00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sodacomics just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

JS2Py 2020-12-30 23:13:09

I'm starting to develop a small HTML5 game, and if possible, I'd prefer to write it in a language I already know, instead of having to learn JavaScript. I've only ever really written a visit counter for my site in JS, so sticking to what I already know seems like the best way around this. I know there's a few modules and things I can use to port Python code to JS, but how useful are they? I know I'd probably have to do a little fucking around with it afterward, but if I'm just making a text adventure, why not?

Obviously, there'd have to be a FEW changes after the fact, like making it change text in a specific paragraph, or whatever the fuck, so there's actually output.

BBS Signature

Response to JS2Py 2021-01-01 03:00:03

I would just learn JS. It's really not that hard to do if you already know Python.

Response to JS2Py 2021-01-01 03:09:22

At 1/1/21 03:00 AM, BrentHeMan wrote: I would just learn JS. It's really not that hard to do if you already know Python.

Yeah, alright.

I guess my main issue was figuring out how the fuck Newgrounds determines how big the player for my game should be, since... as far as I'm aware, there's no way for ME to set that... right?

BBS Signature