00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme
Upgrade Your Account!

Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

July Game Jam Theme: Egg!

60,154 Views | 138 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-19 22:36:03

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

To participate, make a web-playable game that incorporates the theme and upload it here by end of day (PST) Sunday, July 25th. Include the tag “July-Jam-2021” so we find it.

You can use whatever tools you like and are allowed to work with teams. We highly recommend teaming up with artists and musicians here on NG!

Your game can’t include copyrighted characters or unlicensed music. For example, you can’t make a game with Mario sprites and Lady Gaga music.

You can however optionally pop the July Jam logo in your game!

If you’d like to add medals and high scores to your game, check out our API at Newgrounds.io. The project system portion of our API setup is getting a big update NEXT WEEK so check back in for that announcement.

Entries will be judged by @Figburn, @Eli and myself. Eli will also be hosting a stream where he plays all your games.

We’ve crowdfunded prize money!

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

If you’d like to chip in, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Game Jam.

Entries will also be eligible for our monthly awards for best games based on original material. The #1 game of July will win $200, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd.

Current Sponsors:

@AnonymousAlchemist - $200
@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

You’re welcome to hang out in the Game Jam Discord and chat with other jammers, or post right in this thread. Happy Jamming!

Other Events

@Noodle is hosting a Fancy Pants Art Contest to celebrate the FP Classic Pack on Steam!

Newgrounds Underdogs’ Audio Contest tryouts are in progress!

Saturday Morning Newgrounds Animation Jam deadline is July 23rd!

Audio Deathmatch Audition deadline is July 19th!

Ultimate Hum chiptune music deadline is July 18th!

Clock Day is August 15th, celebrating 20 years of B and with prizes!

Jam Promo art by @Figburn!

My coder just quit I need a coder plz dm me QUICK

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-20 03:25:56

lol ok

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-20 13:15:53

I drew an egg. It's not a game but it IS an egg. Unless you think I'm playing some kind of game with your head, then it is a game.

BBS Signature

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

To participate, make a web-playable game that incorporates the theme and upload it here by end of day (PST) Sunday, July 25th. Include the tag “July-Jam-2021” so we find it.

You can use whatever tools you like and are allowed to work with teams. We highly recommend teaming up with artists and musicians here on NG!

Your game can’t include copyrighted characters or unlicensed music. For example, you can’t make a game with Mario sprites and Lady Gaga music.

If you’d like to add medals and high scores to your game, check out our API at Newgrounds.io. The project system portion of our API setup is getting a big update NEXT WEEK so check back in for that announcement.

Entries will be judged by @Figburn, @Eli and myself. Eli will also be hosting a stream where he plays all your games.

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

If you’d like to chip in, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Game Jam.

Entries will also be eligible for our monthly awards for best games based on original material. The #1 game of July will win $200, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd.

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

You’re welcome to hang out in the Game Jam Discord and chat with other jammers, or post right in this thread. Happy Jamming!

Other Events

@Noodle is hosting a Fancy Pants Art Contest to celebrate the FP Classic Pack on Steam!

Are you’re Sure?

(it might be a copyright of roblox) (eggcellent more like egg hunt?)

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-20 20:59:13

At 7/18/21 04:09 AM, Eggy wrote: Wait a second... An egg jam?!

WAIT

A

SECOND

HALF MY GAMES ARE EGG GAMES

THIS IS YOUR MOMENT!

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-21 12:29:41

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

what about the dreamsmp lore?

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-21 16:53:12

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

nightmares

cop

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-21 16:53:37

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-21 19:16:26

The Jam theme is “Egg.”

1st - $775
2nd - $535
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $101

Current Sponsors:

@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@Aron-Ato - $50
@yeahha - $40
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
@NamelessNathan - $25
@Wegra - $5
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Other Events

I can't wait for the submissions

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-22 12:47:49

iu_364471_8950972.webpI can finally buy my ebay listing with the jam´s money!

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-22 13:33:23

This will be a lot of fun , it looks like a kid thing. >_<

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-23 00:46:04

I am no longer fucking busy (got fired)

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-23 21:54:12

okeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

esten vs lizi

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-25 00:01:37

I can't find any egg themed submissions in the tag, am I doing something wrong or did no one submit?

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-25 01:16:31

At 7/25/21 12:01 AM, Retrobolt wrote: I can't find any egg themed submissions in the tag, am I doing something wrong or did no one submit?

Are you sure you're using the right tag?

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-25 22:15:16

At 7/25/21 01:16 AM, BryceSummer wrote:
At 7/25/21 12:01 AM, Retrobolt wrote: I can't find any egg themed submissions in the tag, am I doing something wrong or did no one submit?
Are you sure you're using the right tag?

My bad, I had the filter on.

Thanks!

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-26 07:49:21

If I upload my game later tonight is it too late to tag it as july game jam?

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-26 09:01:10

At 7/26/21 07:49 AM, RigaheaD wrote: If I upload my game later tonight is it too late to tag it as july game jam?

It will still be included in the collection and will be part of the judging process, although it will be considered a late entry.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to July Game Jam Theme: Egg! 2021-07-29 06:13:01

Waiting to see the winner of all things Eggs.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature