00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LimeIsHere just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is there any easier way to work with audio in flash

512 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So lets say I have a 5 minute piece of audio. I need to start at the beginning of the frame that the audio plays or it doesn't play. Now I have to sit there and wait for a certain part. I then stop the animation but have to wait for the rest of the audio to finish playing. Its honestly the most tedious thing to work with in flash and I desperately want a way to work around it. If anyone can help it be greatly appreciated.

PUNKS NOT DEAD ITS 2012 RAWR XD

BBS Signature

Response to Is there any easier way to work with audio in flash 2022-05-12 22:06:26

At 5/12/22 09:52 PM, KrazyDaKat wrote: So lets say I have a 5 minute piece of audio. I need to start at the beginning of the frame that the audio plays or it doesn't play. Now I have to sit there and wait for a certain part. I then stop the animation but have to wait for the rest of the audio to finish playing. Its honestly the most tedious thing to work with in flash and I desperately want a way to work around it. If anyone can help it be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like your audio needs to be set to Stream in the properties tab if it isn't already. You can also add a keyframe wherever you want in the main timeline and put your audio there, then click the little pencil icon next to effect in the properties tab, and you can edit the audio where you want it to start.

Response to Is there any easier way to work with audio in flash 2022-05-12 22:12:46

At 5/12/22 10:06 PM, WhiteHorseAnimations wrote:
At 5/12/22 09:52 PM, KrazyDaKat wrote: So lets say I have a 5 minute piece of audio. I need to start at the beginning of the frame that the audio plays or it doesn't play. Now I have to sit there and wait for a certain part. I then stop the animation but have to wait for the rest of the audio to finish playing. Its honestly the most tedious thing to work with in flash and I desperately want a way to work around it. If anyone can help it be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like your audio needs to be set to Stream in the properties tab if it isn't already. You can also add a keyframe wherever you want in the main timeline and put your audio there, then click the little pencil icon next to effect in the properties tab, and you can edit the audio where you want it to start.

oh cool thx dude

but how do I find properties?

BBS Signature

Response to Is there any easier way to work with audio in flash 2022-05-12 22:21:45

At 5/12/22 10:12 PM, KrazyDaKat wrote:
oh cool thx dude

If it's not already anywhere on screen then go to Windows at the top and then click Properties, or just press Ctrl + F3

Response to Is there any easier way to work with audio in flash 2022-05-12 22:42:24

At 5/12/22 10:21 PM, WhiteHorseAnimations wrote:
At 5/12/22 10:12 PM, KrazyDaKat wrote:
oh cool thx dude
If it's not already anywhere on screen then go to Windows at the top and then click Properties, or just press Ctrl + F3

apologies I thought properties was like a hidden menu I never knew that section was called properties. Anyway this helps me out a lot I cant thank you enough.

BBS Signature