00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

reel2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Revisiting NG Dojo (Pico Day Collab)

1,491 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello. I've been (what some might call) animating characters beating the crap out of a crash test dummy. Here's an example-

iu_578866_2348424.gif

Getting tired of looking at these stupid pixelly idiots though, so here's the mission statement-

Animate a Newgrounds character performing a combo (/murder) on Dummy here. I'll stick them all behind a character select screen. Something like this-

Ideally this one will use Ruffle (I'll make sure anything I do doesn't upset it) but if it make's anybody's animation look like crap, we can just stick with the ng player and/or video version. Also plan to add medals if all goes well.

RULES

- Let me know who you want to animate (any ng related character) and I'll keep a list below to avoid duplicates.

- Stage size: 1920 x 1080

- 24fps

- Deadline is June 6th (a few days early in case something goes tits up when putting them together) but let me know if you need extra time.

- Use the file dump to send me your completed .fla files.

Aside from the original NG Dojo, see my last few Combo Concept projects if you need some killspiration. Not to mention the six million gifs I've posted over the past year or so. Some NGers in there that haven't appeared in the dojo yet.

I'm sure I forgot something so any questions of concerns, feel free to let me know.

Nobody beats the 83457 and all that.

Patreon : Ko-fi : YouTube : Twitter

BBS Signature

At 3/18/22 05:08 AM, 53xy83457 wrote: Hello. I've been (what some might call) animating characters beating the crap out of a crash test dummy. Here's an example-

Getting tired of looking at these stupid pixelly idiots though, so here's the mission statement-
Animate a Newgrounds character performing a combo (/murder) on Dummy here. I'll stick them all behind a character select screen. Something like this-
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/832353
Ideally this one will use Ruffle (I'll make sure anything I do doesn't upset it) but if it make's anybody's animation look like crap, we can just stick with the ng player and/or video version. Also plan to add medals if all goes well.

RULES
- Let me know who you want to animate (any ng related character) and I'll keep a list below to avoid duplicates.
- 24fps
- Deadline is June 6th (a few days early in case something goes tits up when putting them together) but let me know if you need extra time.

Aside from the original NG Dojo, see my last few Combo Concept projects if you need some killspiration. Not to mention the six million gifs I've posted over the past year or so. Some NGers in there that haven't appeared in the dojo yet.

I'm sure I forgot something so any questions of concerns, feel free to let me know.

I’d do it if it means bigger pixels than what you’ve been doing. No way in hell I could arse up. Or do you want proper cartoon? Feck if I know!

Response to Revisiting NG Dojo (Pico Day Collab) 2022-03-18 15:57:12

I’d do it if it means bigger pixels than what you’ve been doing. No way in hell I could arse up. Or do you want proper cartoon? Feck if I know!

Whatever you like.

BBS Signature

I'm down to harass this poor test dummy, haven't decided on a character yet tho

Are you looking for that specific artstyle or can we go wild with it

Response to Revisiting NG Dojo (Pico Day Collab) 2022-03-19 15:33:40

considering he said he is tired of seeing charactesr in his pixel style beat up the dummy he probably wants to see different art styles (and well here is a suggestion some very obscure and underrated character i would specifically suggest reeumus from the reemus series but you can choose who you want)

At 3/19/22 03:19 PM, GallowJolt wrote: I'm down to harass this poor test dummy, haven't decided on a character yet tho

Response to Revisiting NG Dojo (Pico Day Collab) 2022-03-19 18:18:10

At 3/19/22 03:33 PM, ALEKSIVAN wrote: considering he said he is tired of seeing charactesr in his pixel style beat up the dummy he probably wants to see different art styles (and well here is a suggestion some very obscure and underrated character i would specifically suggest reeumus from the reemus series but you can choose who you want)
At 3/19/22 03:19 PM, GallowJolt wrote: I'm down to harass this poor test dummy, haven't decided on a character yet tho

No I think he wants to see his exact art style but one percent more red

Response to Revisiting NG Dojo (Pico Day Collab) 2022-03-19 18:35:41

Go wild with it.

BBS Signature

iu_582538_8157415.png

I'm doing Zero from NG Zero Hour.

At 3/18/22 05:08 AM, 53xy83457 wrote: Hello. I've been (what some might call) animating characters beating the crap out of a crash test dummy. Here's an example-

RULES
- 24fps

I think I Will choose the hero (That was seen in quickdraw 2)I really wanna See him in pixels

Response to Revisiting NG Dojo (Pico Day Collab) 2022-03-31 22:23:53

RULES
- 24fps

Hello, I am interested in collaboration, but can I do it in 2d animation?

Response to Revisiting NG Dojo (Pico Day Collab) 2022-04-01 08:01:56

Assuming you mean 2D as in a more traditional animation than my stupid pixel style. That would be preferable but regardless, do it any way you like.

BBS Signature

Response to Revisiting NG Dojo (Pico Day Collab) 2022-04-04 02:02:42

Announcements:

-Deimos has now been selected.

-This keeps coming up so, you can animate your part any way you want but, like I alluded to, preferably NOT in the style of the examples.

-Finally, and most importantly, this is my 69th post lol

BBS Signature

Response to Revisiting NG Dojo (Pico Day Collab) 2022-04-04 22:13:30

What other characters have people chose so far?

At 4/4/22 02:02 AM, 53xy83457 wrote: Announcements:
-Deimos has now been selected.
-This keeps coming up so, you can animate your part any way you want but, like I alluded to, preferably NOT in the style of the examples.
-Finally, and most importantly, this is my 69th post lol