00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGUAC 2021 Tryouts

31,111 Views | 546 Replies

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-15 17:37:06

At 8/15/21 05:30 PM, Blahooga-DMD wrote: Like the results would be shown there? :o

I'll link you to a Google Drive spreadsheet of the scores that will have the people moving onto the next round highlighted in green.

In the past, I've posted a tag list of people who did and didn't make it, but then what happens is it pings all of the users on the tag list anytime someone responds to the post, which gets super annoying, especially for the people who didn't make it. So I'm trying to avoid that this year.

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-15 18:02:17

At 8/15/21 05:37 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 8/15/21 05:30 PM, Blahooga-DMD wrote: Like the results would be shown there? :o
I'll link you to a Google Drive spreadsheet of the scores that will have the people moving onto the next round highlighted in green.

In the past, I've posted a tag list of people who did and didn't make it, but then what happens is it pings all of the users on the tag list anytime someone responds to the post, which gets super annoying, especially for the people who didn't make it. So I'm trying to avoid that this year.

oh dear. I remember that last year. Lol

listen to my Fl Studio Mobile tracks here

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-15 22:00:49

Sorry. Last question. Is there a specific time of day we will see the results?

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-15 22:41:40

At 8/15/21 10:00 PM, Blahooga-DMD wrote: Sorry. Last question. Is there a specific time of day we will see the results?

As soon as the judges are done, lol. My best guess at this point is around 1:00 am Eastern Time. Sorry for the delay, everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 00:44:40

The anxiety for the results rn are killing me lmao. First real contest I've participated in on Newgrounds.

On a Quest for Perfection

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 01:55:52

Sorry to do this to everyone, but it's looking more like 5-6 am right now. A couple of the judges are still finishing up. I plan on taking a "phased sleep" tonight myself.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 03:21:59

At 8/16/21 01:55 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: Sorry to do this to everyone, but it's looking more like 5-6 am right now. A couple of the judges are still finishing up. I plan on taking a "phased sleep" tonight myself.

Oh, no worries! They can take their time! I’m just going to sleep myself as it’s midnight. I’m happy to wake up to the results if anything. Cya all in the morning!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 03:35:53

At 8/16/21 12:44 AM, Ziondiac wrote: The anxiety for the results rn are killing me lmao. First real contest I've participated in on Newgrounds.

yeah same lmao

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 04:23:50

hey guys, putting my reviews up soon. few notes about my scores + your reviews:

• my score is based almost entirely on gut feelings and personal preferences
  • my review is not an exhaustive list of reasons why i gave the score i did
  • if you got a bad score it doesn't matter, keep doing what you're doing.
  • if you got a good score don't let it get to your head, you can always do better!
  • if you don't understand or want clarification on something i wrote you can PM me (let me know if english is not your first language).
  • if you want revenge you can 0-bomb this track: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1067409

thanks for competing everyone. these contests keep me coming back to NG and i'm always surprised by the talent from new faces. peace xx

p.s. i am gay

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 05:18:32 (edited 2021-08-16 05:18:42)

At 8/16/21 04:23 AM, midimachine wrote:

LOL. I literally can't imagine zero-bombing a piece you wrote, Midi.

Anyway, if people want to know who made it into the next round and stuff, you can find out HERE.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 06:20:11 (edited 2021-08-16 06:20:26)

OH also a few things that were common problems that I didn't mention in my reviews very often, but kinda bugged me:

make sure your tracks zero-cross at the start and end, that means make sure your entire reverb tail is rendered and that you have some space before the very start of your track so it doesn't get cut off or cause your first transient to get spiked really hard

try to make sure your tracks are finished. lots of loops and half-songs here.

a little bit of headroom goes a long way - mp3 encoding increases the frequency of intersample peaking, and the lower bitrate your mp3 the worse the ISPs are. keep your peaks at -0.5dB at least and this can help reduce the effect of mp3 ISPs and make your loud songs feel loud without having as many scratchy little compression artifacts that you didn't hear while making it.

p.s. i am gay

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 11:25:16

(repost from the other thread)

congrats to those moving on! and huge up to those who didn't quite make it, please feel free to PM me asking for detailed feedback on your track. I tend to have a lower average score (even though it doesn't mean anything relatively), and so before you start hating on me, note that I am giving everyone 5 stars on their track no matter what score I judged. so I'm glad to help but please keep it friendly :)

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 12:07:05 (edited 2021-08-16 12:08:49)

@midi: thx 2 make clear whats cool 4 u !

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 12:42:59 (edited 2021-08-16 12:44:23)

At 8/16/21 11:25 AM, acxle wrote: (repost from the other thread)

congrats to those moving on! and huge up to those who didn't quite make it, please feel free to PM me asking for detailed feedback on your track. I tend to have a lower average score (even though it doesn't mean anything relatively), and so before you start hating on me, note that I am giving everyone 5 stars on their track no matter what score I judged. so I'm glad to help but please keep it friendly :)

givin' 5 stars but judge different is a way 2 go, every jugde should join your way, instead linkin his\her own tune 4 "revenge" ....its more like fishin' 4 compliments ;) (only a smilin' wink, no offense intended ;))

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 19:00:16 (edited 2021-08-16 19:02:52)

At 8/16/21 12:42 PM, kinupsi wrote: givin' 5 stars but judge different is a way 2 go, every jugde should join your way, instead linkin his\her own tune 4 "revenge" ....its more like fishin' 4 compliments ;) (only a smilin' wink, no offense intended ;))

don't upload loops to a song contest lol

also:

At 8/16/21 04:23 AM, midimachine wrote: my review is not an exhaustive list of reasons why i gave the score i did

your entry was not very good for many reasons. i'm sorry if you were very proud of your entry, but i'm not sorry for both scoring and judging honestly

p.s. i am gay

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-16 19:04:54

At 8/16/21 12:07 PM, kinupsi wrote: @midi: thx 2 make clear whats cool 4 u !

you're welcome btw

p.s. i am gay

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 01:02:23 (edited 2021-08-17 01:11:35)

At 8/16/21 07:00 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 8/16/21 12:42 PM, kinupsi wrote: givin' 5 stars but judge different is a way 2 go, every jugde should join your way, instead linkin his\her own tune 4 "revenge" ....its more like fishin' 4 compliments ;) (only a smilin' wink, no offense intended ;))
don't upload loops to a song contest lol

sry, but this 'advise' is stupid! Its in the rulez, so live with it, or quit judging!

also:

At 8/16/21 04:23 AM, midimachine wrote: my review is not an exhaustive list of reasons why i gave the score i did
your entry was not very good for many reasons. i'm sorry if you were very proud of your entry, but i'm not sorry for both scoring and judging

I didnt criticize your judgement or your 'honesty', but your approach and how u write/talk etc.... 4 example i didnt asked u, 2 judge here again .... but i c, i kicked your ego, so sry... but u r no good judge, imho. (dont go upset again, please...but if u will: pm, me! in my experience everything is ok, if pm is written)

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 01:04:20

At 8/16/21 07:04 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 8/16/21 12:07 PM, kinupsi wrote: @midi: thx 2 make clear whats cool 4 u !
you're welcome btw

yeah, yeah...never mind ;)

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 01:32:16 (edited 2021-08-17 01:33:23)

At 8/17/21 01:02 AM, kinupsi wrote: I didnt criticize your judgement or your 'honesty', but your approach and how u write/talk etc.... 4 example i didnt asked u, 2 judge here again .... but i c, i kicked your ego, so sry... but u r no good judge, imho. (dont go upset again, please...but if u will: pm, me! in my experience everything is ok, if pm is written)

that's nice, but when did i ask you what you think? if you can't handle a response don't post lmao

p.s. i am gay

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 01:41:26 (edited 2021-08-17 01:44:23)

At 8/17/21 01:32 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 8/17/21 01:02 AM, kinupsi wrote: I didnt criticize your judgement or your 'honesty', but your approach and how u write/talk etc.... 4 example i didnt asked u, 2 judge here again .... but i c, i kicked your ego, so sry... but u r no good judge, imho. (dont go upset again, please...but if u will: pm, me! in my experience everything is ok, if pm is written)
that's nice, but when did i ask you what you think? if you can't handle a response don't post lmao

Its the other way around, but i c u r the type, who cant take critics! I dont need your approve 2 criticize you and your behaviour! Who do u think u r?! U r unprofessional, quit judging if u cant handle critics about your 'style' ... pm me, if u r thinking about responding. thx

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 02:10:34

At 8/17/21 01:41 AM, kinupsi wrote: Its the other way around, but i c u r the type, who cant take critics! I dont need your approve 2 criticize you and your behaviour! Who do u think u r?! U r unprofessional, quit judging if u cant handle critics about your 'style' ... pm me, if u r thinking about responding. thx

you seem very upset about this, maybe you shouldn't submit to competitions and reply to me on the forum if it makes you feel this way.

p.s. i am gay

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 03:56:10 (edited 2021-08-17 04:00:41)

At 8/17/21 02:10 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 8/17/21 01:41 AM, kinupsi wrote: Its the other way around, but i c u r the type, who cant take critics! I dont need your approve 2 criticize you and your behaviour! Who do u think u r?! U r unprofessional, quit judging if u cant handle critics about your 'style' ... pm me, if u r thinking about responding. thx
you seem very upset about this, maybe you shouldn't submit to competitions and reply to me on the forum if it makes you feel this way.

again, u use my own words against me, and again u ignore my wish 2 pm....i get a feelin' that u r unable 2 comprehend what i say, so i set u free with that kind of mindset. u r kindly dismissed. its obvious,now: u cant handle critics. calm down, and put your ego down, my kind advise 4 u only, coz i got no discussion with other judges but u. think about it, or just 4get it. but remember, this useless discussion started, coz i criticised u!

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 04:25:27

@midimachine: i get what youre saying but people can have their opinions, so they dont need to ask you for their opinions. but... on the other hand;

@kinupsi - stop being a dick. I'm just saying this as straightforward as possible. Just stop. Seems like youre angry about not getting a great score, and then telling people to stop judging or leaving reviews just because you don't like it when people are honest. If people werent supposed to review music on newgrounds, why is there a rate/comment section, eh? Stop flaring up the forums with unbased attacks at judges, you'll only get yourself banned and have people chuckle at your recieved karma when they scroll through these pages.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 04:52:19

At 8/17/21 04:25 AM, Axova wrote: @midimachine: i get what youre saying but people can have their opinions, so they dont need to ask you for their opinions. but... on the other hand;
@kinupsi - stop being a dick. I'm just saying this as straightforward as possible. Just stop. Seems like youre angry about not getting a great score, and then telling people to stop judging or leaving reviews just because you don't like it when people are honest. If people werent supposed to review music on newgrounds, why is there a rate/comment section, eh? Stop flaring up the forums with unbased attacks at judges, you'll only get yourself banned and have people chuckle at your recieved karma when they scroll through these pages.

first: i was never a dick and never will be. please apologize. if u r really read all u wouldnt write that. i never insulted u or others, so apologize.

...and thats what i tried 2 say before: i never mentioned and never meant, that my critic is about the score. Thats what midi and u said or think but dont put in my mouth and others mind, its not the case. thats wrong and unfair!

if u r not sure, what the reason is, just ask but dont bugger me. Please read all my words, instead picking some words which even only midi used\said.

i asked midi 2 pm, if responding, so who is the dick?

and frankly, i am a very long member and supported this site financially. i find it very hefty that u talk about unbased flaring , karma and chuckling etc. i did not start this, i was only critical and we live in a democratic world.

your threat about banning is so unnecessary and unbalanced...but i think u ll know that by yourself.

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 05:04:24 (edited 2021-08-17 05:17:24)

@ all: i sent midi and axo a PM. if there r another misunderstandings, please PM and dont post here, like i said some posts before 2 midi. i hope axo and midi will finally respect my wish and will PM further on. Thx.

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 05:07:49 (edited 2021-08-17 05:09:27)

double post, my fault

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 05:17:55

At 8/17/21 05:07 AM, kinupsi wrote: doubl mark 2

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 05:50:46

What a fustercuck.

Related to having no self-awareness, I *really* need to limit myself to reviewing only tracks people ask me in the first rounds of these things... If anyone wants a review on their track outside the professional amateur group, message me on the discord server.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 05:56:11 (edited 2021-08-17 05:56:33)

At 8/17/21 04:52 AM, kinupsi wrote:
At 8/17/21 04:25 AM, Axova wrote: @midimachine: i get what youre saying but people can have their opinions, so they dont need to ask you for their opinions. but... on the other hand;
first: i was never a dick and never will be. please apologize. if u r really read all u wouldnt write that. i never insulted u or others, so apologize.
...and thats what i tried 2 say before: i never mentioned and never meant, that my critic is about the score. Thats what midi and u said or think but dont put in my mouth and others mind, its not the case. thats wrong and unfair!

if u r not sure, what the reason is, just ask but dont bugger me. Please read all my words, instead picking some words which even only midi used\said.

i asked midi 2 pm, if responding, so who is the dick?

and frankly, i am a very long member and supported this site financially. i find it very hefty that u talk about unbased flaring , karma and chuckling etc. i did not start this, i was only critical and we live in a democratic world.

your threat about banning is so unnecessary and unbalanced...but i think u ll know that by yourself.

1: i never said ima ban you, im just saying you might end up being banned if you kept acting like that

2: thanks for the compliment to australia in my dms, very not sarcastic <3

3: ima just like stop talking about this now and watch you get banned or whatever if you keep this going and i dont wanna get banned with you for starting ng drama lmao :))))

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2021 Tryouts 2021-08-17 06:06:21 (edited 2021-08-17 06:09:46)

1: i never said ima ban you, im just saying you might end up being banned if you kept acting like that

i never said u could ban me, but your threat is unnecessary and i dont act, i reacted....maybe i ll make u understand via PM

2: thanks for the compliment to australia in my dms, very not sarcastic <3

u r being a dick, now - i wasnt sarcastic about it

3: ima just like stop talking about this now and watch you get banned or whatever if you keep this going and i dont wanna get banned with you for starting ng drama lmao :))))

so stop and answer per PM, whats your intention by still posting here, u wont get assistance by actin' like that. U r going 2 make a fool by yourself, mate.