00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4ng3lzh4untm3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!!

3,080 Views | 139 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-10 13:36:39

At 2/10/21 10:25 AM, Ceevro wrote:

I hear my bottle. like with the rhythm did not miss.
You did great, SuperCat! I told you that everyone can be a musician!

Thank you! You're the one who motivated me!

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-10 13:38:45

At 2/10/21 10:23 AM, Ceevro wrote:
At 2/10/21 07:22 AM, SuperCat904 wrote: I wanted to ask you something. how many people are currently participating in the project?
Um, So far the participation list is:

@MetalRenard - Mixer (possibly electric guitar solo)
@Ceevro - Steel string, Nylon string, Acoustic Bass, Vocals
@AkioDaku - Electric Bass
@Supercat0904 - Bottle
@TaintedLogic - Cello, (waiting on vocals)

And two people to be added this week:

@Seneka40 - Vocals
And a pianist I know IRL who will be stopping by to record tonight, but is not on NG.

As well, @tokyostreets said they would record something, but I'm not sure exactly what!

A great cast of great people! I'll try to come up with something else and play on something.

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-10 23:03:44

So...as it turns out...we not only got a piano tonight, thanks to my friend KatyatherussianspywhotoldmeIbetterdontcallherarussianspy, and a brand new and unexpected contribution from @PegasuTV, we got us the CEEVRO CRAPPY MIX #5!!!

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-11 02:19:56

At 2/10/21 11:03 PM, Ceevro wrote: So...as it turns out...we not only got a piano tonight, thanks to my friend KatyatherussianspywhotoldmeIbetterdontcallherarussianspy, and a brand new and unexpected contribution from @PegasuTV, we got us the CEEVRO CRAPPY MIX #5!!!

👏 This is progressing beautifully 🤓

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-11 02:51:35

Yo, @TaintedLogic ! How are you progressing on those vocals? I think the part of the piece that needs the most work at the moment is getting just a few more vocal tracks to give us some pick-and-choose room...

If y'all know other singers who want to get in on this, we are glad to have them!

As well, currently the track has an artificial drum track. We really do need some real percussion. Shakers, finger snaps, kicking your garage door, banging a five gallon bucket! I always say I'm willing to do it, but we prefer to let others have their go first!

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-11 23:18:56

Here's a mini quickmix with every body's contributions so far. Right now I've just thrown everything together at roughly the same level. For the final version, do you guys want me to choose lead parts for sections and put them in the front? Or keep it in this style?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jkf8qc3x50wclo/Singalong%20Drive%20Backing%20Demo2ish.mp3?dl=0

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-12 02:28:41

At 2/11/21 11:18 PM, MetalRenard wrote: Here's a mini quickmix with every body's contributions so far. Right now I've just thrown everything together at roughly the same level. For the final version, do you guys want me to choose lead parts for sections and put them in the front? Or keep it in this style?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jkf8qc3x50wclo/Singalong%20Drive%20Backing%20Demo2ish.mp3?dl=0

Man that sounds awesome 😍👏 I'm happy for either approach to the mix personally but yeah loving how you've got it sounding so far.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-12 10:09:36

I wanted to play the bass guitar, but the microphone just doesn’t pick up its sounds :( I don’t know if I can participate

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-12 10:34:39

At 2/12/21 10:09 AM, tokyostreets wrote: I wanted to play the bass guitar, but the microphone just doesn’t pick up its sounds :( I don’t know if I can participate

Well, we've already got two basses in the mix...we always need percussion and vocals, though!

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-12 12:08:02

At 2/11/21 11:18 PM, MetalRenard wrote: Here's a mini quickmix with every body's contributions so far. Right now I've just thrown everything together at roughly the same level. For the final version, do you guys want me to choose lead parts for sections and put them in the front? Or keep it in this style?

Love the sound...I personally think we should work the vocals in such a way that whatever sounds best in the song is kept, and we should be rather ruthless in cutting or dimming anything that isn't working.

BTW, did you wan't my guitar solo, or did you still want to do your own electric solo?

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-12 19:28:35

At 2/12/21 10:09 AM, tokyostreets wrote: I wanted to play the bass guitar, but the microphone just doesn’t pick up its sounds :( I don’t know if I can participate

Can you do some percussion? We don't want to use my virtual drums if we cna avoid it.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-12 20:35:36

At 2/11/21 02:51 AM, Ceevro wrote: Yo, @TaintedLogic !

Sorry for the slow response! I should be able to finish tomorrow. I've done a bit of rehearsal on the vocals, but not much recording yet. Feel free to ping me again if you don't hear from me in 24 hours. ^^

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-12 20:37:18

At 2/12/21 08:35 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 2/11/21 02:51 AM, Ceevro wrote: Yo, @TaintedLogic !
Sorry for the slow response! I should be able to finish tomorrow. I've done a bit of rehearsal on the vocals, but not much recording yet. Feel free to ping me again if you don't hear from me in 24 hours. ^^

Much love dude! We also need percussion. If you've got your mic out, give us some finger snaps and/or hand claps! I'll pick up the percussion slack, seeing as we ain't got a drummer.

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-13 01:53:10

At 2/12/21 07:28 PM, MetalRenard wrote:
Can you do some percussion? We don't want to use my virtual drums if we cna avoid it.

yeah, I can play stuff like drums. I'll try to do something.

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-13 17:25:47

Okay. I'm going to take a little bit more time on my vocals - one of the harmony parts I want to do is really low in register, and so I'm probably going to get a better tone out of it if I record it in the morning.

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-13 19:26:19

At 2/13/21 05:25 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Okay. I'm going to take a little bit more time on my vocals - one of the harmony parts I want to do is really low in register, and so I'm probably going to get a better tone out of it if I record it in the morning.

All good!

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-15 15:51:14

Awwwwwwrighty my glip-glops!!! Seems we got us a couple more lines of vocals. @TaintedLogic and @Seneka40 have both provided their harmonies, and at this point, we have everyone in, except our own percussion. I will do percussion on Wednesday if we don't get anyone sooner...and at that point...we shall have created a song!

IN THE MEANTIME...I just tossed everything in and did very little other than basic volume adjustments and some tuning...and it's already sounding amazing. When @MetalRenard gets finished with this little gem, I suspect we will have something very special.

CEEVRO CRAPPY MIX #6!!!

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-15 18:36:27

At 2/15/21 03:51 PM, Ceevro wrote: Awwwwwwrighty my glip-glops!!! Seems we got us a couple more lines of vocals. @TaintedLogic and @Seneka40 have both provided their harmonies, and at this point, we have everyone in, except our own percussion. I will do percussion on Wednesday if we don't get anyone sooner...and at that point...we shall have created a song!

IN THE MEANTIME...I just tossed everything in and did very little other than basic volume adjustments and some tuning...and it's already sounding amazing. When @MetalRenard gets finished with this little gem, I suspect we will have something very special.

CEEVRO CRAPPY MIX #6!!!

Received! Adding the to project, will try to do a rough mix today.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-16 03:48:39

Update:

Fixed timing issues for first half (up to first chorus).

All parts are now in the track.

Basic mix but nothing really concrete at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvj9ibfoiuvv4jf/Singalong%20Drive%20First%20Part%20Editing%20Done.mp3?dl=0

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-16 10:55:25

At 2/16/21 03:48 AM, MetalRenard wrote: Update:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvj9ibfoiuvv4jf/Singalong%20Drive%20First%20Part%20Editing%20Done.mp3?dl=0

Awrighty! Sounds like the instrumental mix is great. We shall have to be pretty brutal with the vocal side of things (we can all hear that some of the vocal parts fit better than others at different times)...so while we shall endeavor to keep everyone in, bear in mind that if we hear a great harmony at one point, but there's just and off voice in it, we shall ruthlessly chop out the off voice during that part. It's nothing personal...bear in mind that the first duty must be to the song itself!

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-16 13:41:59

At 2/16/21 10:55 AM, Ceevro wrote:
At 2/16/21 03:48 AM, MetalRenard wrote: Update:

Awrighty! Sounds like the instrumental mix is great. We shall have to be pretty brutal with the vocal side of things (we can all hear that some of the vocal parts fit better than others at different times)...so while we shall endeavor to keep everyone in, bear in mind that if we hear a great harmony at one point, but there's just and off voice in it, we shall ruthlessly chop out the off voice during that part. It's nothing personal...bear in mind that the first duty must be to the song itself!

This is where it could proper go next level. If you go granular as possible like the lead voice cuts to someone new for each phrase it'll sound really cool.

BBS Signature

I'm going to make 2 versions, I've decided. The 'friends having a singalong' version with every part present. When that's done, I'll go back in and comp a lead part from each section and delete parts which clash. That will be the 'pro' version.

I need to fix the timing on everything first anyway, so, nothing will be wasted.

Everyone OK with that? We'll publish the pro one and keep the friendly one for historical purposes.

Either way, I need to actually mix everything from scratch once the timing is fixed and we still need percussion.

@Ceevro what would you say to keeping virtual drums if we add recorded sounds on top?

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-16 15:47:25

At 2/16/21 02:14 PM, MetalRenard wrote: I'm going to make 2 versions, I've decided. The 'friends having a singalong' version with every part present. When that's done, I'll go back in and comp a lead part from each section and delete parts which clash. That will be the 'pro' version.
I need to fix the timing on everything first anyway, so, nothing will be wasted.
Everyone OK with that? We'll publish the pro one and keep the friendly one for historical purposes.

Either way, I need to actually mix everything from scratch once the timing is fixed and we still need percussion.

@Ceevro what would you say to keeping virtual drums if we add recorded sounds on top?

Sounds like a plan!

Let's see whether I can make the kitchen drums sound good enough, and make a decision from there...bottom line is: Everything for the song applies to me as well!

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-17 08:10:24

I'll try to do at least something before saturday.

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-17 21:15:10

Hey guys...sorry, won't be able to record percussion tonight, will have to wait until tomorrow...some LIFE happened to me! I'll get to it! Promise!

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-17 21:17:22

At 2/17/21 09:15 PM, Ceevro wrote: Hey guys...sorry, won't be able to record percussion tonight, will have to wait until tomorrow...some LIFE happened to me! I'll get to it! Promise!

Nothing wrong. Anything in life can happen.

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-19 23:23:58

Sorry guys! Life keeps happening to me! I'm trying to record some percs, but I'm also in the middle of a legal battle (nothing serious...just an employment dispute) and I haven't had a chance to record! I shall try again tomorrow, but if worse comes to worse, we may have to settle for @MetalRenards drum track...

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-19 23:51:34

At 2/19/21 11:23 PM, Ceevro wrote: Sorry guys! Life keeps happening to me! I'm trying to record some percs, but I'm also in the middle of a legal battle (nothing serious...just an employment dispute) and I haven't had a chance to record! I shall try again tomorrow, but if worse comes to worse, we may have to settle for @MetalRenards drum track...

Can I help with the drums?

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-22 13:25:59

What is the current state of Singalong? Is there any activity? Is it working?

Response to Ceevro's Singalong Collab is BACK!!! 2021-02-22 16:02:54

At 2/22/21 01:25 PM, SuperCat904 wrote: What is the current state of Singalong? Is there any activity? Is it working?

Yes. @MetalRenard is working on the final mix now. We have decided to go with his artificial drum track...but the mixes should be out as soon as he feels they are mixed to perfection!