00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soultyrant1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab

2,018 Views | 56 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-04 17:45:39

Know you probably hear this often; but love the stuff you come up with, would make my day to be part of this (if there's any spots left). I'm halfway through an animation uni course right now so I'd love to put what I've learnt so far into practice.

Link to my example is below, understand if it's a no (probably find no software further from flash than mine), just have a nice day. Excited to see the result even if I'm not in it.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/648879706/

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-04 18:19:41

I think I'll take the scene "Fly a Kite." Sound good?

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-04 18:58:13

At 3/4/22 05:45 PM, NeonDarkroom wrote: Know you probably hear this often; but love the stuff you come up with, would make my day to be part of this (if there's any spots left). I'm halfway through an animation uni course right now so I'd love to put what I've learnt so far into practice.
Link to my example is below, understand if it's a no (probably find no software further from flash than mine), just have a nice day. Excited to see the result even if I'm not in it.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/648879706/

The animation is very smooth! I'd be very interested in seeing what you can do. It's some of the most detailed stuff I've seen in scratch!

But I'll have to ask a friend if they have tips on importing something from Scratch in a Flash file, or to make a Flash file reach for a Scratch one. So my ability to accept your submission will be pending an answer on that

GAH!

BBS Signature

Absolutely, hope to be of help!

As of right now I can export as either gif or MP4 if either of those work

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-05 23:13:04

I've completed the animation in my part. Just asking. Can music be used?

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-06 01:52:37

At 3/4/22 07:02 PM, NeonDarkroom wrote: Absolutely, hope to be of help!

No, he wants it to be in Flash.

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-06 04:12:01

hello I don't know if I'm a little late for this but id like to join I have a few examples of what I can do.

this first one was my first animation its called epic fight

next I have some animations for a fighting game I want to do at some point. the first character I have planned is sora from kingdom hearts anyway stickman fighting game sora hit and sora victory

the last thing I have for you is a leak for my flash forward jam thing stickman dating sim collection DX leak 46

ok that's all I got to show you. I understand if you don't think I would be good for this collab but yeah thank for reading

poo poo pee pee lmao lol AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-06 13:22:56

At 3/1/22 04:51 PM, Noodle wrote: BACKGROUND
I've had an idea rolling around in my head for over 10 years, of how I could potentially bring back and expand on what I did with my first ever "game" Kill Boe (that was just a selection of buttons) and it's slightly more polished sequel Kill Boe 2 (also just buttons...)
One of my favourite parts of Newgrounds was taking part in collabs! I even hosted a few. But I haven't done anything like that in ages. I'd love organize a quick animated collab as a throwback to my old games, and that old collab experience, while taking part in the Flash Forward Jam! I really regret missing that last year.

THE CONCEPT

RULES

SPECS

(I'm not even confident you can tell he's waving in this picture...)

DEADLINE
I am only leaving 2 weeks for this! The deadline is March 15th.
I need time to compile these, polish what I need to, and to tie the various scenes all together - and want to leave plenty of time to make sure I meet the FFJ deadline!

SCENES
Here is a list of the 30 different scenes I have in mind. They are grouped into 8 larger categories.
Scene list found here
For instance, the very first is Boe waking up in bed. You then choose if you want to animated him "hitting the snooze", or "getting out of bed".
I will edit this document as they are assigned, and will also use it to keep track of what's been completed.

SIGNING UP
If you wish to take part, simply reply to this topic WITH a link to something you've animated before. It can be a full animation, a clip from another collab, some WIP thing you're working on. Basically just something to show me your general style, and that you have some basic skills.

I look forward to finding some new people to collab with! I've been out of that circle for FAR too long. Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers!

I can't wait to see this come out.

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-06 14:39:10

At 3/4/22 07:02 PM, NeonDarkroom wrote: Absolutely, hope to be of help!

Does Scratch export as swfs? I wonder if I could decompile that and import it into Flash. Hmmm. Maybe you could share a scratch swf in the dumping grounds, and I can test it out.

At 3/5/22 11:13 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: I've completed the animation in my part. Just asking. Can music be used?

I am fine with that. Just make sure it's something from the audio portal, that is allowed to be used in Newgrounds projects like this

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-06 14:45:22

At 3/6/22 04:12 AM, hdydisbdu wrote: hello I don't know if I'm a little late for this but id like to join I have a few examples of what I can do.
ok that's all I got to show you. I understand if you don't think I would be good for this collab but yeah thank for reading

It's fun seeing you trying out different things. But I think currently I would need to see a bit more from you first. A lot of the scenes you shared are very light on actual animation.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-06 17:52:34

I’m 99% complete, just missing a scream sound effect. Do I send a FLA or SWF file?

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-06 18:40:28

At 3/6/22 05:52 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: I’m 99% complete, just missing a scream sound effect. Do I send a FLA or SWF file?

FLA please! If you can upload it into the shared files section of our "project" page, that'd be perfect!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-06 19:59:06

At 3/6/22 06:40 PM, Noodle wrote:
At 3/6/22 05:52 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: I’m 99% complete, just missing a scream sound effect. Do I send a FLA or SWF file?
FLA please! If you can upload it into the shared files section of our "project" page, that'd be perfect!

All done. Can I do 'Hot dog cart' next?

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-06 20:41:13

At 3/6/22 07:59 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote:

Great! I appreciate the enthusiasm. I wont assign secondary scenes right away. Odds are I'll have to extend the deadline, while hopefully getting as near to 30 animators as possible. And if after some additional promo efforts, we still come up short, it's great to know there are people already willing to take on more than 1 part :)

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-07 00:17:54

At 3/6/22 08:41 PM, Noodle wrote:
At 3/6/22 07:59 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote:
Great! I appreciate the enthusiasm. I wont assign secondary scenes right away. Odds are I'll have to extend the deadline, while hopefully getting as near to 30 animators as possible. And if after some additional promo efforts, we still come up short, it's great to know there are people already willing to take on more than 1 part :)

That's OK. I'll get it done before the 15th.

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-07 00:30:42

I may animate, but I animate in firealpaca, and my animation is more akin to a powerpoint, granted it's colored though, so, yeah.

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-07 00:50:13

At 3/7/22 12:30 AM, ColonelYuri wrote: I may animate, but I animate in firealpaca, and my animation is more akin to a powerpoint, granted it's colored though, so, yeah.

I appreciate the interest. But I don't think I'd be able to make use of that. Sorry :(

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-07 01:03:23

example of scratch converted to requested format :)

https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/b15c1be241b48f39228388f1be5a2938

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-07 10:45:38

At 3/1/22 04:51 PM, Noodle wrote: BACKGROUND
I've had an idea rolling around in my head for over 10 years, of how I could potentially bring back and expand on what I did with my first ever "game" Kill Boe (that was just a selection of buttons) and it's slightly more polished sequel Kill Boe 2 (also just buttons...)
One of my favourite parts of Newgrounds was taking part in collabs! I even hosted a few. But I haven't done anything like that in ages. I'd love organize a quick animated collab as a throwback to my old games, and that old collab experience, while taking part in the Flash Forward Jam! I really regret missing that last year.

THE CONCEPT

RULES

SPECS

(I'm not even confident you can tell he's waving in this picture...)

DEADLINE
I am only leaving 2 weeks for this! The deadline is March 15th.
I need time to compile these, polish what I need to, and to tie the various scenes all together - and want to leave plenty of time to make sure I meet the FFJ deadline!

SCENES
Here is a list of the 30 different scenes I have in mind. They are grouped into 8 larger categories.
Scene list found here
For instance, the very first is Boe waking up in bed. You then choose if you want to animated him "hitting the snooze", or "getting out of bed".
I will edit this document as they are assigned, and will also use it to keep track of what's been completed.

SIGNING UP
If you wish to take part, simply reply to this topic WITH a link to something you've animated before. It can be a full animation, a clip from another collab, some WIP thing you're working on. Basically just something to show me your general style, and that you have some basic skills.

I look forward to finding some new people to collab with! I've been out of that circle for FAR too long. Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers!

I would definitely like to be apart of that since I’ve been wanting to get involved with Newgrounds more this year! Here is a link to an animation I made back in December

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-07 11:21:02

At 3/7/22 01:03 AM, NeonDarkroom wrote: example of scratch converted to requested format :)

I think we could actually get away with that! It imported it to the FLA as 1 video file, and that seemed to work well enough for what I have in mind with this project. So I believe I can welcome you on board, with a warning that you might have to troubleshoot with me a bit when it's time to compile all this haha. But if it goes as smooth as this just did, it shouldn't be a problem!

Please let me know which scene you'd like to do :)

At 3/7/22 10:45 AM, sodacloud wrote: I would definitely like to be apart of that since I’ve been wanting to get involved with Newgrounds more this year! Here is a link to an animation I made back in December
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/825005

Absolutely! I enjoyed what I saw in your animation reel as well :)

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-07 11:39:47

I'll do take out the trash, if that's still open

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-07 17:48:09

At 3/7/22 11:21 AM, Noodle wrote:
At 3/7/22 01:03 AM, NeonDarkroom wrote: example of scratch converted to requested format :)
I think we could actually get away with that! It imported it to the FLA as 1 video file, and that seemed to work well enough for what I have in mind with this project. So I believe I can welcome you on board, with a warning that you might have to troubleshoot with me a bit when it's time to compile all this haha. But if it goes as smooth as this just did, it shouldn't be a problem!
Please let me know which scene you'd like to do :)

At 3/7/22 10:45 AM, sodacloud wrote: I would definitely like to be apart of that since I’ve been wanting to get involved with Newgrounds more this year! Here is a link to an animation I made back in December
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/825005
Absolutely! I enjoyed what I saw in your animation reel as well :)

Thanks! I think I would wanna try the treadmill one since I thought of a way of animating it

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-07 23:32:28

At 3/7/22 11:39 AM, NeonDarkroom wrote: I'll do take out the trash, if that's still open

Done

At 3/7/22 05:48 PM, sodacloud wrote: Thanks! I think I would wanna try the treadmill one since I thought of a way of animating it

and done!

Let me know if either of you have any questions :)

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-08 00:53:36

At 3/7/22 11:32 PM, Noodle wrote:
At 3/7/22 11:39 AM, NeonDarkroom wrote: I'll do take out the trash, if that's still open
Done

At 3/7/22 05:48 PM, sodacloud wrote: Thanks! I think I would wanna try the treadmill one since I thought of a way of animating it
and done!

Let me know if either of you have any questions :)

are there any references/look of a gym you had in mind or should I just wing it?

Should I start the short off in a way that meshes well with your transitions?

Probably an obvious answer but we’re going with the Boe design as shown on the post right?

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-08 01:21:02

At 3/8/22 12:53 AM, sodacloud wrote: are there any references/look of a gym you had in mind or should I just wing it?
Probably an obvious answer but we’re going with the Boe design as shown on the post right?

My only real stipulation is that Boe have an orange shirt. I am totally fine with any design liberties you'd like to take from there!

Similarly, I want you to have complete freedom with you part, for the background and setting, and I'll work about messing things as needed afterwards :)

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-08 07:53:18

At 3/8/22 01:21 AM, Noodle wrote:
At 3/8/22 12:53 AM, sodacloud wrote: are there any references/look of a gym you had in mind or should I just wing it?
My only real stipulation is that Boe have an orange shirt. I am totally fine with any design liberties you'd like to take from there!
Similarly, I want you to have complete freedom with you part, for the background and setting, and I'll work about messing things as needed afterwards :)

Alright then i believe I’m good for now. Thanks!

Response to Flash Forward Jam - Kill Boe Collab 2022-03-11 05:48:27

At 3/7/22 12:50 AM, Noodle wrote:
At 3/7/22 12:30 AM, ColonelYuri wrote: I may animate, but I animate in firealpaca, and my animation is more akin to a powerpoint, granted it's colored though, so, yeah.
I appreciate the interest. But I don't think I'd be able to make use of that. Sorry :(

that's fine, and thank you for replying, even if I got in, I have my own 7-minute video about a dream to finish up, and then another 7 minute video making background lore for that dream.

also, I plan on doing a video akin to recreating the biography segments your Finding the references video, but every video I make I add 10 more background characters to my videos.

anyways, thank you, and I hope to see success in your future endeavors.