00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

treese's things - my new art thread (often NSFW)

381 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey there! I'm treese, an amateur "artist" that's been at it for about a year now. Art's far from my main hobby/passion, it's just a thing I do every now and then that I decide to post online, for some reason. I'm far, FAR from good, I'm frankly quite shit, but there's always room for improvement, right?

I primarily do lewd/pinup style art, usually depicting a series of OCs from a universe/story for a series I've been slowly developing for a while, almost entirely consisting of naked elemental girls (a concept heavily inspired by Twitter artist Akai Riot, go check him out, he's a huge inspiration of mine) because horni c:

This "lore" is pretty confusing and expansive, so I made a Twitter thread that'll give you an idea of what the general story/universe is like, albeit a very confusing, disjointed one as I have yet to write everything down into a more comprehensive and cohesive format. The most important thing to know is that it centers on this character who is pretty much my "main OC"/"mascot," the gas elemental Eitr, who I like to draw a lot because she's cute :)

iu_429528_9137726.webp

I don't just do Eitr-verse stuff, just mostly Eitr-verse stuff. Sometimes I'll do a weird one-off lewd drawing, a concept character design sketch for an OC I have that's attached to other stories I've come up with, or fanart that also functions as a thumbnail for one of the several video essays I make on my YouTube channel, which is currently my favorite drawing of mine.

iu_429527_9137726.webp

I've kind of waned off of doing personal art as of late, I just haven't felt the motivation to do it + I've been super occupied with starting college. Luckily, I'm attending an art school, so there's a good chance I'll start posting stuff again, it just won't be like my old NSFW stuff, rather it'll probably just be whatever project I'm working on that I feel like posting. That's part of why I'm making this new thread, to mark the beginning of this new paradigm, this new era. This is a thread for art-school treese, not "I just made a Newgrounds account yesterday and have no idea what I'm doing" treese. Expect that art project stuff I mentioned, alongside maybe some new personal/Eitrverse stuff, if I ever feel like doing that again. Hopefully, it'll be a lot better now that I'm going to a fucking art school.

Critique/feedback is obviously appreciated. Shit, if anything I need it more than ever considering that I'll be posting school projects, so feel free to give your thoughts on what could be improved.

Anyways, that's about it. I just felt like I should reboot/make a new art thread to go alongside this new chapter of my life and artistic career. Posts will be as sporadic as they were in my previous one, and by that, I mean very sporadic.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you like what you see.

Response to treese's things - my new art thread (often NSFW) 2021-09-26 01:49:30

At 9/25/21 09:28 PM, treeese wrote: Hey there! I'm treese, an amateur "artist" that's been at it for about a year now. Art's far from my main hobby/passion, it's just a thing I do every now and then that I decide to post online, for some reason. I'm far, FAR from good, I'm frankly quite shit, but there's always room for improvement, right?

I primarily do lewd/pinup style art, usually depicting a series of OCs from a universe/story for a series I've been slowly developing for a while, almost entirely consisting of naked elemental girls (a concept heavily inspired by Twitter artist Akai Riot, go check him out, he's a huge inspiration of mine) because horni c:
This "lore" is pretty confusing and expansive, so I made a Twitter thread that'll give you an idea of what the general story/universe is like, albeit a very confusing, disjointed one as I have yet to write everything down into a more comprehensive and cohesive format. The most important thing to know is that it centers on this character who is pretty much my "main OC"/"mascot," the gas elemental Eitr, who I like to draw a lot because she's cute :)

I don't just do Eitr-verse stuff, just mostly Eitr-verse stuff. Sometimes I'll do a weird one-off lewd drawing, a concept character design sketch for an OC I have that's attached to other stories I've come up with, or fanart that also functions as a thumbnail for one of the several video essays I make on my YouTube channel, which is currently my favorite drawing of mine.

I've kind of waned off of doing personal art as of late, I just haven't felt the motivation to do it + I've been super occupied with starting college. Luckily, I'm attending an art school, so there's a good chance I'll start posting stuff again, it just won't be like my old NSFW stuff, rather it'll probably just be whatever project I'm working on that I feel like posting. That's part of why I'm making this new thread, to mark the beginning of this new paradigm, this new era. This is a thread for art-school treese, not "I just made a Newgrounds account yesterday and have no idea what I'm doing" treese. Expect that art project stuff I mentioned, alongside maybe some new personal/Eitrverse stuff, if I ever feel like doing that again. Hopefully, it'll be a lot better now that I'm going to a fucking art school.

Critique/feedback is obviously appreciated. Shit, if anything I need it more than ever considering that I'll be posting school projects, so feel free to give your thoughts on what could be improved.

Anyways, that's about it. I just felt like I should reboot/make a new art thread to go alongside this new chapter of my life and artistic career. Posts will be as sporadic as they were in my previous one, and by that, I mean very sporadic.

So you've been drawing for only a year? this is pretty good, considering when I was 1 year into making art my digital paintings could crack mirrors. It's harder to critique somebody this early into their artistic career, I'd say if you enjoy doing this then plug away at your fundamentals and study anatomy and such. Good luck!

At 9/26/21 01:49 AM, Loodrick wrote:
At 9/25/21 09:28 PM, treeese wrote: Hey there! I'm treese, an amateur "artist" that's been at it for about a year now. Art's far from my main hobby/passion, it's just a thing I do every now and then that I decide to post online, for some reason. I'm far, FAR from good, I'm frankly quite shit, but there's always room for improvement, right?

So you've been drawing for only a year? this is pretty good, considering when I was 1 year into making art my digital paintings could crack mirrors. It's harder to critique somebody this early into their artistic career, I'd say if you enjoy doing this then plug away at your fundamentals and study anatomy and such. Good luck!

Yep, I started back in ~October/November of last year, so it's basically been a full year. I pretty much didn't do any kind of drawing beyond worksheet doodles until then. And yep, those things you mentioned are pretty much exactly what I feel I need to work on. Like I said, I am currently attending an art school and am even taking some drawing classes, so hopefully that will rub off on my digital work, though if I'm being honest it's been a really long time since I last made a digital drawing, so that rustiness combined with my newfound longing for a stylus/tablet instead of a mouse after taking all these drawing classes has made it really hard to get back into doing personal stuff again, so we'll see.

Thanks for the kind words, though!

Response to treese's things - my new art thread (often NSFW) 2021-10-01 15:15:25

At 9/25/21 09:28 PM, treeese wrote: Hey there! I'm treese, an amateur "artist" that's been at it for about a year now. Art's far from my main hobby/passion, it's

Looks alright

Response to treese's things - my new art thread (often NSFW) 2021-12-16 12:40:40

I'm back! I've been at art school for like the past 3 months, been stuck in a massive art block, and been struggling with mild depression for a bit, so I haven't really been making much personal art with my characters. However, now that I'm finished with my first quarter and am on break, I do have a bunch of stuff from college to share. I don't know how much will go here, but it will all be posted on my profile in this playlist: https://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/dd85e9fda1356a1265b9eea328442ac6

I thought I'd at least post two of the highlights, though.iu_498712_9137726.webpiu_498713_9137726.webp

I go into much more detail on the individual pieces in their respective posts on my profile, so be sure to check those out.

Response to treese's things - my new art thread (often NSFW) 2022-06-05 17:53:46

Damn, it's been a while. I totally forgot about this thread lol

Anyways, I just finished my final quarter of my first year of art school, and I had a Drawing II class, so I'll post some stuff from that

Here's my second project, which was essentially a mixed media project where we had to draw a meme with an animal and natural object, both in colored pencil, on top of an unrelated watercolored background.

iu_658396_9137726.webp

I go into much more detail in the OG artpost:

Here's my third and final project, a pastel drawing which I'm not going to even bother explaining here, just go to the OG art post if you want the context:

iu_658397_9137726.webp

Response to treese's things - my new art thread (often NSFW) 2022-09-01 21:14:04

I keep forgetting to post my stuff here lol

I drew the Lamb from Cult of the Lamb because they're super cute!iu_741305_9137726.webp