00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jestyx3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

libraries are dope

131 Views | 17 Replies

libraries are dope 2021-06-27 00:32:00

i dont thin enough people take full advantage of their libraries, unfortunately, i dont either. most people dont know how lucky they if they have a nice looking library. libraries nowadays can scan stuff for you, print stuff out. some have really nice and fast computers. one time my pc was having trouble running a scratch code thing but the library pc had no problem with it. plus they usually give you 1 free hour everyday, forever, just for signing up. some fancy ones have 3d printer where they'll really just pint some 3d model you download. lots of them have tax help and someone to guide you. many have a programs where they give out free books period. lots of clubs.

when i lived in mexico. there used to be some home business that could print or scan things for you, you usually had to fo to an internet cafe in order to get stuff done there which was a bit pricey. overall, kinda inconvenient

seriously, check out what your local library has to offer besides book loans. they should have a little booklet with events that are coming up. take advantage of it bc, if you pay taxes(i dont know you), you are literally paying for it and not taking advantage of it

professional putter togetherer

favorite inspirational quote

horniest BBS user UwU Nya~

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 00:47:22

At 6/27/21 12:35 AM, Gettysburg wrote: My sister used to check out DVDs instead of using redbox n shit

very smart. i heard some libraries you can check out videogames, havent seen one that does tho

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 02:13:55

True, the library near me always was a fun place to visit, but now it's been like over a decade since I've been there so ehhh

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 02:18:11

At 6/27/21 02:13 AM, ZeusDahGoose wrote: True, the library near me always was a fun place to visit, but now it's been like over a decade since I've been there so ehhh

do it

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 02:24:39

At 6/27/21 02:21 AM, Gettysburg wrote:
At 6/27/21 02:13 AM, ZeusDahGoose wrote: True, the library near me always was a fun place to visit, but now it's been like over a decade since I've been there so ehhh
If you like comic books you can check em out there. Did that shit back in high school... no way I'm paying $3 an issue when I can check out an entire volume for free...

actually buying the manga/ lightnovel is a guilty pleasure of mine albeit a very expensive one. but i did check out a lot of books

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 02:30:49

At 6/27/21 02:29 AM, Gettysburg wrote:
At 6/27/21 02:24 AM, anymany wrote:
If you like comic books you can check em out there. Did that shit back in high school... no way I'm paying $3 an issue when I can check out an entire volume for free...
actually buying the manga/ lightnovel is a guilty pleasure of mine albeit a very expensive one. but i did check out a lot of books
Ain't you read those backwards or some shit?

yep, it sure do. sometimes when i read a couple in a short span, my thinking sack is discombobulated and forgets how to read normally

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 02:38:33

At 6/27/21 02:35 AM, Gettysburg wrote:
At 6/27/21 02:30 AM, anymany wrote:
yep, it sure do. sometimes when i read a couple in a short span, my thinking sack is discombobulated and forgets how to read normally
Back when I was in elementary school I was able to read super fast for some reason, and when we would read a book together as a class, I would always read way faster than everyone else till I realized I could read at the same pace as them if I flipped the book upside down and read that way.... Maybe you can try that cos if you read it upside down you'd turn the pages all normal-like.

I can still read text upside down to this day, though it's never come in handy but once or twice.

lmao, what a flex. i have dyslexia (idk how i spelled that word right the first time) so i've always been slow at reading

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 02:38:53

At 6/27/21 02:35 AM, MoritzJunker wrote:
At 6/27/21 12:48 AM, Gettysburg wrote:
At 6/27/21 12:47 AM, anymany wrote:
At 6/27/21 12:35 AM, Gettysburg wrote: My sister used to check out DVDs instead of using redbox n shit
very smart. i heard some libraries you can check out videogames, havent seen one that does tho
It's a myth
Nah dude. I saw some at my local library recently. Most of them are for Wii or Ps3 though.

its a start

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 02:44:58

At 6/27/21 02:42 AM, Gettysburg wrote:
At 6/27/21 02:38 AM, anymany wrote:
At 6/27/21 02:35 AM, Gettysburg wrote:
At 6/27/21 02:30 AM, anymany wrote:
Back when I was in elementary school I was able to read super fast for some reason, and when we would read a book together as a class, I would always read way faster than everyone else till I realized I could read at the same pace as them if I flipped the book upside down and read that way.... Maybe you can try that cos if you read it upside down you'd turn the pages all normal-like.

I can still read text upside down to this day, though it's never come in handy but once or twice.
lmao, what a flex. i have dyslexia (idk how i spelled that word right the first time) so i've always been slow at reading
Lmao I didn't mean it that way I'm just drunk and ranty. Sides, I ain't had the attention span to read for fuckin years

i dont either lmao, i've always struggled with reading, teacher's just think im mentally disabled or smth. turns out might have adhd. any(many)ways. i find audiobook REALLY help and thankfully my library has some

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 09:15:13

At 6/27/21 02:18 AM, anymany wrote:
do it

what if I decline

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 10:36:12

I used to go to the nearby library to read about quantum theory/gravity/string theory when I was young. Stopped going there when ebooks became more popular.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 13:12:46

At 6/27/21 06:12 AM, BitSweetChoco wrote: I haven't been in a library in a long time. I already have a bunch of books and one ds book app, I really should read my books more often. But libraries are pretty nice though.

there is more than just book, sometimes they have like a club

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 13:13:14

At 6/27/21 09:15 AM, ZeusDahGoose wrote:
do it
what if I decline

i guess you dont like having unbroken elbows

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 13:14:10

At 6/27/21 10:36 AM, Sobolev wrote: I used to go to the nearby library to read about quantum theory/gravity/string theory when I was young. Stopped going there when ebooks became more popular.

some libraries have ebooks too, some even have the e-readers.

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-27 20:33:28

At 6/27/21 01:13 PM, anymany wrote:
do it
what if I decline

Maybe I don't, what are you gonna do about it

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-28 00:20:04

At 6/27/21 08:33 PM, ZeusDahGoose wrote:
At 6/27/21 01:13 PM, anymany wrote:
do it
what if I decline
Maybe I don't, what are you gonna do about it

keep ungoing to the library and you'll find out in 100-120 business years

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-28 00:54:43 (edited 2021-06-28 00:54:49)

agreed agreed agreed, it’s like free books! (except you have to return them soon)

BBS Signature

Response to libraries are dope 2021-06-28 00:57:21

At 6/28/21 12:54 AM, PancakesOne wrote: agreed agreed agreed, it’s like free books! (except you have to return them soon)

libraries often have book sales or even giveaways. i know of a couple that have even where they give you a bag anf you can take as many books as you can fit in there and keep them for very low or even free

BBS Signature