00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

She-Ra Princess of Power Club

963 Views | 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-02-11 04:19:57

This is the She-Ra Princess of Power Club. We can discuss the original show from the 1980's, the reboot from the 2010's, and everything else. Do you prefer She-Ra or the Horde. Who is your favorite character and why?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-02-17 05:05:55

I have noticed that the remake is really pushing the gay and lesbian theme. Several characters are either gay or bisexual. Which seems odd for a kids cartoon.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-02-17 11:58:48

At 2/17/21 05:05 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have noticed that the remake is really pushing the gay and lesbian theme. Several characters are either gay or bisexual. Which seems odd for a kids cartoon.

maybe because they want to support LGBT+ cuz in the UK they force school kids to watch these kinds of cartoons even tho the parents don't want them to watch it (._. )>

"Same things make us laugh, make us cry" - Big Smoke

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-02-17 12:16:24

At 2/11/21 04:19 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This is the She-Ra Princess of Power Club. We can discuss the original show from the 1980's, the reboot from the 2010's, and everything else. Do you prefer She-Ra or the Horde. Who is your favorite character and why?

I find it interesting that what was "Taboo" 10 years ago is now being "Pushed" and how my own tastes are now veing voewd as "Taboo"

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-02-17 12:18:32

At 2/11/21 04:19 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This is the She-Ra Princess of Power Club. We can discuss the original show from the 1980's, the reboot from the 2010's, and everything else. Do you prefer She-Ra or the Horde. Who is your favorite character and why?

Swiftwind is my favorite character hands down.....Because it is an intelligent Equine. I woudl like to see a story develop the character more..how would an intelligent horse feel being a beast of burden to a hero? How would they interact bewyond "Hey Giddyup"

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-02-19 05:07:33

At 2/17/21 11:58 AM, ultimber wrote:
At 2/17/21 05:05 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have noticed that the remake is really pushing the gay and lesbian theme. Several characters are either gay or bisexual. Which seems odd for a kids cartoon.
maybe because they want to support LGBT+ cuz in the UK they force school kids to watch these kinds of cartoons even tho the parents don't want them to watch it (._. )>

They actually force kids to watch it in the UK? I had no idea. What else do they force you to do?

BBS Signature

Oops double post.

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-02-23 20:47:46

At 2/23/21 08:45 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I call She-Ra or Frosta!!

iu_246995_1718917.jpg

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-02-24 11:56:59

Yeeeesss goooood.

I watched the 2010 one on a whim and it was waaaaaay better than i expected haha. Binged all the seasons in one go!

Really enjoyed the story and i'm actually pleased with the diversity of the characters!

Haven't seen the 1980 version though~

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-02-26 04:29:58

At 2/17/21 12:16 PM, Lordgriff0n wrote:
I find it interesting that what was "Taboo" 10 years ago is now being "Pushed" and how my own tastes are now veing voewd as "Taboo"

Yeah, things change all the time. You never know what will happen next. Things might even change back.

At 2/17/21 12:18 PM, Lordgriff0n wrote:
Swiftwind is my favorite character hands down.....Because it is an intelligent Equine. I woudl like to see a story develop the character more..how would an intelligent horse feel being a beast of burden to a hero? How would they interact bewyond "Hey Giddyup"

They really do not show Swiftwind that often. I think he is introduced in season two? I have seen him in less than 10 episodes in the remake. In the 80s original, he was seen more often.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-02-28 21:33:24

Oo happy to have found this thread! I love the netflix series specifically! I started watching it when on holiday in 2019, fell in love with it ^^ My favourite character is hands down Bow. I love him a lot! Second fave is Catra! Bow because i love his attitude on most things, and i can relate to him a lot! Plus archery is awesome. Catra because of her complex personality, and she was one of the reasons the show was such an emotional rollercoaster for me!

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-03-01 04:46:02

At 2/24/21 11:56 AM, MellonSnow wrote: Yeeeesss goooood.
I watched the 2010 one on a whim and it was waaaaaay better than i expected haha. Binged all the seasons in one go!
Really enjoyed the story and i'm actually pleased with the diversity of the characters!

Glad that you enjoyed ir. Binging in one session is quite a feat.

Haven't seen the 1980 version though~

The story and characters are different, but its still good in its own way.

At 2/28/21 09:33 PM, SRGduck wrote: Oo happy to have found this thread! I love the netflix series specifically! I started watching it when on holiday in 2019, fell in love with it ^^ My favourite character is hands down Bow. I love him a lot!

Bow is pretty much the man guy in the show. If you identify with guys, than stick with him.

Second fave is Catra! Bow because i love his attitude on most things, and i can relate to him a lot! Plus archery is awesome. Catra because of her complex personality, and she was one of the reasons the show was such an emotional rollercoaster for me!

Catra is the best character over all IMO. She really needs a weapon and an upgrade to be equal with She-Ra. Having a sword that changes shapes, and growing at least a foot and about 50 pounds on muscle, gives She-Ra such an unfair advantage.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-03-01 12:36:22

At 2/26/21 04:29 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Yeah, things change all the time. You never know what will happen next. Things might even change back.

They really do not show Swiftwind that often. I think he is introduced in season two? I have seen him in less than 10 episodes in the remake. In the 80s original, he was seen more often.

The remake made me nauseous after about 3 episodes, but I know they made Swiftwind a non sentient animal terrified of She Ra at first... He was also normallyan alicorn, insted of a normal horse transformed by the sword.

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-03-01 15:40:08

At 3/1/21 12:36 PM, Lordgriff0n wrote:

The remake made me nauseous after about 3 episodes, but I know they made Swiftwind a non sentient animal terrified of She Ra at first... He was also normallyan alicorn, insted of a normal horse transformed by the sword.

See because i had no previous knowledge on She-Ra prior to watching the netflix series, it meant i could take to the changes and differences a lot more! Im personally not a fan of most of what ive seen of the original.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-03-02 02:29:05

At 3/1/21 12:36 PM, Lordgriff0n wrote:

Swiftwind is my favorite character hands down.

Yes, they really down played Swiftwind's importance. They also did not do the sword transforming him.

At 3/1/21 03:40 PM, SRGduck wrote:
See because i had no previous knowledge on She-Ra prior to watching the netflix series, it meant i could take to the changes and differences a lot more! Im personally not a fan of most of what ive seen of the original.

The original was basically a girl version of He-man. This new version has much less if nothing to do with her relationship to He-man. Its about her growing up and her story.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-03-12 05:01:05

One of the best parts of the new She-Ra, is when certain characters change from good to evil. Yes, I am leaving it vague to avoid to many spoilers. However, if you have watched it, you know what I mean.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-03-16 18:18:02

Pretty new to newgrounds...but honestly kinda loved hordak and especially nearing the end haha. So the horde. Just got a knack for tragic bad guys.

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-03-17 05:15:08

At 3/16/21 06:18 PM, 0liveTwist wrote:
Pretty new to newgrounds...but honestly kinda loved hordak and especially nearing the end haha. So the horde. Just got a knack for tragic bad guys.

Welcome to NewGrounds. I think you are the first person to pick the horde, and especially Hordak. I do agree with you. He is one of the few male characters, and yes he has lots of tragedy.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-04-13 03:44:51

One of the worst parts of the last season is that several characters have major changes. From changing friends, to relationships, and even physical appearances.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-04-15 01:44:53

Glimmer was so damn dumb.

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-04-20 03:57:31

At 4/15/21 01:44 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Glimmer was so damn dumb.

I agree that most of the Princesses are dumb in this show. Adora is also very dumb. The Horde is smart. but often loses to the Princesses having Epic Level magical powers.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-04-27 04:48:11

The finale episode stopped making sense about halfway through it. Just a bunch of random things happened, and nobody seemed to care. I was very disappointed.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-04-28 10:23:48

I prefer the original over the reboot while I was watching both at the same time (Per each episode) and watching the reboot is dislikable by how terrible of a reboot it was

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-04-28 19:28:15

At 4/28/21 10:23 AM, Kromasome wrote:
I prefer the original over the reboot while I was watching both at the same time (Per each episode) and watching the reboot is dislikable by how terrible of a reboot it was

I will agree that the original was all about action and excitement. The remake is all about making almost every character gay/bi/pan.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-04-29 00:27:15

At 4/28/21 07:28 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
I will agree that the original was all about action and excitement. The remake is all about making almost every character gay/bi/pan.

That... isn't my problem with the reboot. Quit literally everything about the reboot except one character I hate.

Mind you I've only watched season 1 before I stopped because it wasn't even funny how bad it was.

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-04-29 02:20:41

At 4/29/21 12:27 AM, Kromasome wrote:
That... isn't my problem with the reboot. Quit literally everything about the reboot except one character I hate.

Mind you I've only watched season 1 before I stopped because it wasn't even funny how bad it was.

Which character did you not hate?

I do agree that the reboot has little to no humor. It feels like a lame soap opera.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-04-29 02:44:25

At 4/29/21 02:20 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

I do agree that the reboot has little to no humor. It feels like a lame soap opera.

That hair bitch Entrapta was the only character that was fun to watch had a great debut episode (And even then that has one thing that is just really stupid, the quiver has a whole load of arrows and how does "Bow" a character who only shoots arrows only have 5 arrows)

Entrapta had an interesting design, moved in a fun way and had a great choice of voice, she knew what she was and that was being simple.

It's a kids show so I'm not that angry about it being shit it's just the insult to the original that sickens me cause the original was actually very good despite it's "80s", better than He-man I'd say.

This had no reason to be a reboot, it has nothing from the original literally just change the names of the character and lands and no-one would go "Oh hey, is this Shera?" Cause it looks and has nothing from the original

At least because of the reboot I got into watching the originals which are far superior imo

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-04-29 21:12:45

At 4/29/21 02:44 AM, Kromasome wrote:
At 4/29/21 02:20 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

That hair bitch Entrapta was the only character that was fun to watch had a great debut episode (And even then that has one thing that is just really stupid, the quiver has a whole load of arrows and how does "Bow" a character who only shoots arrows only have 5 arrows)

Entrapta was so geeky and nerdy. Such a cute girl. She is actually the oldest princess.

Entrapta had an interesting design, moved in a fun way and had a great choice of voice, she knew what she was and that was being simple.

Yes, she was very unique.

It's a kids show so I'm not that angry about it being shit it's just the insult to the original that sickens me cause the original was actually very good despite it's "80s", better than He-man I'd say.

I agree that the original was better then He-man. It was made a year later, so they have more to work with.

This had no reason to be a reboot, it has nothing from the original literally just change the names of the character and lands and no-one would go "Oh hey, is this Shera?" Cause it looks and has nothing from the original

Yes, they should of made it something difference instead of just a reboot.

At least because of the reboot I got into watching the originals which are far superior imo

I would of accepted this is a teenage version of the original. They were all adults in this original show.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-05-15 00:09:28

The show's creator has confirmed that every princess is at least gay and bi. It also seems odd the most of the straight characters were either killed off, or totally ignored in the last episode.

BBS Signature

Response to She-Ra Princess of Power Club 2021-06-04 04:38:33

Will they make a third version of She-Ra?

BBS Signature