00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

didakf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Weirdest accidental hobby?

108 Views | 0 Replies

Anyone got any weird routines or hobbies that you stumbled into?

I take the recycling for most of my immediate family about every week. My "payment" is aluminum cans separate from the rest of it. I tell them it covers the gas so they don't try to pay me. It would, but the aluminum is actually my thrift store money lol.

My aunt gets every kind of magazine under the sun. Like. She even gets Forbes and some tech stuff I didn't even know about free from ordering other things in the mail. (Which I then end up assembling or "take home to work on" and buy her something that's actually decent. Don't order stuff in the mail haha).

Sorting through her junk mail for her, posting coupon codes online, and clipping particularly cool pictures is a weekly hobby for me now. It also gives me an idea on what tactics people are using to market to and exploit the elderly. As a family we watch out for her, because she is bipolar and can drop a crazy amount of money while she's manic. I take this information to local forums too and friends that take care of their elderly family. I also clip recipes I'll probably never try to make. It was a habit of my grandma's too. I guess it's genetic. No soup can goes unmolested in this house for that reason either. As shitty as Bon Appetit was to their staff, getting the magazine for free I don't mind keeping stuff out of it. Food is food.

I didn't really get into this out of particular interest. It just felt like a waste since most of them were never opened. I also sort and organize things nearly obsessively anyway, so it just feels right to do. So I have a hobby of sorting and redistributing information and coupons now.

Also. If anyone wants Hello Fresh codes or other bullshit just let me know. It's a scam IMO, but people always snap them up on reddit for some reason. I don't judge. Maybe I just don't understand it.