00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GeorgiaC-1811 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why does audio in flash sound slowed down and low pitched

1,252 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

It does this at times and idk what to do

PUNKS NOT DEAD ITS 2012 RAWR XD

BBS Signature

This is most likely because the audio you're importing has a sample rate of 48000 Hz or higher. Most audio programs like Audacity should have a way to mix it down to a rate of 44100 Hz, which I believed solved the problem for me when I encountered it. The problem was that the old version of Flash i use (Macromedia Flash 8) didn't handle audio files with those higher rates properly.

At 5/14/22 04:20 PM, RobC3 wrote: This is most likely because the audio you're importing has a sample rate of 48000 Hz or higher. Most audio programs like Audacity should have a way to mix it down to a rate of 44100 Hz, which I believed solved the problem for me when I encountered it. The problem was that the old version of Flash i use (Macromedia Flash 8) didn't handle audio files with those higher rates properly.

Just to add to what @RobC3 said:

The audio has to also not exceed 16-bit.

Ideally make sure it is 44100 Hz 16-bit PCM WAV before import.

Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for Flash character animation

At 5/14/22 04:20 PM, RobC3 wrote: This is most likely because the audio you're importing has a sample rate of 48000 Hz or higher. Most audio programs like Audacity should have a way to mix it down to a rate of 44100 Hz, which I believed solved the problem for me when I encountered it. The problem was that the old version of Flash i use (Macromedia Flash 8) didn't handle audio files with those higher rates properly.

do you know how I can lower it in audacity?

BBS Signature

At 5/14/22 10:01 PM, KrazyDaKat wrote:
do you know how I can lower it in audacity?

nvm i got it. thx for the help yall

BBS Signature