00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I can't think of what to do!

284 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I want to practice my animation skills and apply some of the things I learned. My problem is that I constantly think of many ideas and it starts to get to the point where I don't know what to pick and then suddenly blank do no ideas. This happens every time, and I try to work on mostly really short segments like 2-5 seconds long. I'm constantly thinking too much when it comes to doing animation. I'd still appreciate some help from people who have done animation longer or who even went through something like this. This is really starting to bum me out.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO SCOOOOOOOOOPPPPPEEEE!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to I can't think of what to do! 2021-01-26 20:09:44

At 1/26/21 03:13 PM, BlueBoltXRD wrote: I want to practice my animation skills and apply some of the things I learned. My problem is that I constantly think of many ideas and it starts to get to the point where I don't know what to pick and then suddenly blank do no ideas. This happens every time, and I try to work on mostly really short segments like 2-5 seconds long. I'm constantly thinking too much when it comes to doing animation. I'd still appreciate some help from people who have done animation longer or who even went through something like this. This is really starting to bum me out.

If you're seeking structure to your approach maybe this will help:

https://www.animatorisland.com/51-great-animation-exercises-to-master/

Other things i've seen on twitter are doing dailies with different focuses each month, people like telepurte and zoray99 etc.

A good thing to emulate. Short segments are fine, if technical skill is what you want to build you should be doing lots of singular shots. Also recommend reading up on theory and trying to practice the principles :)

good luck on your journey

Response to I can't think of what to do! 2021-01-26 20:39:08

At 1/26/21 08:09 PM, Tacopug wrote:
If you're seeking structure to your approach maybe this will help:

https://www.animatorisland.com/51-great-animation-exercises-to-master/

Other things I've seen on twitter are doing dailies with different focuses each month, people like telepurte and zoray99 etc.
A good thing to emulate. Short segments are fine, if technical skill is what you want to build you should be doing lots of singular shots. Also recommend reading up on theory and trying to practice the principles :)

good luck on your journey

Right "singular shots", that's what I ment when I said "short segment" my bad lol. Thank you for commenting me some help I'll definitely take a read this information actually seems very useful! I'm already familiar with The 12 Principles of Animation, they mostly seem like common sense to me, but it wont hurt to practice them.

BBS Signature

Response to I can't think of what to do! 2021-01-26 22:56:15

Maybe start with something simple. Like animating an existing piece from your gallery, such as the drawing of that girl in pink standing in the snow. Maybe tween some snow falling in the foreground while animating her hair slightly blowing in the wind. Maybe some eye blinks if you're feeling crazy :P

Response to I can't think of what to do! 2021-02-07 02:32:30

This is definitely a another great idea! Thanks!

BBS Signature