00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Demons202 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Alien Hominid Gizmondo?

600 Views | 12 Replies

I was talking with some friends today about hard games and brought up Alien Hominid. I looked it up to see if it was on any currenr systems, and quite a few sites list a... GIZMONDO PORT?!

iu_548286_7231239.jpg

I've scoured the internet and found little evidence it exists beyond a few barebones game site listings, but then again the Gizmondo was so obscure it's possible it exists and no one knows...

Can anyone confirm or debunk this for me? A Gizmondo port of AH seems too ridiculous to be true, but I'm holding out hope.

I need a tanning bed, a 3D life to keep me from the cold.

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-02-11 02:13:44

What is a gizmondo

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-02-11 02:16:25

At 2/11/22 02:13 AM, Hazardous-Reptile wrote: What is a gizmondo

The Gizmondo is a failed mid-2000s handheld with abysmal specs and ties to russian mafia lol. It flopped even harder than the N-Gage.

LGR has a really great video explaining the whole ordeal better than I could!

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-02-13 13:58:20 (edited 2022-02-13 13:59:24)

Sorry to bump my own thread, but I investigated a bit more and found that a Gizmondo port WAS in development and scrapped. Along with a finished Gizmondo emulator, an unfinished rom of AH surfaced recently, and it is as gloriously bad as I'd hoped!

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-02-13 14:21:13

Tom really tried to take out the mafia from the inside

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-02-13 16:29:12

At 2/11/22 02:10 AM, PurpleShoes wrote: I was talking with some friends today about hard games and brought up Alien Hominid. I looked it up to see if it was on any currenr systems, and quite a few sites list a... GIZMONDO PORT?!

I've scoured the internet and found little evidence it exists beyond a few barebones game site listings, but then again the Gizmondo was so obscure it's possible it exists and no one knows...
Can anyone confirm or debunk this for me? A Gizmondo port of AH seems too ridiculous to be true, but I'm holding out hope.

Dayum New Console And Game Port Discovery

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-02-14 13:58:16

At 2/11/22 02:13 AM, Hazardous-Reptile wrote: What is a gizmondo

https://gizmodo.com/ ?

\ / Bunny ears didn't happen by accident

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-05-29 09:40:06

At 2/13/22 01:58 PM, PurpleShoes wrote: Sorry to bump my own thread, but I investigated a bit more and found that a Gizmondo port WAS in development and scrapped. Along with a finished Gizmondo emulator, an unfinished rom of AH surfaced recently, and it is as gloriously bad as I'd hoped!

do you have a link with the rom and emulator?

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-05-29 14:18:15

At 2/11/22 02:10 AM, PurpleShoes wrote: I was talking with some friends today about hard games and brought up Alien Hominid. I looked it up to see if it was on any currenr systems, and quite a few sites list a... GIZMONDO PORT?!

@tomfulp any info on dis?

Love you guys <3

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-05-29 14:22:37

At 5/29/22 02:18 PM, Taka wrote:

Tuna Technologies ported Alien Hominid to the GBA in Europe and it was published by Zoo Digital, our European publisher. I guess there's a chance they made that same port work on the Gizmondo and I'm just totally forgetting about it... Maybe it was listed for publishing but never actually got released?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-05-29 14:27:45

At 5/29/22 02:22 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/29/22 02:18 PM, Taka wrote:

Tuna Technologies ported Alien Hominid to the GBA in Europe and it was published by Zoo Digital, our European publisher. I guess there's a chance they made that same port work on the Gizmondo and I'm just totally forgetting about it... Maybe it was listed for publishing but never actually got released?

Huh, would Mr paladin know more?

Love you guys <3

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-05-29 14:33:18

At 5/29/22 02:27 PM, Taka wrote: Huh, would Mr paladin know more?

Maybe, I'll have to ask.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Gizmondo? 2022-05-29 14:34:24

At 5/29/22 02:33 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/29/22 02:27 PM, Taka wrote: Huh, would Mr paladin know more?
Maybe, I'll have to ask.

Okie dokie!

Love you guys <3

BBS Signature