tom or the moderators will feel about this, these guys are basically stealing their website, atleast they dont include ads yet.. or atleast i think so...

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 17:32:54

At 6/22/22 05:29 PM, rocknight1991 wrote:
At 6/22/22 05:27 PM, ProbNotCross wrote: Sup, can we just talk about the (probably) unofficial newgrounds app? Its pretty weird, everything you press (from movies - games - art - creators) moves you directly to the Newgrounds page of that movie/game/art/creator.. not only that, but there is already a mobile version for newgrounds, sure there is no app about newgrounds, you got to go in the website, and sure you cant play games, but does it really matter? The app is kinda useless. Imagine if YouTube was like that, you download an app about watching videos and when you decide to watch a video it takes you to the website of the app to watch it there, its USELESS.. but its still in beta, and who knows maybe it will be useful... I am wondering if they even got the rights to do this...

@TOMFULP LOOK!!!

Haha yes. I checked the app for adult content and yeah, it does infact include adult content. (Even the thumpnails include some adult themes.)

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 17:35:33

At 6/22/22 05:32 PM, ProbNotCross wrote:

@TOMFULP LOOK!!!

Haha yes. I checked the app for adult content and yeah, it does infact include adult content. (Even the thumpnails include some adult themes.)

I bet if you download the app, it just directs you to a way shittier version of NG with no content filters and clicking the bbs forums will link u to a virus.

BBS Signature

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 17:42:53

At 6/22/22 05:35 PM, rocknight1991 wrote:

@TOMFULP LOOK!!!

I bet if you download the app, it just directs you to a way shittier version of NG with no content filters and clicking the bbs forums will link u to a virus.

Everything you said is correct but the forums, as far as i searched, there are no forums. And i only pressed three movies and it all of them directed me to the Newgrounds page of these movies. I don't think there is a virus but i suggest you noy download the app. I also found that the app is banned in u.k. for some reason.. In other regions its allowed, like greece..

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 17:47:19

At 6/22/22 05:42 PM, ProbNotCross wrote:

@TOMFULP LOOK!!!

Everything you said is correct but the forums, as far as i searched, there are no forums. And i only pressed three movies and it all of them directed me to the Newgrounds page of these movies. I don't think there is a virus but i suggest you noy download the app. I also found that the app is banned in u.k. for some reason.. In other regions its allowed, like greece..

I dont use Android. Plus, even though the picture is mainly in Greek, I can understand the issues from the pictures and the company.

BBS Signature

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 17:49:51

At 6/22/22 05:47 PM, rocknight1991 wrote:

@TOMFULP LOOK!!!

I dont use Android. Plus, even though the picture is mainly in Greek, I can understand the issues from the pictures and the company.

Tbh, good for non-android users cause they dont have to experience this hellhole of an app.

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 18:18:44

At 6/22/22 05:49 PM, ProbNotCross wrote:

@TOMFULP LOOK!!!

Tbh, good for non-android users cause they dont have to experience this hellhole of an app.

Do you think Tom will sue them?

BBS Signature

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 18:24:59

At 6/22/22 06:18 PM, rocknight1991 wrote:

@TOMFULP LOOK!!!

Idk, I am not tom.. My guess is Prob not... I dont know if he will do it. BUT pls dont bother him, he will find the post him self, i dont want to disturb or bothet anyone, i am just a guy who found this obvious scam... Lets just pray that someone that is working on newgrounds will see the post, and then we will hear their opinion about the problem.

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 18:27:19

At 6/22/22 06:24 PM, ProbNotCross wrote:

@TOMFULP LOOK!!!

Idk, I am not tom.. My guess is Prob not... I dont know if he will do it. BUT pls dont bother him, he will find the post him self, i dont want to disturb or bothet anyone, i am just a guy who found this obvious scam... Lets just pray that someone that is working on newgrounds will see the post, and then we will hear their opinion about the problem.

True. But I dont like any ripoff apps. Why does the App Store even let this through?

BBS Signature

At 6/22/22 06:18 PM, rocknight1991 wrote: Do you think Tom will sue them?

Good luck suing the Russians!

Edit:

Wait, isn't that Greek?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 18:30:31

At 6/22/22 06:27 PM, rocknight1991 wrote:
At 6/22/22 06:24 PM, ProbNotCross wrote:

@TOMFULP LOOK!!!

True. But I dont like any ripoff apps. Why does the App Store even let this through?

Its google, what do you think? Google is allowing straight up NSFW ads on SFW websites, Google is allowing copyright abuse and they are always helping the people who will give them money instead of the people who will help this platform. It takes like months or even years for Google to fix these issues. Just like with their app store.

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-22 18:31:24

At 6/22/22 06:28 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 6/22/22 06:18 PM, rocknight1991 wrote: Do you think Tom will sue them?
Good luck suing the Russians!

Edit:
Wait, isn't that Greek?

Yeah i am greek, and the language i am using on the play store is, you guessed it, greek..

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 05:56:53

Oh also the app has 5 thousand downloads, holy shit.

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 07:09:01

While an app would be pretty useful the mobile website works pretty great as is. I’m not sure why anyone would need an app.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 07:16:21

it's cool though that something pops up when someone searches newgrounds in the play store

BBS Signature

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 08:08:31

At 6/23/22 07:09 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: While an app would be pretty useful the mobile website works pretty great as is. I’m not sure why anyone would need an app.

yeah i dont understand either.

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 08:09:23

At 6/23/22 07:16 AM, olskoo wrote: it's cool though that something pops up when someone searches newgrounds in the play store

Yeah, i also found a game called super toss the turtle and it is a newgrounds game.

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 08:32:18

i think this is just a dumb company trying to gain/earn attention

we chillin

BBS Signature

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 08:38:22

You described the KFC app in my country and that isn't even Beta but full release. (Website in an app thingy)

Regarding this unofficial NG app. Yep, sounds like no good

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 08:42:58

At 6/23/22 08:32 AM, Alvesteffer19 wrote:

i think this is just a dumb company trying to gain/earn attention

or earn cash.

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 08:43:40

At 6/23/22 08:38 AM, Tobieshima wrote: You described the KFC app in my country and that isn't even Beta but full release. (Website in an app thingy)

There is a KFC app that does THE SAME THING?? wow this sucks ass man..

iu_675003_9962276.webp

This will be newgrounds' ui in 2013

BBS Signature

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 09:56:28

At 6/23/22 09:53 AM, rmwastaken wrote:
This will be newgrounds' ui in 2013

wut

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 11:02:00

At 6/23/22 10:52 AM, Zeiwolf wrote: i tried the app before its okayish... definitely needs improvements on it and they addition of the bbs tab. However to return the FUCKING FEEDBACK OPTION.

the only thing i understood is that you kinda liked this useless app, the rest is gibberish to me..

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-23 11:24:19

At 6/23/22 11:07 AM, Zeiwolf wrote:
At 6/23/22 11:02 AM, ProbNotCross wrote:
At 6/23/22 10:52 AM, Zeiwolf wrote: i tried the app before its okayish... definitely needs improvements on it and they addition of the bbs tab. However they need to return the FUCKING FEEDBACK OPTION.
the only thing i understood is that you kinda liked this useless app, the rest is gibberish to me..
they removed the feedback option to make suggestions. Its a good concept but definitely needs improvements.

woooow, LCJ apps is good at decision making.

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-06-24 05:19:12

At 6/23/22 08:43 AM, ProbNotCross wrote:
At 6/23/22 08:38 AM, Tobieshima wrote: You described the KFC app in my country and that isn't even Beta but full release. (Website in an app thingy)

There is a KFC app that does THE SAME THING?? wow this sucks ass man..

Yes

Response to the play store Newgrounds App. 2022-11-06 07:41:50

Ik the person who made it and it was supposed to be a fan thing not a thing that was supposed to be for monetary gain