00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

squidmaster10 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question: Why even after all these years, you're still on NG?

754 Views | 51 Replies

Not that the other options are better. If anything, I think the alternatives are worse, but I wanted to know why even after all these years some folks never left.

I know I used Newgrouds since around 2006, but only made my first account on 2009 and my most recent one on 2011.

Going back to it it feels familiar, yet slightly updated.

What made you guys stick to this place, though?

Chillin'.

I like hearing people out. Preferably when they have something nice to say, though.

It's not a choice

iu_626587_9507916.jpg

Great community, great content, an admin who actually gives a fuck, and it made my childhood on the internet more awesome.

That's why I'm still here.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

At 5/5/22 01:48 AM, THE-VOID wrote: Not that the other options are better. If anything, I think the alternatives are worse, but I wanted to know why even after all these years some folks never left.

I know I used Newgrouds since around 2006, but only made my first account on 2009 and my most recent one on 2011.

Shitpoasting.

Having fun, in short.

Mogami gawa.

-YC

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

i need some level of social interaction

its time of the year

BBS Signature

it's the community that i grew up with, so i'll always have something of a connection to it

in recent years it's turned into a nice platform for my music aswell.

signature

BBS Signature

I'm too lazy to learn how to use any other websites

BBS Signature

yooooooooo nice username op

You know what this link is. (DO NOT CLICK IF YOU'RE A MINOR)

BBS Signature

I love the community here on ng and i get shitpost all i want

Floating in space

BBS Signature

slowly waiting for that one motherf*cker to come back.

I'm a psycho who will kill you at the drop of a hat. and hats drop easy in this fucked up world.

BBS Signature

desperately clinging to an adolescence long passed

I'm relatively new (as a member at least) but I appreciate those who have been here a long time and kept NG going. It's the reason I ended up here. This is pretty much the only place I can find that in any way resembles internet communities as I remember them being pre-social-media, which is still online and has an active community.

BBS Signature

At 5/5/22 08:38 AM, tydaze wrote: I'm relatively new (as a member at least) but I appreciate those who have been here a long time and kept NG going. It's the reason I ended up here. This is pretty much the only place I can find that in any way resembles internet communities as I remember them being pre-social-media, which is still online and has an active community.

Occasionally someone will come around here trying to pull that Twitter/Facebook/Reddit/ bullshit, and it is so fucking satisfying to see the community rise up like a tidal wave and shut that shit down immediately.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

At 5/5/22 08:29 AM, Homicide wrote: slowly waiting for that one motherf*cker to come back.

Who

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

ive been here since 1672

Fredrick piss water the 3rd

my best thread

My channel :)

BBS Signature

idk

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Is funny

please help. thank you.

newgrounds is dank as hell

BBS Signature

At 5/5/22 01:48 AM, THE-VOID wrote: Not that the other options are better. If anything, I think the alternatives are worse, but I wanted to know why even after all these years some folks never left.

New Grounds Is A Dedicated Community It Has Original Content And Overall One Of The Best User Bases I Have Ever Seen

I haven’t even been here for a year, but it’s cool as hell

Six big dicks

BBS Signature

I joined a little over a year ago so I don’t really have an opinion, but i will probably stay here 4 a long time cuz all other platforms r kinda shit

doing ur dad

BBS Signature

Newgrounds is still one of the last holdouts of how the internet was 10-15 years ago.

@DrSevenSeizeMD still has my soul.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

iu_626846_1089462.jpg

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Nostalgia.

Wlooptidoo

BBS Signature

At 5/5/22 03:31 AM, Tritnew wrote: Great community, great content, an admin who actually gives a fuck, and it made my childhood on the internet more awesome.

That's why I'm still here.

Can definitely relate to that. NG just hit different on the early teens.

Chillin'.

I like hearing people out. Preferably when they have something nice to say, though.

At 5/5/22 04:15 AM, JizzyJazz wrote: it's the community that i grew up with, so i'll always have something of a connection to it

in recent years it's turned into a nice platform for my music aswell.

I was mostly just browsing when I was younger, but I never realized how SOCIAL the entirety of NG is, with all the content being produced BY users for the users themselves. I mean, I knew that, but never understood how rad that was until I met massive corporations and their products and wishing I was back here lmao.

Congrats on sharing your music!

Chillin'.

At 5/5/22 04:33 AM, Cell-Void wrote: yooooooooo nice username op

Ah yes, the remnants of my edgy teens phase.

Now I'm only an ever so slightly edgy adult.

Some things change. Not much, but a bit.

Chillin'.

At 5/5/22 08:45 AM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 5/5/22 08:38 AM, tydaze wrote: I'm relatively new (as a member at least) but I appreciate those who have been here a long time and kept NG going. It's the reason I ended up here. This is pretty much the only place I can find that in any way resembles internet communities as I remember them being pre-social-media, which is still online and has an active community.
Occasionally someone will come around here trying to pull that Twitter/Facebook/Reddit/ bullshit, and it is so fucking satisfying to see the community rise up like a tidal wave and shut that shit down immediately.

What kind of stuff? I'm immediately intrigued to see the NG culture rejecting modern social media trends and whatnot

Chillin'.