00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

psyko85 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game

387 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So, I've been doing a bunch of thinking, what if there's another newgrounds crossover fighting game like ruble, but it's a traditional fighting game instead of a platform fighter, and it plays/looks like street fighter and skullgirls. would that be cool?

Best regards

BBS Signature

Response to A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game 2022-04-25 19:37:33

I would totally play that, it's two things I love together after all.

Response to A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game 2022-04-26 19:50:42

Then it's Newgrounds Rumble but you can't platform. Newgrounds Rumble is played like a traditional fighting game with the opponent only getting KO when HP is dropped to zero with combos similar to Marvel vs Capcom where you can do air combos, you can even do multiple hits with weak and strong attacks and you can move across the stage like a platform fighter. It was a mix of both genres and there are problems that can be fixed for a Newgrounds Rumble sequel or a reboot.

Response to A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game 2022-04-26 19:53:20

At 4/26/22 07:50 PM, T-Phantom-T wrote: Then it's Newgrounds Rumble but you can't platform. Newgrounds Rumble is played like a traditional fighting game with the opponent only getting KO when HP is dropped to zero with combos similar to Marvel vs Capcom where you can do air combos, you can even do multiple hits with weak and strong attacks and you can move across the stage like a platform fighter. It was a mix of both genres and there are problems that can be fixed for a Newgrounds Rumble sequel or a reboot.

interesting, but i still wished it played more like a fighting game then button spamming.

Best regards

BBS Signature

Response to A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game 2022-04-26 20:02:23

Would love it to death and play it competitively. Am a maniac for 2D fighters.

No pods, no casters

Response to A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game 2022-04-27 02:44:05

If it would have as simple inputs as Skullgirls I would defenently like it

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game 2022-04-27 02:46:48

At 4/27/22 02:44 AM, Realaapiarts wrote: If it would have as simple inputs as Skullgirls I would defenently like it

mmm yes

Best regards

BBS Signature

Response to A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game 2022-04-29 07:24:53

At 4/25/22 01:25 PM, Notakin wrote: So, I've been doing a bunch of thinking, what if there's another newgrounds crossover fighting game like ruble, but it's a traditional fighting game instead of a platform fighter, and it plays/looks like street fighter and skullgirls. would that be cool?

Id love that

Love you guys <3

BBS Signature

Response to A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game 2022-04-29 08:56:03

At 4/25/22 01:25 PM, Notakin wrote: So, I've been doing a bunch of thinking, what if there's another newgrounds crossover fighting game like ruble, but it's a traditional fighting game instead of a platform fighter, and it plays/looks like street fighter and skullgirls. would that be cool?

Let's all have faith for a Newgrounds Rumble 2

I'm still ShidoniDrella lol

"I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends"

BBS Signature

Response to A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game 2022-04-29 10:35:35

Sure, why not?

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to A Newgrounds 2D Trad Fighting game 2022-05-20 22:44:48

it'd be dope. I can imagine seeing character-specific interactions/intros, which'd add to the style of the game!

BBS Signature