00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

game that gaves you frustration and agony

1,420 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

s

BBS Signature

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-05 21:30:49

Dark Souls and Souls game (formally just called Action RPGs) give me frustration because people like talking about how good it is. Thank you for your time.

BBS Signature

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-10 17:35:14

Wolfenstein: The New Order for sure, managing to keep a good reserve of ammo while making sure each bullet counts was nightmarish

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-12 03:43:41

X-Com 2: Terror From The Deep.

Damn lobsters and mind control things.

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-14 07:33:48

Kirby and the rainbow curse

the controls are like not good and it almost made me want to break my controller because of how bad it is

BBS Signature

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-15 03:48:48

iu_472815_7997953.png

god this game is so freakin hard i've tried to reach score 500 for 3days and didn't make it

s

BBS Signature

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-16 16:56:51

Zone of the enders 2, in the HD collection.

I absolutely arent keen on it compared to the first game, which while it lacked a proper story, it had an atmosphere that really was something else and it felt like a game with weight. The way that jehuty controls in ZOE2 is genuinely infuriating, its like the mechanics that made things so seamless with Jehuty in ZOE1 arent there, and its like it was downgraded. There are a fuckton of bullshit parts of this game, stemming from having to catch up with a moving train that moves faster than you do and one hit send you flying back which can cause you to fail, to having to quickly kill a boss thats killing an AI buddy on your side which gives you a game over.

The plot feels like the most annoyingly anime-ish thing ever, and its not really a stellar kind of anime either. ZOE1 worked because it had atmosphere, because everything felt so barren and sudden. There was a sense of danger with ZOE, a very space-y feel to everything about it. ZOE2 tosses it out the window by having an extremely annoyingly narrow plot, only giving the best upgrades until the end which basically make the game a cakewalk, having bullshit moments that can instakill you, and basically downgrading the controls because it wasnt to be more mecha than it already is. Jehuty just doesnt feel right in ZOE2.

I came away from ZOE1 being absolutely astounded by how fun and good of an experience it was. 2 fucking pissed me off. Its a genuinely bad sequel that lacks so much of what made the original great. It should have ended at ZOE, because to me, ZOE2 is just aggravating.

Vibin~! ^w^

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-17 12:03:05

At 10/18/21 02:18 AM, OWD5238 wrote: [Tohou chinese sculpture flash]
https://flasharch.com/en/archive/play/0d59437168dcda314328cf18dc8453c6

cat mario lmao

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-17 16:08:00

Mega Man X7. Never have I hated a game more than this one.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-21 08:34:33

God of War on PS2 on the hardest difficulty, specifically the part where you’re fighting shadow versions of yourself.

BBS Signature

Crash Bash.

Playing casually its a fun game, trying to beat it its a frustrating game. Trying to 100% it you will, without fail, get angry at the game and hate it to the core. It is a sadistic experience yet is somehow also addictive to the point where you still wanted to try to beat it, if just to finally be able to tell it to go fuck itself.

Fun fact. It turns out the game DOES cheat just like anyone playing it suspected and got angry at it for doing. It gives the computer players advantages which are sometimes very large on the gem and crystal levels like taking less damage and dealing more damage in the tank levels. So you are right for getting pissed off at them somehow surviving what killed you.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-25 10:34:11

Borderlands 2 (when playing it single player).

The gameplay is all fine and well, but the looter part of that looter-shooter is what gets annoying. You get so many guns, all of em working slightly different, with their own stats and effects. It constantly breaks the pace when you pick up new stuff, and have to spend your time reading the tiny letters, then making choices of what to use and what to toss away.

I could just as well just ignore all of the drops, but than I'll miss out on a cool weapon or get into shit later in the game.

Not so much a problem when playing it online co-op, then I can just shoot away and let the rest do all the reading and thinking.

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-26 16:41:19

Skywars and Bedwars on Hypixel, Cuphead, SSBU, just any game that has a game over feature.

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-11-26 18:14:01

Wizardry. If you know you know.

No pods, no casters

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-12-06 15:42:33

I tried playing Nocturne before SMT5 came out, and I just couldn't get behind it. I know it's a game from 2003, but with how they tried to modernize how movement worked, and with everything getting a new, shiny 3D model, they kept so much of the jank BS from the SNES games it's hard for me to enjoy. Plus, the issue of random crits happening is really annoying for me, with them granting extra turns can ruin a lot of strategies, even when it's been working incredibly well up until then.

Plus I think the Demi-Fiend looks like a tool, which is apparently an incredibly unpopular opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-12-11 20:13:00

Cuphead, I stopped playing it cuz the bosses are too hard.

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

Hope you have a good day! <3

(Kirby says hi!) [Sig art by @soundskies]

BBS Signature

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-12-11 21:12:19

Blinx the Time Sweeper. I love the characters, but I couldn't even beat the last level because I was both emotionally and physically drained from going through the last rounds.

Note to anyone that wants to play Blinx: Prepare yourself for a hell of a time (good or bad, you decide!)

Currently playing: Pokemon Black, Shadow the Hedgehog, Ace Attorney 3

BBS Signature

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-12-12 03:46:21

Castlevania 64 would definitely be up there. On the whole I actually enjoyed that game but there were definitely some frustrating moments with the controls and I remember the final boss battle being an absolute nightmare.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

At 12/6/21 03:42 PM, ultimatricks wrote: I tried playing Nocturne before SMT5 came out, and I just couldn't get behind it. I know it's a game from 2003, but with how they tried to modernize how movement worked, and with everything getting a new, shiny 3D model, they kept so much of the jank BS from the SNES games it's hard for me to enjoy. Plus, the issue of random crits happening is really annoying for me, with them granting extra turns can ruin a lot of strategies, even when it's been working incredibly well up until then.
Plus I think the Demi-Fiend looks like a tool, which is apparently an incredibly unpopular opinion.

Love Nocturne so I can't relate, but yeah, its tough. Random encounters can easily kill you. Lots of enemies spam one-hit kill moves or exploit your weaknesses. You definitely gotta plan your resistances.

No pods, no casters

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-12-12 16:11:54

At 12/12/21 02:42 PM, VulcanSurge wrote:
At 11/17/21 04:08 PM, Tritnew wrote: Mega Man X7. Never have I hated a game more than this one.
Not the worst game I've ever played but Flame Hyenard definitely gave me PTSD.

Flame Hyenard was the beginning of the game's downward spiral for me.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-12-12 23:45:08

Noita. Its a great game, but its a hard, blatantly unbalanced at times roguelike that I suck at. Again though, incredible game worth looking into.

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-12-14 13:55:04

Fuck Around the Clock at Bikini Bottom. This game is the definition of cheap. The game relies way too much on luck, resulting in shit that's not even your fault like Pear waking up or Doodle Patrick being below you at the worst fucking time. Gloveworld might be one of the worst fucking beginner levels I have ever encountered in a video game, why the fuck does the first real level begin with a chase scene where there are jellyfish that can fucking combo stun you? Who thought that a maze with the objective and two things you need to ace the level get into random rooms that can take a long time to find while adding an unavoidable chaser that blinds you so the other two pwn you was a good idea? Oh, btw, the game is full of intent deaths, so have fun.

Honesty, the only level I can call good is the Tutorial because it isn't frustrating, it not teaching you about Extras, something that the game never tells you about, was weird thou.

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-12-15 14:43:31

Guilty Gear X2 The Midnight Carnival, that final boss is a nightmare to beat, slutty witch beating the shit out of you over and over is enough to make you go insane.

BBS Signature

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2021-12-31 18:44:14

Cell Damage on the ps3 always made me so frustrated when i was younger

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2022-01-06 11:08:47

Hotline Miami 2.I like the game but it's really fucking hard.And if you thought the normal mode was bad,let me introduce you to the hard mode.I completed the game twice on normal mode but I can't finish the third level on hard mode.

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2022-01-07 04:33:25

I used to play these mobile games called "Homescapes" and ''Matchington Mansion'' (and maybe other games copying the idea of these 2) that got really hard and really repetitive to the point where I got tired of them.

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2022-01-07 04:50:11

In Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) There was a cop mission so hard I stopped trying to beat the whole game, and in Test Drive Unlimited 2, the driving lessons you have to take before using a class of cars are harder than the actual races themselves, INSANE!

wanna be the guy because rage games but still love it

NESticle Now!

BBS Signature

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2022-01-10 04:44:12

any mega man game

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

Response to game that gaves you frustration and agony 2022-02-17 19:20:04

hotline miami for sure